Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 09:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/225/140 Female 5'4
BF:?
Progress: 0%

My big trick is 2 things depending on where I am and what I'm doing---If I'm home I take a long shower or bath, facial mask, something on that line. My other big help was to polish my nails--you can't eat with wet polish.
My other is sometimes I just need some flavor in my mouth--listerene strips really help--I usually take 2-3 at a time.
Good luck--getting thru the hard times makes the good times all the better!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 21:04

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

if i feel like i cant go on anymore, discouraged or h*ll with it kinda feeling i'd just break all the rules (ranging from full plate to even a little piece of unauthorized foods, stop exercising, not drinking enough water etc).

then i'd feel mighty guilty about it and that feeling enough to get me back on next day or so and kinda got my spirit lift up

p/s but this dont work for some ppl, im just replyin from my experience thats all. cheers and dont give up

Last edited by dazzlin182 : Sat, May-29-04 at 03:16.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 03:15

Stats: 139/129/115 Female 5'3"
BF:30/?/20
Progress: 42%

What do I do? I recall the day when I went off plan. I was having terrible cravings, it was TOM and I was at goal, so a splurge meal wouldn't hurt me, 'cause I'd get back on track the next day and all would be fine, right? Not! Took me about a month, half the pounds I'd lost, guilt, heartburn and hypoglicemia to get back on track. Definitely not going back there!
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 07:44

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Go get something to eat--legal food though. If you're not hungry it's a heck of a lot easier to deny those cravings for the illegal foods.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 08:14

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoer
Go get something to eat--legal food though. If you're not hungry it's a heck of a lot easier to deny those cravings for the illegal foods.

i agree. eat somethin legal is much better way to go about it
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 08:30

Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Make myself a lc treat that takes some time to prepare. My favorites are the key lime pie from Low Carb Comfort Food, or the chocolate mousse from 500 Low Carb Recipes. Cooking always cheers me up and I don't feel so anxious to run out for donuts since I know I'm going to have something yummy when I'm done. That seems to work better than just opening a bag of lc cookies and tossing down a few.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 09:41
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAC
Sometimes I get so discouraged and can't seem to pull out of it.

What does everyone else do to combat this problem?
Honestly, I've never felt this way. I've had such great success on Atkins that I never thought once about giving up. I've had my days where I'll eat whatever I want, carby or not (which is by choice, so I don't feel guilty), but I've always gotten right back on the wagon because I know that Atkins is the best WOE for me for the rest of my life. I have learned to keep healthy foods like meat, fish, poultry, veggies, some fruits and a little whole grains as my regular diet, and to have something off plan once in awhile, which is usually once a month if that.

mel
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 10:37
The Spandex Killer

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 206.2/206.2/145 Female 5'9.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I take a look at the best photos of myself and realize they were taken just last year and that if I *WANT IT ENOUGH* I can look that way again.

Then I go in my closet and look at all the cute outfits I have that I can't wear right now -- it will be a whole new wardrobe to wear if I can stick with it! How great is that?

Then I think about upcoming events that are important to me and how I'd really like to ENJOY them instead of sitting there unhappy and self-conscious feeling like a lump and wondering why I didn't stick with my plan.

Hang in there!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 11:35

Plan: In Transition
Stats: 256/180/140 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I'm over 50, that gives me a lot of history to draw on. I just think of what I would be doing if I were not sticking to this. The answer, of course, is always the same. I'd be gaining. Hanging tough beats the alternative. I have neither the time nor inclination to keep doing this until I get it right. I want to have it right while I'm still able to enjoy the end result.

For those who are way younger than I am, my advice would be the same, "no retreat, no surrender." I wish to heck that I had done this for myself many years ago. My quality of life would have been far different.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:44
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

How about drinking lots of water or working out or trying on clothes that don't fit? Or taking your measurements?

red
  #26   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 04:20

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/152/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 110%

I've actually got a bad case of cravings myself today (TOM due ) which tends to bring out negative thoughts as to why I'm actually doing this - so far in order to try and combat them I've done some exercise (swimming) and had a large chocolate whey protein shake - made with lots of ice and cream, as the fat content usually helps to curb cravings for me.

So far, it's working