Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 13:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300.5/299.5/180 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 1%
Post Jumping in with both feet....

I am going to quit smoking too. I figured if I am no longer going to allow myself to be ruled by food, why should I be ruled by cigarettes. I was a half hearted smoker anyway, so I am just going to be done with them.

This is day 9 of my Atkins induction. As I think I said before I have done Atkins in the past (also halfheartedly), but this time is different. I have NO appetite and NO cravings. People around me eating cake and ice cream...I don't care. French fries....I don't care. Such an odd feeling. I don't even care about eating one way or the other. I don't obsess about when the next time I eat will be, and I don't daydream about it. In fact I have to MAKE myself eat.

I read the thread about starvation mode and it almost put me into a panic. I have been keeping track of what I have been putting into my mouth in fitday and saw that if I ate only when hungry and stopped when full that I hit about 800-1000 calories. So I have been trying to throw in a thing or two to bring the calories up enough. I have heard your not supposed to have the Atkins shakes on induction but it's the only thing I can get down my throat in the morning, so that is what I use for breakfast. The last thing I want to do is have my body think it is starving.

I am glad that I am not the only one with the no appetite issue. It was starting to worry me. But I won't worry about it. I will just make myself eat three times a day.

Cathy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 13:18

Plan: LC BFL
Stats: 279/155/135 Female 5'5
BF:39/24/<20
Progress: 86%

good for you! i need to quit smoking too, but was too scared to do both at once for fear of putting too much on my plate and failing because i was overwhelmed. so, that will have to wait a bit. i still daydream and obsess over food, im jealous of you in that category, but i guess its better that i daydream and obsess over veggies versus chips and french fries you really sound like you're committed- thats GREAT. congrats, good luck, & welcome!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 372/342/185 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 16%

i quit smoking and then about two months later got into atkins hardcore. it was not possible for me to do both at the same time - i would have killed somebody. i will say, however, that quitting smoking showed me that i could do anything (like quitting the sugar and flour!)....best of luck to you!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 10:44

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

On page 200 of the Atkins Essential book Day 9 of the induction twoweek meal plan there is Atkins Advantage Ready to Drink Chocolate Delight Shake listed for a snack. So whereever you heard you could not drink them on induction was wrong drink, and enjoy guilt free. Best wishes on all you are attemptoing to do.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 11:14

Plan: Whole30
Stats: 300/269.2/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 31%

"I don't obsess about when the next time I eat will be, and I don't daydream about it. In fact I have to MAKE myself eat."

Good for you Cathy. I wish I could stop obsessing about the next time I eat...can't seem to stop yet. I don't have cravings anymore, but I just think about what I'm going to eat for lunch, dinner, snack, etc.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 12:46
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqvaluqtuq
this time is different. I have NO appetite and NO cravings. People around me eating cake and ice cream...I don't care. French fries....I don't care. Such an odd feeling.

Wow, I thought I was the weird one when it happened to me! Me? Give up a baked potato? french fries? birthday cake? buttered biscuits? Never! But it's true, I do it now and it doesn't even bother me. The one time since I went low carb that I said "oh what the heck" and took a bite out of a yeast roll at a restaurant, I discreetly got it out of my mouth and into a napkin. It tasted HORRIBLE!! Blyeck!

I had to program my mind to see flour and sugar and potatoes and rice as deadly things to my body. And I honestly believe they would have been the death of me had I not stopped eating them like I used to.

Good luck to you!