Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poor Krispy Kreme (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=187261)

sandi24 Thu, May-27-04 05:44

Poor Krispy Kreme

Today on the news Krispy Kreme Donuts announced its first ever loss of profits since going private and WE are to blame!! The low carbing 'craze' is blamed for their drop in profits (well lack of LOL)

Sheesh I am sick of it, why cant they just say FINALLY Americans and Canadians are eating better ??? One minute they say we are the most obese nations now they are crying for poor krispy kremes profits!

Apparently they (KK) now have to look overseas for new markets for their products!

jadefox26 Thu, May-27-04 05:47

hohohohohohho!!!! And guess where they are lookin!!? Over here in the UK - never heard of KK's before this week and there's this BIG anouncement on the telly to say that finally KK's are coming to the UK - yeah right, like they'll do any better over here?? I don't think so! They need to start making LC KK's!!

VAgrrl Fri, May-28-04 16:18

yes, they do, and not just sugar-free! It's not just sugar that's the problem, they should work on changing the recipe from all-flour.

I confess to a complete addiction to KKs--ooo, they just melt in your mouth, the sugar coating is delicate and crunchy, love the whipped cream filling the best. Two can go down light as clouds, three are even better...

ok, I'll stop now. I indulge once a year and then stay far, far away from the shop here in town.

LilaCotton Fri, May-28-04 23:22

Yes, they are blaming low-carbers. A recent news article, however, brought to light that KK has no more to blame than themselves for some bad business decisions. Nice to be a scapegoat, huh? Not!

Angeline Sat, May-29-04 10:52

You now what's funny ? They are blaming Atkins on their slumping sales, but nothing is said about the fact that donuts are evil in the low-fat camp as well !. You keep hearing about the obesity epidemic, and how you have to eat less. Could it be that people are listening and cutting down on the obvious junk food. And what could be more obvious than fatty, sugary Krispy Kreme.

sandi24 Sat, May-29-04 11:34

Yes I agree, people should be applauded for not supporting these high sugar, high fat products !

mercury Sat, May-29-04 15:20

I think I'm one of a handful of people in my city that hasn't had a Krispy Kreme donut. Besides not being much of a fan of donuts, I was really put off by all the hype with the first store open in Portland, OR. Then watching all the people standing in lines for hours on end and then buying dozens of these donuts. I'll past, but thanks!

tofi Sat, May-29-04 16:40

they just melt in your mouth, = no nutrients or substance

the sugar coating is delicate and crunchy, = texture but all empty carbs and calories

love the whipped cream filling the best. And how did you feel about 30 minutes later? Glad you ate them or hungry and mad at your self for eating them?

Two can go down light as clouds, three are even better...= classic description of "carbs calling to carbs" - the addiction that we all have suffered from. How does that taste?

Like any addiction, it seems to be delicious at the time but then comes the reality and the consequences.

I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for a company that creates "food" that hurts its customers. Same with the companies that sell "crispy air with sugar" for breakfast.