Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251/172/135 Female 5'7
BF:48/31/18
Progress: 68%
Exclamation Please I need support

I had been doing so well on atkins for over a year, with a weight loss of around 79lbs. That all changed however whenh one day I cheated, on pasta and french fries, and could not stop!!! It has been like about a month now, and though I have only gained 5lbs back, I really need help jumping back into it, and putting myself back on STRICT induction.

Any Support or advice anyone can offer would be more than appreciated. Thank you all so much in advance, and congratulations on everyones success!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 12:39
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome back. Off the top of my head...

- keep posting here, and/or consider starting a journal.
- surf the Media, General Health and Success Stories area to remind yourself of the good things that come out of LCing.
- re-read the book.
- rid your kitchen of all non-LC foods.
- go shopping for your favorite induction foods.
- spend some "quality kitchen time" mentally preparing yourself: boil some eggs, chop some veggies, prepare a meal that you can quickly reheat for lunch, etc.
- focus on getting the carb cravings under control again. Don't get caught up worring about fat and calories. You can adjust that once you're back on track with OWL.
- think about what it is specifically that's stopping you. Stress? Loss of motivation? No support from family, etc? Try to find solutions to your roadblocks.

Keep us posted!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 12:40

Stats: 175/138/135 Female 5'7"
BF:I did it!
Progress: 93%

Think of your answer to this question, "If somebody paid you a million dollars, could you go back and stick with strict induction until you lost as much as you needed to?" Unless you're a millionaire already, your answer is probably "YES!" So--the problem is not that you are unable to do it, it's just that you lack incentive. The willpower is there--you did it before--you can do it again. I think we need a "Twelve-Step Program for Recoving Carbaholics"
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 12:53
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

You've taken the first step by recognizing that you need to stop!! WTG!! You CAN do this! Kristine gave you some excellent ideas, and I second the advice on starting a journal. It has been an invaluble source of support for me during this journey.

Best of luck to you!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 12:54

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

Thank goodness for this forum (and for your honesty, Issabme) because I know how easy it is to "fall off the wagon".
Forgive yourself, follow Kristine's advice, and get back on that wagon. You can do it! We believe in you.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:20

Stats: 225/194/130 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Get back on the wagon or you are going to continue to pack the pounds back on. It won't take long to gain it all back and you will probably have a 10 or 20 lb bonus waiting at the end like I always have done.

KILL THE MONSTER WHEN IT'S LITTLE! You can slay this dragon!
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:20
Registered Member

Stats: 251/172/135 Female 5'7
BF:48/31/18
Progress: 68%

You all are so great, thank you for all of your great support and motivation!!!!! Everyone on this forum is becoming like my 2nd family, and I am so greatful for all of your input.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:23
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Have fun redoing induction, and remember, just take it one day at a time. Sooner or later it will get easier! Good luck to you!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:24

Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%

I agree with the rest. It shows that you want so badly to get back on track and that is what you need the most, the desire to do it. I also recomend fitday.com. I just started my fitday and OMG it is the coolest ever! I realized to meet my goal I only need to lose 2lbs a week. I have been losing 4 to 5!!! Good news yeah! I know you can do it if I can.

Also look in to challanges. A lil bit of comp. will get ya motivated as well!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:42

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 240/224/199 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 39%

Just stick in there! If you have one hard day think of it as a small sacrifice to get what you want. And that's great you've only gained 5 lbs. I can gain that much in one weekend of cheating. So that's a good thing. Just remember how great it feels to do something for you! That's enough to keep me motivated
  #11   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:42

Stats: 226/156/125 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 69%

If I'm ever tempted to cheat, all I do is think of what the people in this forum would say. It's like a cheering squad in my head! And how proud I would be to not cheat and be able to say I resisted!

I'm off to a pizza party tomorrow and I'm not going to cheat!! So now that I've said that, I would feel extra guilty if I did and had to report to you guys!

Hang in there!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:46

Plan: LC
Stats: 200/000/000 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 100%

......go back slowely...that what I do sometimes...this help me more to back to LC eating...and dont give up......slowely and shurly you will get... where ever you want to be !!!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 21:28
Registered Member

Stats: 206/199/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%

You have been doing so good and will again! Just stay here. I find there is lots of support which we all need. Keep reminding your self that there are people here that really care. You can be on your way to that goal with new Induction...Go for it!!!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 01:47
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

I have been there. I was still there a week ago-this time for five long months of stress, school, work, life...etc. Every day I had intentions of going back on plan, and I couldn't get past the temptations I found at work, but home was no problem. I finally took my weekend plus two sick days in order to start Induction in a controlled environment. I am now in deep Ketosis and lost 7 pounds this week. I provided the chocolate cake for a friends birthday today and wasn't even interested in a taste. Ketosis leaves me in a wonderful state-it just took me some time to get there. All told, for my 5 month hiatus, I regained 10 pounds-and satisfied a lot of carb cravings. It feels really good to be back on track. Give yourself some time, if possible, away from your distractions and temptations and get back on track. You already know what to do, make the conditions right for sucess.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 03:07

Plan: atkins (kinda)
Stats: 196.6/188.1/150 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 18%

can't agree enough with kristine about making sure you have all your favourite induction foods in store at home.

i was much like you...lost a lot of weight and then went off the wagon for awhile and gained weight back. i started induction again last monday, did fine but struggled with not having enough of the right foods. but i've done a huge shop this week and my carb cravings are going.

i'm also looking for support and buddies for any of us doing a re-induction (as i call it ) so i'd love you to join me if you like. I've set it up as a two week challenge in the *challenges* forum.

Logan ~