Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 18:50
Circling...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/222/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 10%

LOL at the above!

Hi irisda !!! Welcome to our secret club!

Hey nw - the ratio is getting better and better for you! LOL!

My week has sucked....... (thought I should throw in something LC related here.)

See ya Friday!

Gypsy
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 22:15

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

I didn't know if it was too late to join the club, but since someone did yesterday I guess I can too!

I'm at 188 as of the 17th. I only weigh in every 2 weeks so the next one will be on the 31st.

I will post my goals for exercise and check in w/ that stuff even on the weeks i don't weigh in.

This week's goal.. walk 2+ miles per day.
Next week's goal incorporate 2 or 3 mins of jogging into my walking schedual.

food goals, eat more calories by meal planning.
I've not been hungry, if I have food I can eat it easily, but if I don't it's easy not to eat.. so I want to try to get 1300-1500 in a day, and some days i've been as low as 950 which I know is bad.

Will be back soon... happy LCing everyone!

Carina
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 06:37

Plan: Atkins+coffee
Stats: 290/185/180 Male 71 inches
BF:Yes, it is.
Progress: 95%

Carina8 Welcome to the club! It's certainly not too late to join. Heck, we aren't too strict, we will except members up to the 3rd of july.

--nw
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-20-04, 09:28
Registered Member

Stats: 237/196/199 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Why not? My July 4th goal is going to be 215. I am at about 227 right now, and had started at 237 a little over three weeks ago. I guess I qualify for the challange now, I am single, but will be getting married in October...so this is helping me get slimmer for those wedding pictures that will be floating around the family homes for years...at least in twenty years I can be embarassed about my clothes or haircut instead of how much I weighed.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 09:31

Bluefire9 Welcome to the club! Congrats on the impending wedding.

It's friday everyone, time to check in. I had a good week sticking to the diet, No cheats, And no frankenfood. I did wind up missing dinner last night, due to flight delays (ugh) and there was no way I was gonna cheat with airline food. I did manage to hit the hotel pool twice this week, doing about 15min of laps each time, so I got a little exercise in, and a 25 mile bike ride last weekend.

Anyway, this morning I woke up at 221, a pound lighter than last time I weighed in on monday, and a fantastic 4lbs lighter than this time last week!

Have a great weekend everyone

--nw
  #21   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 11:26

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

Hiya!

Welcome Irisda, Carina8 and Bluefire9! Woo Hoo Ok, now we got a little challenge going See what happens when we don't tell anyone about our little club.... word is on the street and they'll lining up to get in

I forgot to get on the scale this am And I won't be able to post tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I've stayed the same or lost a little. Clothes are fitting better and I did increase my workout activity! 3 full laps at curves 3 x (used to go 2.5) a week and 1 hour cardio 2x a week. I can tell the difference. My abs are not so happy right now, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

Well I am off to Italia on Sunday I will miss you guys til I get back on June 3rd! Take care and I promise to not eat any pasta until the last day of my trip! And heck by then I may just pass it up anyhow! My goal for the trip is to drink enough water to stay hydrated (more than 75 oz a day), exercise daily (should get in plenty of walking) and to stay lc while in Italy! Wish me luck!

Ciao!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 15:20

Plan: CAD,calorie deficit
Stats: 303/277.8/160 Female 66 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 18%
Cool

Hi Everyone,

I would love to join your challenge. I would like to lose 3 pounds this week, and start weighing myself only a couple times a week. I started CAD alittle over a week ago and I find myself weighing every morning. The problem is I can change the scales if I lean forward or have my foot to far in or out.....Has anyone gotten off the scale and back on 3 or more times because it read different each? lol. This is suppose to be a fairly good scale too lol.
I suppose this is the week to make myself start to sweat alittle too.....as much as I hate to lol. OK, OK I will exercise at least 3 times this week. Have a great weekend, Tammy
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 10:04

Tammy Welcome to the club! I know what you mean about the scale... Mine does the same thing. Also can change depending on where I place my feet. I generally try and stand in the same spot, keeping my back strait, and use that every time I weigh in.

