Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 08:18

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Well batty.... we'll miss you! We'd love to have you as a cheerleader though.... any support helps, right? I hope you'll be ok.

Sue Barber.... Welcome to the forum...and also the thread. I'm pretty sure the team would love to have you if you'd like to take Batty's place. Congratulations on the 2 lb loss!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

Thanks. I would be glad to hang around and offer support. I enjoyed being part of the team and would like to help any way I can!

Yep. Everything will be fine.
  #138   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 10:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Cheerleaders are a good thing Batty! Welcome Sue as our newest member!

Orchid
  #139   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 11:07

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

gachic, we live in the same city!! hehehe exciting!
  #140   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 11:57

Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

welcome Sue and Batty please stop by an cheer and let us know your ok!! We'll expect you on our next big challenge!!
  #141   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 14:39

Stats: 350/322/170 Male 5ft 10 inches
BF:50.2/46.8/25
Progress: 16%

Batty I am sorry to see you go. Be sure to clean out your locker and hand in your keys to the lounge.
Sue welcome to our group. There are just a few rules you should be aware of:

1. I your humble group founder am not to be worshipped. Revered maybe, if you must, but my humble ego cannot abide outright worship.

2. All your Earthly belongings now belong to the group and you will transfer all of your monetary assets into my errr the group's swiss bank account.

3. During meetings you must not pass between the altar and me without first obtaining permission or as is necessary for the rituals.

ooooops wrong forum. That was suppossed to go under my "I need a Cult" thread that I am starting.

In all seriousness though, welcome to the group and best of luck in your journey.
BTW, tell us a bit about yourself.
  #142   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 15:15

916.5 - .5 = 916

Lost another .5 today, now at 200.5. Sloowly creeping to 199.
  #143   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 20:04
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 225/220/175 Female 5ft 4in
BF:Don't know
Progress:

Guess I should introduce myself, I'm Beckie I live in a small town in east Central Minnesota, about 70 miles from Mpls. I'm 54 years, married my high school sweetheart, 37 years ago, we have 5 kids three boy's two girls ranging in ages 35 thru 22 years.in Nov, we will be the proud grandparents of 9, I still can hardly believe it! I love this group, everyone cares about everyone and that is what it is all about! By the way I'm down 2#'s so I'm 198, never thought I would get below the 2's again.Really great meeting you all! Beckie
  #144   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 00:11

Stats: 350/322/170 Male 5ft 10 inches
BF:50.2/46.8/25
Progress: 16%

Okay, we have had some changes in membership it. If everyone that is still active will post something to let us all know so I can get an updated member list that would be great. I realize a lot people go away for the weekend and such so I will wait a week or so before compiling the current list to see if we have any slots available for others to join. I am really happy for everyone. You are all doing great things for yourselves and the people that love you. I also think it would be fun to start a weekly list. Someone can propose a topic each week to make list and we can all respond to it. So I will kick off this weeks list:

Things I look forward to when I am thin:

Riding roller coasters without standing in line and dreading the possibility of not fitting in the seat.

Shopping at real stores rather than Big Men's stores or catalogs.

Trying on the Fat Pants (one pair I am saving to compare to the new me)

Eating in booths at restaraunts

Wearing shorts

swimming (I don't swim now because I don't want to take my shirt off)

Happy Sunday everyone.
  #145   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 05:43

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Batty - take care and stop by often

Sue - Welcome!! Glad to have you a part of our team!

Beckie - woo-hoo 198!! WTG

Melissa - You Go Girl You'll be out of the 2s soon!

Thomas - *bowing down and kissing your ring* "All hail Cicero, supreme ruler of Team 1000"

For me this weight loss is mostly for health reasons. I am looking forward to pain free mobility so I can take hikes with my husband and kids. Having more energy in general so I can go all day doing whatever (shopping, gardening, cleaning, etc.) and not be wiped out. I am looking forward to getting off all medication (I am on diabetes and BP meds).

The scale says I have stayed the same this week and I am bummed but I guess I'll hope for a whoosh soon.

(((((Group hug))))))

Mary
  #146   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 06:19

Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Good Morning Everyone,

I guess there is a long list of things that I am looking forward to..

