Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 11:40

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%
Default KISS Challenge for June 2004

Welcome one and all to the KISS challenge for the month of June!

If you are interested in KISSing with us check out the following websites and threads to get an idea of what KISS is all about ----

KISS Foods
KISS Rules
KISS the Low-Carb Way
Summer & Demi's April/May KISS Challenge

Anyone can begin the challege at any time, just post here with your menus and start weights, and of course, update us on your progress. I will begin my KISS detox on Monday, May 31 Memorial Day and continue for 2 weeks.

Paris
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 12:01

Plan: stress & low carb
Stats: 298/242/175 Female 5' 7
BF:WAY/ TOO/ MUCH
Progress: 46%

Sounds like this is for me! I think i need a little boost or something...and this may be it. I'll give it a a try. I will start on Monday or Tuesday (not sure yet...cuz of the holiday).

Can we have salt, pepper or ketchup? I dont think the ketchup is good right?
btw is taylor ham processed meat??
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 12:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/247.5/145 Female 5'4.25"
BF:50%/46%/15%
Progress: 15%
Default My first KISS

I"m excited to try this, I really hope it works! Any suggestions on how to measure my progress, I tossed my bathroom scale out of the window!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 12:12

Welcome, welcome!

Butterball - no ketchup or ham; salt, pepper and all sugar-free spices and condiments are fine. Basically, if you could not spear or gather it 10 thousand years ago, it's out!

Vanity - do you have a pair of jeans or a dress that you can use to measure or even a tape measure?

HTH! Paris
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 12:16

Ok Gotcha!! Wow This Is Gonna Take Some Work For Me...but Im Willing To Try It!! Im So Used To 'processed Meats'....maybe That Is Why I Dont Loose As Much As I Should?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 12:22

Hey Lisa! I think many of us rely on processed meats and dairy! I've been putting together some KISS menu ideas and find that I rely a ton on bacon, cream and cheese. It'll be good to try new food items and recipes. I have found that when I eat a lot of processed meats (deli meats and bacon are a favorite of mine) that I tend to retain water which masks fat loss.

Best of luck! I am so glad we are all doing this together!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 13:32

Plan: Low carb/Atkins
Stats: 230/205/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 31%

I started today. Is that cheating? Already have a headache without my coffee.

Candyless
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 14:07

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Count me in! It felt so good last time, even though it is a challenge! But I can spend the next couple of days planning 2 weeks worth of KISS menus--that's a big challenge, esp. breakfast!

Big trip to Costco tomorrow!

Vanity--maybe you can't measure precisely without scales or tapemeasure, but you will be able to see and feel the difference!

Also, I feel obliged to point out that I do not believe that a low-fat KISS diet is the best idea. We've learned from Dr. Atkins and others that fat is very beneficial. The eskimos ate/eat tons of fat and the cavemen were certain to have eaten the fatty parts of animals. You can all approach it however you like, but it was clear from the last thread that people were having trouble without their fat. I will be using butter and oil liberally during my two weeks! And I did lose 5 lbs. in 9 days, which is good enough for me!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 16:39

BF:

Broke down and had to have 1 cup of coffee this afternoon. Couldn't stand the headache. Does it get easier?

Candyless
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 18:03

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Candyless-- you know some people never give up the caffeine do fine. It's probably better if you cut back slowly--either give up one ofyour cups per day, or make them 1/2 decaf, then 3/4 decaf, etc. I think the things that are more likely to be impediments to weight loss are nitrites, AS, and dairy. Follow the other KISS rules as you try to cut back on caffeine!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 19:20

Welcome Candyless and MamaSara!

I'd say it's better to take the steps you can than none at all - so if you need to wean yourself off of the coffee, go that route, Candyless!

Good point on the fat, Sara! I have no intention of doing a low-fat KISS (in fact, I was not aware it was suppose to be low-fat until I was doing some in-depth research on it today). I will be eating fair amounts of butter, EVOO, cod liver oil, mayo and avocado daily. My only goals regarding fat are to to try and balance my Omega-3s with my Omega-6s.

Does anyone have some menu ideas down-pat? So far I have everything to make a meatloaf, Texas chili, jalapeno-lime mahi mahi, various hot veggie sides, coleslaws and salads... I also found a sausage that is just ground pork and seasonings so I may add that to my oligatory egg/tomatoes/guacamole breakfast.

Woohoo! Off we go!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 05:26

BF:

I agree with the coffee thing. I used to drink 4 to 5 cups a day. I will slowly decrease, starting out with maybe one a day or with half decaf, half regular. I want to try the chili recipe. I got it off this site, but can we have avocados? They're not on the list? Hurry...... I need recipes. The support from everyone is GREAT!

Candyless
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 06:15

well just wanted to say that i've been having a rough time lately so today and tomorrow i am gonna eat some carbs. Not overboard though. Also i stopped my ooo (and feel so bloated & crappy). So this weekened i am OFF. I do intend to do some food shopping and be 110% ready for MONDAY!! Perhaps a 2 day break will up some loss for me. It has done so in the past...
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 06:21

Candyless - I recall others eating avocados and not having a problem on KISS. They are one of those fruit vegetables, and such a good source of potassium!

Lisa - have a great weekend! I too am going shopping to prepare for Monday.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 08:01

BF:

Paris,
I feel that if we all put our heads together to be creative with meal plans that we can do this. I always like to make a taco salad without the shell, beans or chips. I will be sure to add avocados.

Candyless