Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 16:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/149/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 27%
Question alcohol

Ok I know its says not to have any alcohol during phase 1 but im going to a social this Saturday and I was wondering how bad it would be to have like 1 or 2 ceasers. You can have tomato juice on phase 1 and vodka is no carbs...............any1 know have any input?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 16:46
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 250/210/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Actually, there is some debate that moderate alcohol may be fine and actually help metabolism for high fat, low carb diets. There is an article here: http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/alcohol.html which gives some interesting information.

I would just suggest that vodka's main ingredient is potatoes, and that might be something to consider. If you are in phase 1 and really want to have 1 or 2 drinks, then I would say go ahead. They may or may not stall you, or you may have to be more careful next week, but sometimes it is better to allow yourself a little of something rather than deny yourself all of something.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 21:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/149/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks Team Gal...........I may just end up having 1 drink.............ill just drink lots of water the next day hehehehehe
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 06:35

Plan: SB leaning towards Atkins
Stats: // Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 33%

I drank some vodka one night during phase one, and i dont know if it stalled me or not- i still lost- I say go ahead but stick to one or two like you said and drink really slow. I got bombed on three drinks, low carb makes you way more sensitive to alcohol! The bombed part I didnt mind, I just felt like garbage the next day. have fun!