Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 21:46
Getting Healthy!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 213/169/166 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Chips Deluxe Carb Sensible Cookies by Keebler

Keebler's new low carb Chips Deluxe Carb Sensible cookies have just turned up in my local Super Target. There are three varieties: Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and Peanut Butter.

I bought the peanut butter. They are very good--the best low carb cookies that I've had! A box costs $3.50 and contains 10 individually wrapped cookies (which is good because it helps prevent over consumption and will be easy for packing lunches).

Each peanut butter cookie has 70 calories, with 3 g net carbs. Total carbs are 9 g, with 2 g fiber and 4 g of sugar alcohol (maltitol, lactitol, and polydextrose). They are also sweetened with splenda. I wish they didn't have maltitol, but 4 g total sugar alcohol per cookie is pretty low.

These taste so good that they could pass for regular (non-low carb) cookies.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/246/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 25%

I am weeping with happiness! Not only is the net carb count low but they are Keebler, sweetened with Splenda, individually wrapped, and not at all pricey!!!!!! If you were here I would kiss you. I miss cookies so much. I tried the Subway cookie at 7 net carbs and was so happy that it was awful b/c the carb count was so high. Of course, you know that this means that I will not sleep until these have reached my area...
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 19:39

Stats: 297/260/160 Female 5'7"
BF:53/52/25
Progress: 27%

how big are they? they sound good .. i'm gonna keep an eye out for them in my supermarket
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 19:49
Getting Healthy!

BF:

They're about the size of a regular Keebler Chips Deluxe cookie. Not big, but not small either. I don't have a cookie in front of me, but I'd say about 2 inches in diameter.

I looked for these today in Winn Dixie and Publix, but couldn't find them. So, I went back to SuperTarget and bought some more. (I'm going on a trip next week and thought they'd be good for a snack while traveling.) Yesterday, there was a big full display right at the entrance to the store. Today, it was almost empty. So, they are selling well. The display also had some new low carb snack bars by Quaker Oats--cranberry almond and chocolate peanut butter at about 3 g net carbs each (around 8 g carb total). I believe they were called Q-Smart bars. Plus, there was a new low carb apple juice and grape juice sweetened with splenda.

I've tried the chocolate chip Keebler Carb Sensible cookies now. They have 4 g net carbs. They remind me of Chips Ahoy cookies, although they are somewhat larger in size. Now, I'm diabetic and haven't had a Chips Ahoy in about 10 years, so this is just going by my memory of what I think a Chips Ahoy tastes like. Anyway, for store bought hard cookies, they were very good.

BTW, the other flavor, chocolate chocolate chip with pecans, has 2 g net carbs. I bought some, but haven't tasted those yet.

Last edited by CarolynC : Thu, May-20-04 at 22:45.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:18

Stats: 297/260/160 Female 5'7"
BF:53/52/25
Progress: 27%

all those things sound really good thanks for posting about them!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:39
Bigger than ever :(

Plan: Keto
Stats: 464/280/200 Male 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I tried the chocolate chocolate chip yesterday. I think that is what they are called. I really felt that they could pass for a non-LC cookie, but my wife thought they had an aftertaste. They were on sale at Wal Mart for $3.00. Also, they are bigger than 2 inches in diameter. Probably closer to 3 or 4.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:33
Getting Healthy!

BF:

I tried the chocolate chocolate chip at lunch today. It was OK, but is my least favorite of the three flavors. I'm not a fan of chocolate cookies, so I like the regular chocolate chip (which has a vanilla cookie) better.

I even measured the cookie. It's slightly over 2.5 inches in diameter. (So, in between what BBQman and I had previously estimated. )
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 16:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

The choclate chip are great - found them in my local shop rite - and like someone else said before, its nice that they are individually packaged, so they stay fresh, and help cut down on spluging! Plus they dont contain hydrogneated oils and sugar like the snackwell carbwell cookies
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 05:47

Plan: Atkins Wannabe
Stats: 260 ?/234/140 Female 63 Inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Yumm I really like the choc. choc. chip w/pecans!! Very normal feeling!! *grins*
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 19:25

BF:

I purchased both the regular chocolate chip and the peanut butter. I found the chocolate chip to be a lot like a Chips Ahoy, just like someone had already said. It was a welcome snack change as I have missed cookies very badly. I also tried the peanut butter today and was delighted with that as well. Nice chunks of peanuts and lots of PB flavor. It just made me wish I had some carb countdown milk on hand to dunk with. Maybe next time...anyhoo, I am also glad for the individual wrapping so as to cut the chances of eating them all so they won't go stale. I found them at Super Walmart for $3.00 a box.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 21:43
Getting Healthy!

BF:

I'm glad that you were able to find the cookies so soon, Miller205.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 22:11

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 280/276/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 3%

I tried the peanut butter ones and I loved them. So much in fact I ate most of the box... but I did enjoy each one
lol
  #13   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 11:24

Stats: 197/187/135 Female 5'4"
BF:Too much!
Progress: 16%

10 cookies for $3.50...am i the only one who thinks this is pricey? Unless they are the size of those pepperidge farm big 'homestyle' cookies..mmm mmm
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 18:43
Getting Healthy!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCabbit
10 cookies for $3.50...am i the only one who thinks this is pricey? Unless they are the size of those pepperidge farm big 'homestyle' cookies..mmm mmm

That's more than regular cookies, but cheaper than most low carb cookies--especially whose that are purchased over the internet (with shipping charges) or at health food stores.

Also, since low carbing, my idea of a serving of cookies has changed. I now consider one cookie to be a serving, which would be about 35 cents. Pre-low carb, I considered about 5 cookies to be a serving and even with cheaper "regular" cookies that would be more than 35 cents.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 19:44

BF:

CarolynC: I was surprised that I found the cookies so soon after your post as we are just getting the Tostitos/Doritos Edge products in my area. I also saw the Keebler Cookies at my local Tops market today. I was in the in store bank branch signing some papers to re-finance my mortgage and the display was in my line of sight. Lots of people were stopping to check them out. I can't wait to take some with me on vacation next weekend. It will keep me from cheating while I am staying at the Hampton Inn where they have fresh baked cookies nightly and the dreaded carb buffet in the morning.