Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 17:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 327/292/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 19%

missaec...way to go on the loss...you are making great progress...thanks for the info on the relacore..it seems to me that to many people are getting great results for it to be a "fake"...I am seriously thinking of getting it..I see that the other team has been introducting them selves to each other..how about if we all get to know each other a bit better....who wants to go first? ( I never volunteered in school either!!)
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 19:14

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Meee first!! I'm Melissa and I'm 20 years old. I'm going on my 4th year in college. I'm majoring in International Business, minoring in Marketing. Hmm... Je parle francais un peu.

I was engaged for a year and a half until recently.. some bad things went down... and we're no longer together. Though we still live together. It's a strange situation. I'm a cashier at a Super Target, however I'll be looking for another job soon because I really don't want to be at Target much longer.

Hobbies... I like art and drawing, web/graphic design, movies, music, reading, photography.. stuff like that.

I decided to start this WOE because I was beginning to have high blood pressure and heart palpitations which is bad for a 20 year old... Well bad for anyone, I guess. This time I didn't start it because I wanted specifically to lose weight, and this time I've stuck with it unlike any other diet before. I've found a lot more reasons to stick with it along the way and I'll be very excited when the day comes that I reach my goal weight.

I look forward to talking with all of you more in the coming days and months.
  #123   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 08:03
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 277.5/267/159 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks for all the relacore info, gang! I look forward to hearing more about the results you find.

About me - I'm 37, divorced and living in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul). I work as a business analyst consultant writing use cases and requirements but also taught some school in my past. Right now my 2 cats and I are the process of moving from an apartment to a house that I've rented, so I'm looking forward to gardening and settling into my new home! For interests, I spend time with friends and family, read, cook (still figuring out new ways to cook on this WOE), travel, fly kites, and get out in the woods when I can.

Lots more to share, but that's a start. Have a great weekend, gang, and keep up the great work!
  #124   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:34

BF:

Ok, here's all about me....I'm Tanya and I live in Hamilton Ohio which is right outside Cincinnati, I'm married to a great man named Chris ( for 7 years now) I have a son named Zachary who is 5 years old and the light in my life ( next to my DH) My career path has been a bit varied, I am an environmental engineer ( graduated from UNC) but never got a job in my field..instead started a gourmet coffee shop with my dad after college and did that until I met and married and moved to England with my husband ( he's british), we've been back in the states for about 5 years now and up until last year I was a stay at home mom and then I started selling some stuff we didnt need anymore on Ebay and lo and behold it turned into a business for me ( we sell handmade items for tea service, tea cozies, we also make handmade pillows, wall hangings and we sell vintage and replacement china and anything you might need to make tea, teapots, tea cups etc, my mom is my business partner by the way) I also take care of my grandmother who is 85 this year, I go over every morning and help her get a bath and get ready for the day so she can stay in her own home as long as possible. Hobbies..who has time for hobbies
Just joking, I love to garden..I guess I'm just a big kid because as long as my hands are dirty I am happy, grow way to many vegetables and flowers, I also like to sew and quilt and I admit I have a horrible weakness for garage sales..cant drive by one because I swear one day I am going to be on Antique Roadshow saying " I bought it for twenty five cents at a garage sale, who would have guessed it was worth 1.5 million dollars!!!!! I am not horribly into any sports but I have sworn that if I lose this weight I am going to learn to ski. We have 4 cats, 3 inside and one outside that was a stray that moved into our backyard and never left (after a year we gave up and named her) That about sums it up I suppose!!
  #125   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 13:11

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

It's great getting to know everyone

Tanya - I love the Antiques Road Show too! I buy and sell a little on Ebay myself.

OK, my name is Mary, I am 48 and am a special education teacher in central South Dakota. I have been teaching for 25 years and retirement looks better every year I am married (19 yrs) with 2 boys ages 16 and 13 (uugg 2 teens in the house!!) Today was the last day of school for the year!! I will be teaching summer school part time, but I have a few weeks off before that starts.
My hobbies are reading, computer graphics, and (OH NO!!) watching reality TV. My favorites are Survivor, BB, Amazing Race and Trading Spaces. I like to pump iron and listen to rock n roll. I have an identical twin sister too.

