Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile Increased Fat Results

OK ... after a week and a half of upped fat here are the results.

Total down 3 lbs.
1 inch lost in waist
1/2 inch lost in hips

I fluctuated in weight during that time from down 5 lbs. back up 2 lbs. total by this morning.

I ate mostly between 1500 and 1800 cals (tho one day I did eat half that dip recipe from strictgirl and ate almost 2400 cals ... was sick all night tossing and turning from too much on my stomach ... idiot! ).

I am working out hard. At least 1.5 hours a day. On Saturday I worked out a total of 3 hours (riding my bike to and from work while pulling a carrier with my 45 lb daughter + carrier and stuff equals pulling about 70 lbs. up hill all the way to work ... UGH! Then followed with Pilates later) so that could account for the increase in weight with no increase in measurements. More muscles.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 08:48

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Thanks for the update and congrats on the 3lbs!!!!! I am trying to up my fat, but am having a very difficult time getting over 70%, but I figure that is better than the 60% I had before. I'll let everyone know how that goes.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 09:04

Plan: aktins
Stats: 244/220/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

i keep my fat at around 85-90 % most days and at over 3000 cals per day.....carbs at 16-20.... i am losing inches and have lost over 30lbs in the 30 days / today on this wol....lol i was at 213.5 this morning down from 244 30 days ago woohoooo.....i am never not full .... and some days have problems eating all i need to to get to 16-20 carbs....but i eat a bit more cream cheese or a tbs 1c peanut butter to put me up ...... and drinking at least 4ltr of water per day...
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 10:08

BF:

Sassy, that is incredible!! Congrats on your success!!! And I am like you. I usually end up with close to 85% fat. But I had to cut out peanut butter. It is a trigger food for me AND I think it is causing stalls for me (even the natural kind).

And I know what you mean about never being full. I have to remind myself to eat.

I decided that I am not going to care about the actual weight but on my measurements. I am weighing to track progress and just out of curiousity.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 13:06

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 239/235/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Who wants to know?
Progress: 4%

Hi Mssusthang

I did the same thing last week and lost 1 inch off waist and 3/4 inch off my hips in those 7 days. I still can't get over it.

I'm heavier than you and work out hard too so I hover on the 1800-2000 range and eat my food cooked in butter, coconut oil and olive oil. I also decided to cut back on the nuts this week too. In fact I'm back on Induction. My weight stayed exactly the same so the tape measre is my friend! If I don't want to add fat to my food I eat food that are high in fat all by themself. Ground beef, avocadoes, whipped cream etc.

What does your typical menu now look like?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 13:38

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

A great way to up the fat..........

Put olive oil on your steak prior to grilling, cut up mushrooms & put olive oil on them and cook them up...........

I also make a combo of cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream (just a little) and splenda. I put this in a container, have a few tablespoons first thing in the AM, and when I get home from the gym.

LL
  #7   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:27

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

another great way to up fat is to add 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream to 8 oz diet coke. I do that on days I don't feel like i'm getting enough fat and it brings it right up... tasts yummy too!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:30

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

Be careful of the diet coke, it has apartsme ( I always spell that wrong ) in it.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:39

Plan: aktins
Stats: 244/220/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

tx.... its hard some days to get my fat up but always add a couple tbsp of oil on my salad with my dressing... that always helps...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:58
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I'd suggest making creme fraiche from heavy cream and using it for sauces. It's glorious.

Here's how to make it:

Stir a tablespoon of sour cream or buttermilk into 1 cup of heavy cream. Let it sit on your counter until its almost the consistency of yogurt or sour cream. It should be a slightly tart taste to it, but not too sour. If your house gets too hot, this might not work well.

Anyway, I love to put it on hot veggies, strawberries, and you can use it to thicken sauces from pan drippings and so on.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:36
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

Ohhhh Nancy.. Thanks a bunch for posting that. It gave me some yummy ideas

Angel
  #12   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 15:46

BF:

Salad with basil and rosemary olive oil or mayo dressing (or both) with boiled egg and bacon YUM!

Dark deli turkey rollups with mayo.

Avocado/Macadamia nuts (raw no salt) for snacks

Any veggie fried in oil or butter. Melted butter is good on almost ANYTHING!!!

I LOVE beef or chicken fajita taco salad (no shell or beans) with extra guacamole.

Ceasar salad with chicken (I always add some olive oil).

Deviled eggs.

Tuna with mayo with lettuce, tomato.

Dip any veggie in basil or rosemary infused olive oil or melted butter.

I eat an occassional shake or bar and I cut the bar up and put it in 1/4 C heavy cream. Or I pour that much into a shake. Not only does it up the fat ... but makes it dreamy.

I have no problem finding what's fattening since I learned to avoid it for so many years.

Oh ... one thing I did notice. I cut back on cheese ... not really on purpose ... just with adding the fat to meat and veggies ... it ended up adding too many cals that way.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 08:20

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 188/173/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hey, I posted this somewhere else, but...I found a new (at least to me) item. Its nestle creme media (table creme) it comes in a can in the grocery section by evaporated milk and such. It has 4 fat grams per 1 tbsp. It says 0 carbs, but I count 1 per tbsp. since its a sort of cream. But it is great and so thick if you put it in the fridge for an hour or so. Sweeten it and add whatever....yummmm!