Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 05:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Poor Krispy Kreme

Today on the news Krispy Kreme Donuts announced its first ever loss of profits since going private and WE are to blame!! The low carbing 'craze' is blamed for their drop in profits (well lack of LOL)

Sheesh I am sick of it, why cant they just say FINALLY Americans and Canadians are eating better ??? One minute they say we are the most obese nations now they are crying for poor krispy kremes profits!

Apparently they (KK) now have to look overseas for new markets for their products!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 05:47
Staying Put

Plan: Atkins/CarbCycling
Stats: 299/252/180 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 39%

hohohohohohho!!!! And guess where they are lookin!!? Over here in the UK - never heard of KK's before this week and there's this BIG anouncement on the telly to say that finally KK's are coming to the UK - yeah right, like they'll do any better over here?? I don't think so! They need to start making LC KK's!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 16:18

Stats: 140.5/121/120 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

yes, they do, and not just sugar-free! It's not just sugar that's the problem, they should work on changing the recipe from all-flour.

I confess to a complete addiction to KKs--ooo, they just melt in your mouth, the sugar coating is delicate and crunchy, love the whipped cream filling the best. Two can go down light as clouds, three are even better...

ok, I'll stop now. I indulge once a year and then stay far, far away from the shop here in town.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 23:22

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Yes, they are blaming low-carbers. A recent news article, however, brought to light that KK has no more to blame than themselves for some bad business decisions. Nice to be a scapegoat, huh? Not!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 10:52

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

You now what's funny ? They are blaming Atkins on their slumping sales, but nothing is said about the fact that donuts are evil in the low-fat camp as well !. You keep hearing about the obesity epidemic, and how you have to eat less. Could it be that people are listening and cutting down on the obvious junk food. And what could be more obvious than fatty, sugary Krispy Kreme.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 11:34

Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Yes I agree, people should be applauded for not supporting these high sugar, high fat products !
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:20
Registered Member

Plan: Neandrathin
Stats: 220/220/190 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I think I'm one of a handful of people in my city that hasn't had a Krispy Kreme donut. Besides not being much of a fan of donuts, I was really put off by all the hype with the first store open in Portland, OR. Then watching all the people standing in lines for hours on end and then buying dozens of these donuts. I'll past, but thanks!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 16:40

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

they just melt in your mouth, = no nutrients or substance

the sugar coating is delicate and crunchy, = texture but all empty carbs and calories

love the whipped cream filling the best. And how did you feel about 30 minutes later? Glad you ate them or hungry and mad at your self for eating them?

Two can go down light as clouds, three are even better...= classic description of "carbs calling to carbs" - the addiction that we all have suffered from. How does that taste?

Like any addiction, it seems to be delicious at the time but then comes the reality and the consequences.

I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for a company that creates "food" that hurts its customers. Same with the companies that sell "crispy air with sugar" for breakfast.