Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 17:56
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb Diet Solution
Stats: 188/154/135 Female 65
BF:more than I want!
Progress: 64%
Default HELP! Induction EMERGENCY!

I'm not sure where to post this, but I know that this board is read all the time and I need some quick help. Tomorrow is my birthday, but I am in induction. What can I make for dessert? Where can I find the recipe? Any chocolate ideas? I don't want to have an "eggy" cheesecake...but don't know what else to do.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

You can make a chocolate version of the LC Cheesecake. Also, the recipie forum has a ton of different "sweet" things. I've made the LC French Silk Pie, its mostly ALL butter, but it will do the trick.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Relax & Enjoy yourself.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 18:09

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Have you tried an 'eggy' cheesecake? Honestly, you can't tell there's egg in them, as the main ingredient is cream cheese. We use a recipe that I got off an Oreo cookie pie crust package some years back, and just modified it to use Splenda instead of sugar. It's absolutely delish!

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
2 eggs
1/2 Cup Splenda
1/4 Cup cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. cocoa

Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, then put into a mixer bowl and cream in the vanilla. Then beat in eggs one at a time. Take out half the mixture and add cocoa to the remaining mix. Put the white mix into a pie plate, then add the chocolate mix, and swirl it with a knife for a marble affect.

Bake at 325F for 35-40 minutes.

Edited because I forgot the eggs!

Last edited by LilaCotton : Tue, May-25-04 at 23:24.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilaCotton
Have you tried an 'eggy' cheesecake? Honestly, you can't tell there's egg in them, as the main ingredient is cream cheese. We use a recipe that I got off an Oreo cookie pie crust package some years back, and just modified it to use Splenda instead of sugar. It's absolutely delish!

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
1/2 Cup Splenda
1/4 Cup cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. cocoa

Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, then put into a mixer bowl and cream in the vanilla. Then beat in eggs one at a time. Take out half the mixture and add cocoa to the remaining mix. Put the white mix into a pie plate, then add the chocolate mix, and swirl it with a knife for a marble affect.

Bake at 325F for 35-40 minutes.

I think there's two eggs in there, yes?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 20:25
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

Jello and whipped cream.....LC ice cream sundae......chocolate shake topped with whipped cream.....cheesecake......
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 22:05

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! We can celebrate together, mine's Thursday!!

#7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:25

Good grief! Built, you're right--sorry about that! I forgot the eggs, LOL. Anyway, we just love that stuff, and where on earth are my manners anyway?

Happy birthday--to both Shoe Freak AND Blue4Lemon!!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:42
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilaCotton
Good grief! Built, you're right--sorry about that! I forgot the eggs, LOL. Anyway, we just love that stuff, and where on earth are my manners anyway?

Happy birthday--to both Shoe Freak AND Blue4Lemon!!

Nothing wrong with your manners! You shared a favourite recipe! You've made it so many times, it makes itself, I'm sure LOL!

I make cheesecake myself. That's why I knew about the eggs. My rule of thumb is 1 egg, and 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar-equivalent per package of creamcheese. Oh, and 1/3 cup sour cream per package of creamcheese makes the texture AMAZING.

When you can afford the carbs, make a crust out of crushed nuts with splenda and melted unsalted butter, same proportions as a graham cracker crust.

Oh - I've said too much...
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 277/258/200 Male 76
BF:27%/25%/18%
Progress: 25%

i say screw it, its your birthday splurge for one meal
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 23:48
Registered Member

BF:

Depends on which you consider the bigger treat - a piece of real cake, or continuing fat loss.

Either one won't make much difference to your health, if it's only the one meal. It's just a question of where your head is.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 00:16

Quote:
i say screw it, its your birthday splurge for one meal

And that may be fine for later, but it isn't the best thing to do during Induction when you're trying to get your body accustomed to not eating high-carb foods.

Built, I've got to remember the sour cream thing! My daughter makes most of the cheesecakes around here. We've made them with nut crusts too (for Christmas and Thanksgiving) and they were out of this world! She also found a low-carb chocolate 'cake' recipe a while back that isn't a cake at all, which we sometimes use for crust. It puts Oreo cookie crust to shame. It's from a site called Barbo's. I'm not sure if that site is still up--it was down a while back.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built
Nothing wrong with your manners! You shared a favourite recipe! You've made it so many times, it makes itself, I'm sure LOL!

I make cheesecake myself. That's why I knew about the eggs. My rule of thumb is 1 egg, and 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar-equivalent per package of creamcheese. Oh, and 1/3 cup sour cream per package of creamcheese makes the texture AMAZING.

When you can afford the carbs, make a crust out of crushed nuts with splenda and melted unsalted butter, same proportions as a graham cracker crust.

Oh - I've said too much...

Add a little cinnamon -- say, 1/2 tsp -- and it makes it even more like a graham-cracker crust! My own recipe is 1 1/2 c sliced almonds (measured sliced, then ground in the food processor), 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla DaVinci, 3 tbsp butter, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. I use 1/4c sour cream per pkg of cream cheese, but other than that, you're right on the money. Of course, the other keys to good cheesecake are not overbeating and not overbaking, but those are things you kind of have to learn through practice!
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:09

Plan: Healthy Balance (my own)
Stats: 220/192/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

You have LOTS of options! HAPPY BDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!! The cheesecake is a great idea. As for an "eggy" cheesecake, do you realize that even regular cheesecake has egg in it? At least mine always did. I was the master chocolate cheesecake maker GOOOOD stuff! I bought the ingredients to try the LC version...not much different than the regular recipe-wise aside from the small amount of flour in the original. Good luck!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 17:12
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb Diet Solution
Stats: 188/154/135 Female 65
BF:more than I want!
Progress: 64%
Default Thanks...

Thank you for all of your suggestions! The "eggy" cheesecake seems to be what I end up with when I try any LC recipe, but now I have a few more I can experiment with. I'm having a great day today...celebrating me! (But, I am feeling the induction FATIGUE today BIG TIME! Not that that is a bad thing...it just means the diet is working!)
  #15   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 17:30

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

Happy Birthday, Birthday Girls!!!