Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 329/275/146 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Low carb cheese cake during induction???

Hi there,
I have been on induction for 8months. I recently found out that a cake shop in my area offers the tastiest low carb cheese cake (6 gm of carbs). I have already indulged once.
Is it ok to have low carb cheesecake and brownies once in a while, or am I setting myself up for a fall. I still have a lot of weight to lose, and would not want to compromise my progress.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:36
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

The one thing I have discovered while on this site, is that everyone and every body is different. You may very well indulge occasionaly and have no ill effects. Then again, some folks aren't so lucky and do have problems. Just remember, "moderation in all things".
In your before LC life, you wouldn't go out and buy a birthday cake and eat some every day just for a treat would you? The same applies to the LC treats. The point of LCing is to return to healthy eating and whole foods.

However, having said that, if it is your birthday or another special occasion and eating the LC Cheesecake/brownies keeps you from eating the non LC version, than I say go for it! And Enjoy it!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 09:43

Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

I think whatever keeps you on this WOE and doesn't stall you should be fine. I personally eat something sweet every night. Its always LC (I always make it myself so its not a franken food) and it doesn't stall me. My only downfall is if I make a whole LC cheesecake, can't do that very often or I most definately will eat more than I should.

Good luck
Jenny
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 13:41
Out of service...

Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Every person is different... I'm with Jenny, I eat something sweet but definitely lc very often.
But, I'm also in this for the long haul and am not discouraged by slow numbers. Also, I'm not having problems with major cravings, so you have to see how things are working for you.
My dh has been endulging in the lc ice cream lately, and was telling me that he felt like he should stop eating it the other day, and I told him that even on the most absolute pig out day of low carb treats, we're still only having a fraction of the amount of carbs we would've had on a normal day before low carb. It's all in how you look at it, and whether or not you think it will make the cravings come back... for me, I wouldn't even sneak one french fry, because that would be my downfall. But lc cheesecake every night for a few days... no problem.

Jenn
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 13:46
Registered Member

Stats: 140/131/105 Female 2.8 MM
BF:23%
Progress: 26%

I think that is what the LC treats are made for... people on LC diets. But be careful with them! Everyone's body is different.