Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 12:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Daily Menu Thread, Thursday, November 29

I hope essjay doesn't mind that I've started this today. A few more people have started posting menus and I'd humbly ask you to continue, especially (but not only) people who have been on this WOE for awhile and have mastered the basics and are being more imaginative than we newbies often are. It is extremely helpful to see other menus, and nice to have them all in one place.

My very unimaginative menu today is (Planned):

Meal 1 -- 4 slices bacon

Meal 2 -- 6 slices salami

Meal 3 -- hamburger with cheese

Meal 4 -- chicken thighs with some sort of vegetable
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 15:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hey Alto and thanks for posting your menu. One thing that jumps out at me is that 1st I dont think U consuming enough food LOL [ya i know its hard to believe ya may need to eat MORE.] Second thing is IF U arent losing weight or inches I would increas the carbs per day by adding in another veggie. Hope U dont mind me accessing your menu.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 15:41

Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default New introductions to the same old same old

Lunch and mid afternoon snack:
1 can canned salmon mixed with Miracle Whip. Is quick, easy and helps to add more fat. Also a nice change from chicken and beef

The most significant find of the last 27 days- Karen's egg drop soup. For those who know me, I'm a huge home made soup lover. It's my comfort food. 27 days without soup has not been fun! Just made up a batch and it is really yummy. Even better than my grandma's http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe029.html

Egg drop soup was LC before LC was invented. The moral of the story is take a look at the things you used to eat before. You might find a goodie that has always been LC.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 15:49

Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks, Angela, for posting your menu. I agree with you about trying to find past meals that are low carb. I have two cookbooks from the '70s, before Fat was a Fiend (the New York Times cookbooks) that have dozens of "main dish" meat recipes -- beef stroganoff, for one -- that are perfectly wonderfully low carb.

Thanks, gwilson38. I don't mind having a menu critiqued. So far I'm doing well though -- losing at 3 pounds a week, so I'm not looking to make changes (and since I didn't list amounts, it's hard to tell how much I'm eating). But I think the purpose of these daily menu threads, which essjay started a couple of weeks ago, wasn't to post menus for critiquing, but to share menu ideas -- please post yours!

Last edited by alto : Thu, Nov-29-01 at 16:11.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 18:07

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Today was a bad day for me. My puter got a virus and I forgot to eat lunch until around 4pm when I stood up and nearly hit the floor from lack of food.

Breakfast:
3 egg omelette with smoked sausage and cheese

Lunch:
ummmm forgot to eat :/

Dinner:
meatballs in mushroom soup with more mushrooms thrown in
yellow and zucchini squash sliced up and seasoned with garlic, basil, pepper and butter (microwaved for 4 mins)
chocolate fluff thing
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 14:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

I dont have a real big imagination with food however I get full and thats what counts..lol Yesterday for breaky I had canned turkey with 2 tble spoons of mayo. Lunch was 8 pieces of bacon and 1 cup spagetti squash. supper was 4 pieces of spanish chicken made with canned tomatoes, salsa and chili powder, and bruseels sprouts. I didnt eat many of the tomatoes. Snack was 3 bolied eggs. Today I had garlic sausage and cucumbers for break. Lunch was 8 pieces of bacon, 1 kiwi fruit with cream. Supper will be chicken ceasar sald and snack will be nuts.