Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:41

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Dannon low carb yogurt make you hungry?

I tried the Dannon Carb Control yogurt and felt hungrier after it than if I take lowfat plain yogurt and put in Davinci Vanilla syrup and a handfull of berries. Anybody else have a similar situation?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:46
Registered Member

Plan: Aaisier Zuccarum Plan
Stats: // Female 52
BF:
Progress: 34%

I saw this in the grocery store. How does it taste and what's the nutrional information? I think that having a yogurt sounds like a nice option, if its reasonable.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I can't remember which kind of low carb yogurt I bought, it was so good, but I was starving after i ate it! Nothing worse than having your snack, still being hungry and knowing lunch isn't for a couple more hours.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:53

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

I bought a package of Dannon yogurt at the first of this month. I ate one and the girls ate the rest. I thought it tasted really good--for yogurt. It doesn't have the sour yogurt flavor like some do. I don't recall a hunger reaction, though. Overall, it's over-priced. For the tiny amount in the little carton I'd rather spend my money on something else.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 12:56

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

The brand I bought was priced the same as all the other yogurts sorry I don't remember the name.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 13:13

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

I use the Dannon Carb Control yougert but I have no cravings. They are great. However I do have problems with other LC products (LC cookies and choc) where I want more after I've finnised my serving.
Each product will affect each person differently. If this one causes cravings stay away from it (like I do those darn cookies!!) Maybe a different brand will be better for you.

Good luck,
Carina
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 13:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I eat it every now and then. The vanilla tastes really good w/ chocolate wipped cream and the strawberry tastes awesome w/ regular wipped cream. I have noticed that once I eat one though I want another one and am still hungary, but its a very nice taste change every now and then.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 13:19
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I have not had this problem with the Dannon LC yogurt. However, I recently upped my carbs and switched to Dannon whole plain yogurt, which is 7 net carbs for a 1/2 cup. I mix it with a few fresh strawberries and maybe a packet of Splenda, and it's pretty filling. Plus, I feel like I'm eating something natural instead of something full of chemicals (I believe the LC yogurt contains aspartame, if I'm not mistaken...but I could be).

If you have a little bit of a higher carb count per day, it's worth looking into. I wouldn't go with lowfat yogurt, though, as it's likely to be full of sugar or sugar substitutes.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 13:35

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Thanks! Hillary, that sounds kind of like what I do. I found I have to watch my calories a little as I am hypothyroid and do not burn fat easily, that's why I switched to lf yogurt when I want some and 2 % cottage cheese. By the way, the yogurt is lowfat PLAIN, no sweeteners added. I add my own splenda or DaVinci flavors.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 100/110/100 Female short
BF:
Progress:

The dannon carb control contains modified food starch, which for some people can cause cravings etc. I like the Hood LC yogurt best and the serving size is bigger too.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:25
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Remember, the dannon yogurt only has 60 calories. If you are eating it expecting to be fulled up, you are going to be in for an unwelcome surprise .

I find adding stuff to the yogurt can turn it into a large snack or a small meal. Throw in some berries, fruit, whipped cream, nuts, and LC cereal and now you have a very filling, wholesome, nutritionally replete LC snack.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:06

Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

The Dannon yogurt did NOT fill me up and was really expensive. I started buying Fage's greek yogurt. It is 6 carbs per cup, and full of fat and cals so it really fills me up Plus, it's a much more reasonable serving size than that tiny little container of Dannon. It is plain, but I add in a teaspoon of LC jam or a handful of berries to sweeten it up. Mmm, very good

Robin
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:38

Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Mmmm...I love the Dannon low-carb yogurt. The vanilla creme tastes like Dairy Queen to me. Strawberry is great, too. It's sweetened with Splenda, not aspertame. I haven't had any problems with cravings but I'm not eating it as a fill-me-up type of snack. I just enjoy it as a sweet treat.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 20:34

Plan: ??
Stats: 135/???/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

I can't eat this stuff! It sets of cravings and binges for me. Same thing w/the yoplait low carb. I had to ban them from my house. I agree w/what someone else said...I love the Fage (sp?) Greek yogurt...only 80 calories but high in protein and it does fill me up...no cravings and nothing artificial added. I just add some splenda and a few berries and it's fabulous!

--Cindy
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 22:03
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

For me most dairy causes cravings. I can be full and have a little cream as a treat, and suddenly I feel like I'm starving. There is probably something in the yogurt that is a trigger for you. It could be the dairy, addatives, the sweetness, any number of things. You might try plain yogurt, or even making your own from the carb countdown milk.