Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 15:05

Plan: atkins (kinda)
Stats: 196.6/188.1/150 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

well no movement on those scales this morning and my calories were up a little. i hope you have better news to share excarb and you're having a great weekend.

it's monday here today so this is my third week without drinking...go me!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 07:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/163.1/135 Female 5'2"
BF:don't know
Progress: 3%

Well hi,

Monday morning finally! It was horrible weather all weekend. I had to take my daughter and the dogs over to my friends house Saturday and Sunday because of the storms. (our basement was flooded so we could not go down there in the event of a tornado) We packed up and went there. The bad news is ..........................I had something to drink and I don't mean water. The good news is I still weigh the same, but feel majorly guilty. I went to the liquor store with my friend and found these Zima drinks. They were only 1.8 carbs each. 5% alchohol. I bought a six pack. They were really good though. I did eat clean all weekend. I even ate very few carbs to make up for the carbs in the drinks. So I didn't go over the carb limit. I realize now that my body will be trying to get rid of the booze first instead of burning fat, but those are the consequences I chose right?!

So back to the new challenge. I will be good and make it through the next 14 days, this time booze free, I don't want to have this guilty feeling again!

Stomach rolls, bulging over the jeans...................that's me!! It seems that is the hardest to get rid of.

Well I want to congratulate you on such a superb job on this challenge!
I Will not dwell on my little bobble and will continue on!
I have lots to record on fitday so I better get a move on!
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:26

BF:

hehe - never mind, we've both done really well so far anyway.

as for me, i'm sick of doing well and those scales practically stopped moving. last nite i was reading up on re-feeds and decided to give it a go today. last nite i had all these lovely foods planned to eat today but now that i've had breakfast of oats (porridge) and toast i'm quite full and don't feel like the other stuff i had planned.

that said i don't think it's wise do just do half a refeed and if going by past cheats is any indication then i've found that one small cheat has the same effect on me as an all day binge. the theory behind refeeds is to trick your body into losing again by pulling it out of the starvation mode. my calories have been quite low lately so i think a days boost might do the trick.

they say the danger with refeeding is getting the carb cravings back so i'll have to be extra vigilant and strong tomorrow. i fully expect a rise in water weight tomorrow but all going to plan i will lose that over the next week and hopefully a couple more pounds with it. fingers crossed!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 01:01

Plan: GI diet
Stats: 162/158/147 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hi again!

Early in the morning at work today, so time to post a little update.

BTW, I think both of you are doing stunningly well on the alcohol denial! I had a bit of a bad w/end that way myself (well, it was the end of my two weeks 'off'), as I was out with a supplier for dinner on Friday, and went to the cricket on Sunday... and it was so warm and sunny (for a change) that the wine just went down that much easier!

Weighed myself yesterday and was 2.5lb heavier - but is TOM as well, so hopefully it was more that than 'weight' - since I kept the food side well behaved.

Haven't yet dusted down the bike, but we have a Bank Holiday w/end looming, so I'll be sorting that out then. I just wish I lived somewhere a bit flatter!

Good luck for the rest of the week...

Cass
  #35   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 07:20

Logan,

I agree with you on the refeed, either go all the way or don't do it. I think you will see results if you say go from 950 cals to like 1,200 then back and forth (switching the amounts so that you never eat the same amount of calories for a week) I did this once for a week (long time ago) and really got results with it.

Cass,
looks like we both jumped on the same boat! Bad girls! lol I thought I was in the clear in the weight department, but that was a silly thought. Got on my scale this morning and I'm up 3 lbs. I am now chugging water like mad. I'm not changing my weight on my profile yet. I feel it will come back down. My TOM is on its way also.

yesterday I hardly ate anything, just some Chicken salad a couple bites of steak and a few asparagas spears.

well, Have a great day!!!!!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 14:41

BF:

good morning cass and excarbqueen

well i feel ill from indulging yesterday, too scared to face those scales for a few days and actually feel like i've got a hangover from eating all that food.

i think i'm just going to drink water and nibble salad or whatever will go down and curl up on the couch for the day.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 05:28

Logan,
sorry to hear you feel ill. I guess you did do the re-feed thing huh?
When you are feeling better let us know what you ate.

I had a lot of calories yesterday, and a lot of water. (I was starving for some reason) I ate clean though.

I wonder if that carbonated water is not good to drink. I love it, but just curious if I shouldn't drink so much of it.
There are no cals, carbs or anything in it. Just fizzy water.
Well I have to get some work done this morning.
Hope you feel better.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 14:57

BF:

good morning excarb

well i'm feeling a bit better this morning though my tummy still queazy. i couldn't help but see what the damage was yesterday, hopped on the scales last nite and found them up to 151.9 lbs

and this morning...149.6 . that's a hell of a gain but in some mucked up way it's better having those scales moving at least...even if it's coming down to where i was then not having the damn things move at all. i haven't lost or gain any inches so it's all good on that front.

will be keeping the food and calories to a minimum today and hopefully can shed these extra pounds by the end of the week.