No Longer being the " Fat Girl who could be pretty if she just lost weight"

Not having to size up every chair I sit on wondering if I will break it or my butt will fit into it.

Being able to try on clothes at the store ( at this point I am too embarrassed to try them on there.. I just hold them up and see if they "look" like they'll fit. ( and not having to pay more for plus size clothing)

The look on my inlaws face when they see me...my mother in law actually asked my husband if he was sure he wanted to marry a big girl.

Being able to go anywhere and do anything without being self concious about my body ever again.

I probably wont weigh tomorrow by the way due to TOM....I think I will wait until next week to weigh if no body objects
  #147   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 06:33

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Shopping at my favorite stores

My family's reaction to my weight loss

No longer getting the compliment that I have a "pretty face"...I hate that compliment...it's like " the rest of me isn't pretty?"

Dancing for longer periods of time without getting tired

Being able to wear a cute bathing suit
  #148   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 06:44

Plan: Doing Atkins
Stats: // Female 159 cm
BF:too much
Progress: 3%
Default A bit about myself and a couple of questions

Ok thanks for accepting me into your fun group! I am 37 years old, I live in Australia. I notice that most of you are in America. What a long way away.
I am married and hope to begin a family sometime soon, buy not at this weight! I have heaps to loose, probably about 70 pounds. I started low-carbing just 4 weeks ago. I have lost 9 pounds all up. I keep forgetting to eat, the high fat/protein just fills me up so much. Does missing a meal stop you loosing? I have started Atkins and am doing induction, this is my 5th day. Also I am getting bored with the food. Does anyone know of some really low carb recipes, especially for breakfast, I just can't go the bacon and eggs anymore!
Thanks for having me onboard. Best wishes as I get to know you all
Sue
  #149   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 08:11
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

Thanks for the encouragement. Congratulations on the losses!

What I'm looking foward to most when I'm thin is being able to wear the "cute" clothes and not have to pay a fortune for them.
I also have PCOS, so I'm looking very foward to having regular cycles instead of maybe 3 or 4 a year.
I also want all the health benefits as well.
Oh, yeah. I would also like to go on rides with my son at the fair and not have to 'squeeze' into the safety bar on the seats.
  #150   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 19:19

Things to look forward to when I'm thin: (This is going to be long)

I'll be hot, so I can get all the guys. ;-)

Wearing shorts, definitely

Not worrying about whether the store's size 14 is too small. Right now I don't fit into 14s again yet, but I'm about to. But this was a problem I had when I was a 14. If I didn't fit into it, tough luck.

Also, not having to go to stores that extend their clothing sizes.. like Old Navy has 16s and 18s.. (I refuse to shop at plus size stores) I'm comfortable in almost all 16s, so I figure I'll be in the 14s in 15-20lbs or so.

So we can conclude: I can shop ANYWHERE I want.

There are several people that I was "friends" with in high school that looked down on me because I was bigger than them... Like they used me to make me feel better about themselves.. I'll call them up for lunch or something ;-)

Everyone will be proud of me being able to accomplish something like this.

Hopefully my success will inspire family members to lose weight.

Being able to pull off a lot more looks than before. Clothing-wise, hair-wise, sunglasses.. whatever. Anything.

People will pay more attention to me. Most people automatically assume that I'm not confident... because I'm overweight. They just assume that I have no self-confidence and I'm ignored a lot. I am quite confident in everything except my weight, which I'm fixing.

I can toss out all my big clothes.

I will be able to comfortably fit in all bath tubs.

Not being ashamed to say what size clothes I wear or how much I weigh.

More confident.. sexually.

People are nicer to thinner people. (I've noticed this as I've lost weight.. I get a much different response from people I don't know... much more positive)

I won't need to worry if people are judging me by my weight... like in job interviews and stuff. Since employers are more likely to hire thinner people.

Less back/foot pain.

Lower blood pressure.

More energy, more healthy.

And the big reason... The one thing that has haunted me and bothered me my entire life will be fixed. I will be much happier about myself because I won't have the "I'm so fat" thoughts nagging at me all the time.