Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/197/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Lunch Ideas

This is always when I am my weakest, lunchtime. I work at an office and it is so easy for me to run and grab something, but what??!! I am so sick of salad bar, but I'm not sure what else to do. Any suggestions? sometimes i'll go to the deli and get egg salad or tuna salad, but i'm not a huge fan of either. I need some new ideas of lunches I can bring to work.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:20

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I spend a few hours on Sunday cooking all of my meals for the next week and pop some of them in the freezer so they don't go bad. I made steak fahita's (minus the wrap if you are in induction) and melt a little cheese on top. I make chicken salad and put it on a bed of lettuce, stuffed turkey breast with whatever I feel like stuffing it with, low carb yogurt, tuna salad, taco salad or tacos, sometimes a make a quiche. There are tons of things you can do.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:28

Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

I eat salads for lunch every day, except on the weekend. I work in an office, too, and brown-bagging is the most economical and carb-friendly way for me to go.

You can get creative with the combinations and ingredients. Sometimes I will make tuna salad and just plop it on a bunch of romaine lettuce (tuna salad sandwich without the sandwich). You can do that with chicken salad and egg salad as well. Most of the time, I pre-make bowls with romaine, a small amount of avacado, bacon bits, and top it with my favorite lunch meat (cajun turkey breast), shredded cheeses, and Marie's italian garlic or ranch dressing.

You just can't beat a salad! It is a bit boring, but food just doesn't interest me like it did before I started this WOE a year ago.

Smiles,
Bon
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:28
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I LOVE lunch and all the options available. I actually look more forward to lunch than my dinner at home. I'm a regular visitor of;
Subway, where I usually get the Spinach/chicken salad or my own version of the Grilled Chicken salad by adding green peppers, onions, extra cheese, and lots of full fat mayo..

Wendys:
2 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers (no bun)
Caesar Side Salad
(only 4 carbs for lunch)

Arby's
I'm hooked on the Turkey Bacon wrap (17 Carbs and FULL of fiber)

Ruby Tuesdays:
Church Chicken

We also go out for Omlets a lot and I've gotten garbage (which is a lot like an omlet, but just scrambled together)

Hope it gets ya started. Just think Meat.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 10:39

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 135/130.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:26/???/18
Progress: 30%

I always opt for a double cheeseburger no bun. You can add guacomole, makes it yummy.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:08

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

One word....casseroles. I dont work out of the home, but most places are equipped with a microwave now. Make a casserole on the weekend, such as: Brown some Ground beef, a little onions, garlic, seasoning, throw in mushrooms, spinach (really whatever you like), I personally put all of the above plus a can of rotel for spiciness , put in a casserole dish, top with some shredded cheese and parmesan. Bake at 350 until cheese is melted and browned slightly. It is a very satisfying lunch or supper and reheats well. You can figure out the exact carb count on Fitday (varies according to what you put in it). Sometimes I make a Taco Casserole, or I make a Veggie Lasagna Casserole with the lowest carb Pasta Sauce I can find. You get the picture. One casserole will definitely get you through a week of lunches. Plus you get your veggies in the meal.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:12

Plan: NHE
Stats: 135/133/140 Female 64"
BF:15%
Progress: -40%

today's meal for me is baby spinach with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette... with 2oz soft goat cheese and 4oz chicken.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 11:27

Stats: 280/235/165 Female 5'6
BF:2MUCH/2/SAY
Progress: 39%

I understand the first stages of lo-carbing can be a drag idea wise for food especailly for lunch.....Meatloaf is always a good idea.....make it on the weekend and freeze it for the week...you can eat it cold or hot...with salad or veggies....Don't give up just tap into your creative juices...you'll find there is a lo-carb world to discover!! Have fun on your way down!!!
Dee
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 09:29

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi

I make lunch for my SO, and here are some of the ideas I have come up with:

Salad, salad, salad. Put on chicken, pork kabobs, canned tuna/turkey/chicken/ salmon (with lots o' mayo) on top, plus avocado, and maybe seeds or nuts.

Cut veggies and dip (babaganouj)

Crustless quiche (nuke it)

Bunless burgers

Kabobs, can do homemade meat on a stick, maybe with green peppers, onions, or mushrooms.

Hope these help!

M
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 09:54

Plan: Healthy Balance (my own)
Stats: 220/192/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I usually have in the fridge at work: low carb yogurt, cans of tuna (I eat it out of the can), salami, cheddar cheese (Just tried a baby bell the first time..YUM!!) and in my desk drawer, beef jerky! At home I do salads, fried chicken (pork rind coating), chicken cauliflower pesto, or whatever I feel like. TONS of recipes on this site!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:00
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

You know what I love for lunch: Take a portabello mushroom cap, brush it with olive oil and broil in the oven for a few minutes. Take it out, top (gill side up) with pizza sauce and some mozzarella. Broil it until the cheese melts, then let it cool. I just reheat in the microwave the next day. And it's easy to make several of these at a time.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 10:02
Registered Member

Stats: 198/162/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 62%

I make lettuce wraps alot...I use grilled chicken, steak, chicken salad, (whatever) and wrap the meat, 2 or 3 raw asparagus spears, a bit of arugala, bacon crumbles,and mayo or ranch inside 2 big lettuce leafs. Also, a recipe I posted here for a chicken and brocolli bake is great either heated up or cold on a bed of lettuce. Quiche with salad is good too.