That's about it
Mary
  #126   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 13:31

BF:

Mary,

Coming from two parents who were teachers I have my hat off to you..I think it takes someone special to teach. I symathize about the teens, I think my 5 year old boy is bad enough but at least its not a teenage girl ( I couldnt handle the drama and the tears of a girl!!!)
  #127   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 19:17

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Another .5 gone.. at 201 now! 921 - .5 = 920.5
  #128   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 22:05

Stats: 350/322/170 Male 5ft 10 inches
BF:50.2/46.8/25
Progress: 16%

Okay here goes:
I am also a college student majoring in Political Science. I am graduating in August and going on to a Master of Behavioral Sciences in International Politics program and hopefully on to a PHD program after that. I grew up in El Paso, Texas and now attend school in Dayton, Ohio and live in Bowling Green, Ohio.
My hobbies are reading, model railroading, golf, swimming and bicycling. I also enjoy going to the movies, singing karaoke, dancing and traveling.
  #129   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 22:07

Stats: 350/322/170 Male 5ft 10 inches
BF:50.2/46.8/25
Progress: 16%

BTW, I am now at 326, so that is 920.5-2= 918.5

My stall is officially over.
  #130   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 04:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

WTG Melissa and Thomas!!

Tanya - hey thanks Yeah, teenage girls are usually worse than boys, I agree about the drama! I really wanted a girl but now that they are teens I'm glad they are boys. They are good kids too Enjoy your son at this age, they grow up too fast!
  #131   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 04:55

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

I'm glad to see we're getting to know each other. Good idea!

My name is Whitney. I'm 18 and from Kennesaw, Georgia...right outside Atlanta. I plan to attend Wesleyan College for political science/ pre-law. My hobbies are writing, reading, guitar, dancing, swimming, music, and anything that gives me a rush... a daredevil at heart I guess. I'm currently single with no kids.

I started this WOE a while back but I fell off and gained all the weight back PLUS more. I restarted April 8th of this year and I'm loving it. I have already had great results and I have no desire to change my WOE now. Well I guess that's about it.

Congrats Cicero on your 2 lb loss....800 is getting closer and closer.
  #132   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 04:59

BF:

Hey Whitney,

I used to live in Douglasville ( about 12 years ago) and I still miss it once in awhile ( mostly when I am butt deep in snow)
  #133   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 05:42

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Congratulations Missy and Thomas! Look at us go! I will weigh in Monday morning and I am sure hoping I had a great week.

My name is Cindi and I am 47. I am from Colorado originally but now live in Florida. I have two adult daughters, 26 and 30. Yes it's true, I had my first baby when I was 16. I have three beautiful little Grandsons.

I worked in the Domestic Violence field for 18 years and still feel very committed to that work although I retired and was tired! I started my own grantwriting consulting firm and now I work for myself from home. I love the freedom and flexibility but it can get a little lonely.

I grow orchids, collect deviled eggplates, love to travel especially to the beach, read, and really like to live life to the fullest! I love Survivor and Amazing Race. We have two cats (brothers), fish, and a cockatoo parrot. I love all animals. I have been hiking all over and joined the local hiking club. I love the outdoors and nature.

It is great fun getting to know my fellow team members. Let's shrink that number!

Orchid
  #134   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 05:45
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 261/220/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:62%/50%/25%
Progress: 34%

Hey everyone. It's been a very hectic week. I did weigh Monday morning with no change, so no help toward that 800 this time.

I also had a question for you guys. It looks like I'll be off losing for a few months and was wondering if there was someone who would like to take my place on the team. I don't want to leave you all, but I'll not be any help for a while (other than as a cheerleader!).
  #135   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 06:03

Plan: Doing Atkins
Stats: // Female 159 cm
BF:too much
Progress: 3%

Hi, I'm really new at this. This is only my second post. Can I take batty's place, I've lost 2 pounds in the last week, therefore 918.5 less 2 = 916.5? Someone let me know if this is ok 'cause I'm still getting used to these screens and I'm not sure if I am reading this right.
Sue