#39   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:52

Wow that is scary. I'm sure they will go back down. Mine are up also, but I'm still waiting........and waiting.....lol
I didn't eat as much today as yesterday, but my calories were still up there. I seem to be so damn hungry these past couple of days. Probably just TOM.
well I had better get writing in my journel.
have a good evening?
  #40   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 01:53

Plan: GI diet
Stats: 162/158/147 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 27%

Hmph. Am feeling a little teed off myself. I was 156lb this time last week, went up to 158.5 after my w/end drinking at the cricket, and am down to 157lb now. Which is good, but at the same time, I never seem to be able to get past 156!
And I measured myself today to check and it seems like a couple of measurements were up (although I can never be too sure as I guess sometimes you pull the measure a little tighter than others!).
Am still doing only 20-25 carbs a day. Maybe this is the plateau people talk about and I should just keep plugging away, or maybe I need to progress to OWL and that will help break it?
Anyway, the bike is definitely coming out this w/end, so if that doesn't do it...

Hope you guys have a good day!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 06:53

I feel for you cass, my scales are going up, could be due to the fact that I'm overeating, but I think it is due to my drinking also.

I have learned in the pass (which sometimes makes me wonder about this woe) that even if I touch booze to my lips I gain weight. So, I question, do I have to be a non drinker for the rest of my life? The thought of it makes me very sad.
The past weekend has thrown me right out of ketosis and I have not been able to get back in. This morning I still weigh 149.

I am going to eat very little today and see what happens. I'm also going to drink regular water instead of the fizzy stuff I like.
We have a big holiday weekend this weekend. I have been invited to go to a "Greek Festival". I turned down the invitation. It seems if I'm not a homebody that I am too week and will drink with everybody else. So my weekend will consist (weather permitting) of planting more flowers and getting my patio furnature out.
I also just learned that my father just rented a house for the summer up on a big lake. Now how are you supposed to go boating on the lake without boat drinks? Just doesn't seem right. I'm sure going to have to gain much more willpower! I must keep my goal insight!

Logan, how is the scale today???

I have to plan my meals for the day.
Have a powerful day everyone!!
  #42   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 15:19

BF:

morning excarb and cassinog

well my scales were down another kilo today to 147.4 lbs. i've a feeling it will take me the rest of the week to hit my low again but as long as i do i won't (well will try not to..hehe) complain. i ate very little yesterday and have not alot planned for today either...i'm just not hungry. i'm also going to try grazing all day instead of 3 meals. to that end i've diced and mixed in a bowl:

1 boiled egg
1/2 Cup of chicken
1 stalk of celery
28 gms cottage cheese

i'm going to nibble on this through-out the day and probably have a fried egg or something for dinner. one way or another i'll get the d*mn &%#(*^% weight off!

as for excercises...haven't done much walking this week but have some planned this coming weekend...but reading through this site so many seem to work out and do cardio and weights 3 - 5 times a week and they're not losing any faster than us - so i'm not sure alot of excercise is all it's cracked up to be...

cass i had a little giggle at your description of measuring...i was measuring earlier this morning and my son kept saying..."pull it tighter" .... yeah right! i make sure i'm totally relaxed and my tummy is practically flopping on the floor when i measure...was down a tad today too so that's all good. i don't know about OWL but at this stage you just have to try these things and see how it goes.

excarb - i'm like you...absolutely zilch social life while i'm trying to loose, it's the only way i can keep focused. that said at the moment while i'm trying to save AND lose weight it doesn't bother me. i've done way more of my fair share of partying so it's past time to knuckle down for me anyway.

i don't think i'll never drink again...just would like to get down to goal and make sure whenever i do drink or gain a few pounds that i be extra vigilant afterwards and lose it again.

hang in there ladies...we'll get there.
  #43   ^
Old Fri, May-28-04, 19:26

BF:

scales down to 146.3 this morning.

thankfully that extra weight is going...hope it all goes though and doesn't take forever. hope you two are enjoying your long weekend.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, May-29-04, 15:17

BF:

ok, sunday here...saturday there...what mischief did you two get up to last nite...hmmmm???

i was so bored yesterday i wanted to have a few wines but didn't...then the kids had a nice pudding after dinner and i wanted some of that but didn't. thankfully i was rewarded on the scales this moringing by them going back to my 145.2 low so i'm lucky in that respect.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, May-30-04, 18:23

BF:

okie dokie...four weeks today without a drink, four weeks today at induction levels barr 4 cheats.

even yesterday i stuffed up and blew my carbs out of the water...but i'd also done a fair bit of excercise yesterday so the scales moved DOWN not up. new low weight is 144.9.