Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 12:44

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default Convinced Not Everyone Loses On Lc

4 Weeks Ago I Tried On A Top, Too Tight, Tried It Agian Today, Not A Milimeter Of Differance, This Is Such Bs
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 12:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/154/125 Female 5ft. 3in.
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Try something new...

Maybe you should try something new, like going back on induction, new exercise routine, or something different.......
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 12:59

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

I Am On Induction, Never Left It, Except For The Modifications I Started 10 Days Ago, Which At First Got Me A Whoosh, Nothing Since,

I Dont Know That This Is A Diet That Works Regardless, I Just Dnt Think So.

I Had Many Problems Losing The Forst Time Around Too, Although I Did Lose, And Im Now 2 Months On This And I Doubt If I Have Lost More That 15 Lbs At Most, And A Couple Of Inces Maybe In My Waist,

I Dont Eat Frankenfood, I Drink Tons Of Water, It Simply Does Not
Work For Me, Time To Go Back On Low Fat/low Calorie, At Least I Will Lose On That Plan.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 12:59

Plan: Jenny Craig
Stats: 240.4/194/165 Female 5'6" - large frame
BF:soft/round/cuddly
Progress: 62%

I couldn't help but to notice that you've lost 29 lbs so far. Is that part of the BS that you're talking about or a freak occurance? I'm not being mean, I'm just saying....don't be so hard on yourself (easy for someone else to say, I know), but it's true. You're doing a great job, and true some days are crappy and some are happy but the crappy days don't stay forever and maybe today is just a crappy day. You may want to try changing some things up now that you've been into Atkins for a while. If you eat lc foods, cut them out. If you're going low cal, up the cals with fats and protiens. If you're doing one kind of excercise, do another.......if you're doing none, start some.

Keep your head up......I have complete and total faith in you. Don't let the crappy days ruin all your hard work.....and if this is a wol you have the rest of your life to lose those last pounds and common sense tells us, they will come off, oftentimes it's just not as soon as we'd like it to.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 13:03
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Why not try low cal, low carb? I like it better than low-cal/low-fat because I'm not nearly as hungry and the food is better and I don't have the blood sugar issues.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 13:05
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Stallqueen,

If you mean that not everyone will lose weight just because they are eating "low carb", you are probably right. I am sorry you are frustrated! There are lots of different ways to eat low carb though. "Low carb" is kind of a vague term, in and of itself. I hope you can find the plan that works for you.

Liz
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 16:09
Registered Member

Stats: 206.8/185.3/135 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 30%

I wish I had lost as much as you did. I have been on lc for 2 1/2 month and lost 10 pounds. I still love this program and decided that I will keep trying until it happens.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 16:29

Stats: 335/203/190 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Low cal/low carb seems to be doing a great deal for me. Especially when I start to stall
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 20:27

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well you have been low carb'in for a year according to your profile, but I've been around for over a year and remember you had a real hard time staying with the plan on many occasions, so maybe it is time to try something different.

Good Luck Kathy
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:39

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

If staying at Induction levels isn't resulting in weight loss for you, perhaps it's time to do what the book says: increase your carbs.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:04

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

15lbs in 2 months??? thats about 1.8lbs a week. that is average, that is a healthy rate of loss??? i may be missing something, but i was happy when i lost at that rate.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/133/119 Female 5'3"
BF:?/34%/?
Progress: 50%

you ARE seeing great results, if you are looking for a quick fix then this plan probably isn't for you. Maybe you should increase carbs and begin OWL, thats when it really started rolling for me...........remember this is a WOL and you shouldn't expect miracles but I still say if you follow the plan, the weight WILL come off.
Hang in there and celebrate the great loss you have had!!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 10:46

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Progress: 82%

Regarding the top -

I happen to be losing other places, and my tops still fit the same as before, as well. I think it is my body configuration - I have broad back and broad shoulders.

I am celebrating the other differences, as perhaps you should, as well. You have made great strides and accomplished much.

I have to ask -

Do you do a weight training routine that has developed muscles in your upper body, perhaps? In that case, you may not expect significant changes, just toning.

Sign up at mybodycomp.com and put in your measurements, too. That may help keep you motivated.