Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-01, 16:25

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 179/156/140
BF:
Progress: 59%
Question really confused why I have a loss on Fridays

Hey if anyone can help me with this question I will be forever grateful. For the past 3 Fridays of going out after work I have woken up each Saturday with a loss of 3 pounds then by the end of the weekend it is all back.

I follow the plan all week long (under 20 carbs, lots of water etc) on Friday evenings latley I have been going out with the gang after work for 2 beers. I drink the lite that has 3 carbs and I am including that in my 20. I eat a little more liberal than I normally do, possibly adding a few extra carbs or calories. I want to figure out what I am doing that is causing a loss, becasue other than that, I have basically been stuck at the same weight .

ANY IDEAS?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 07:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Could be the diuretic effect of alcohol. Alcohol will dehydrate you, so if you might just be losing a bunch of water weight between Friday night and Saturday and by Sunday your body has replenished its necessary water. Try not drinking alcohol next Friday and see what happens.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 07:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/154/130
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default allowable alcohol?

Are there any alcoholic beverages that one is allowed to partake in? I enjoy a drink now and then but have refrained since I started LCing? I'd be glad to hear any input on the subject----I'm supposed to be meeting some friends for cocktail hour later this evening. Thanks----~Ang~ P.S. I've lost 6 lbs so far in my first induction week!!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 07:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/197/150 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Gin and Tonic

I enjoy a drink now and then also. I try not to to offten but when I do I usually have a Gin and Diet Tonic this dosent seem to affect ne to much when I do it the problem is you cant find a place out that serves diet Tonic. So I usually just have a drink at home. Good luck. I'll be interrested to here other thoughts on this subject.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-01, 07:55

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/154/130
BF:
Progress: 20%

Susanjoyce-
Thanks so much for your reply!
What's the difference between diet and regular tonic? I thought tonic was just water with fizz? I'll be sure to take your advice and a bottle of diet tonic with me tonight!! ~Ang~