CindyG You lucky dog! Have a blast in Italy. It's been years since I've been there, and I had a great time. Pasta is really treated as a side dish, not as the basis of the meal so you shouldn't have much trouble avoiding it.

Everyone Else I didn't see many check in, don't be bashful.

--nw
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 12:13

In an effort to get the conversation rolling in here (you would think the singles would be more social)...

I just realized I'm 5lbs away from hitting the 75 pound mark. I think that is reason to celebrate. There is a good chance I will hit this during the challenge, so I'm asking, what should I do to celebrate?

The only restriction is that I don't want to gain any back during the celebration.

--nw
  #25   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 19:27
Circling...

BF:

Wow nowonder - 75 pounds!!!! Holy crap.... that's an 8 year old! As for celebrating..... well....... how about a weekend trip? Like to the beach or something? Then you can strut looking skinny in trunks. That's what I would do. Or..... is there some frivolous item that you've talked yourself out of buying in the past? Buy it now!

Cheers,
Gypsy
  #26   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 20:28

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

Checking in!!

I don't weigh in til May 31st (I used to be a scale slave, so i'm going only getting on the scale every other week._
But I did good for a few days with keeping my calories and fat up. Today I did good w/ my ratio's per fitday, but my calories are low again 1075 today.

I've gotten in more exercise than I could have imagined... because I moved my grandma from her 2 bdroom apt to a 1 bdroom apt. The hall from the old one is 65 yards!!! and I walked it at least 15 round trips carring, pushing or pulling heavy loads!

NoWonder!! excellent progress 75 down!! To celebrate, I'd say endulge in your favorite outdoor activity, the ones you usually don't want to do because you have to fork a lil cash for. Like horseback riding, camping, kayaking, white water rafting, bungee jumping... those are the adventures I will treat myself to every 25lbs!!! and then again at goal (weather permitting).
That way you get to celebrate and keep the weight off!

Cindy thanks for the welcome!

Tjec, glad to see you joined! it's gonna be fun!!

hi tammy & gypsy!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 20:44
Circling...

BF:

Hi Carina8 I don't think I properly welcomed you! I seem to be just along for the ride and I'm not weighing myself either. I had also become a slave to the scale so I put it away for a month. And moving definitely counts as exercise. I've moved a whole bunch of times and I know it's a work out!
The outdoor activities are a great idea for a reward! NW - didn't you mention kayaking a while ago?

Bluefire9 - welcome! You're doing great with your loss so far!!!

tjec1959 - How's the sweating? LOL! I agree with your sweating sentiments! I hate it as well!

Cheers,
Gypsy
  #28   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 22:30

Stats: 275/269.5/155 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up I'm in

I just restarted Atkins on May15th and have lost 6 pounds since then. I weigh on Saturday, so that's when I'll be sure to post.

My goals for this challenge are:

1) Exercise every day!

and

2) Be cheat-free for the entire challenge!

Kathy
  #29   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 03:10

Kathy Welcome to the program! Good luck with going cheat free for induction. The first three weeks were by far the hardest for me, if you can make it through cheat free you will be in great shape.

Gypsy & Carina8 I have talked about trying Kayaking in the past, that sounds like a great idea. Now I just gotta find a place to do it that will fit into my schedule, and preferably someone to go with me because stuff like that is always more fun with someone else.

Have a great week Everyone.

--nw
  #30   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 19:41

Plan: CAD,calorie deficit
Stats: 303/277.8/160 Female 66 inches
BF:49%
Progress: 18%
Thumbs up

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is getting off to a good start this week.

Wow nowonder, 75# is a great reason to celebrate, definitely do something really fun for you. I am buying myself something I want for every 10# I lose, I told my SO that I think it would be more fun for me if he bought me something I wanted for each 10# I lost though, lol. I think we are going to end up with a little challenge with each other with that idea.

Well gypsy, about that sweating thing, I have been really busy, it has been raining so much here, and I have been working lots of hours, I think you can see where this is going....excuses, excuses...lol...I need to get my butt moving...good thing it is still early in the week.

Carina and Kathy, sounds like you guys are off to a great start on this challenge. I might have to come exercise with you lol...take care, Tammy