Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 16:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

Quote:
I also use cocoa butter religiously which is used not only to soften skin but is a widely accepted cure for stretch marks and scars

I didn't think anything cured stretch marks and scars other than maybe laser surgery.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I also use the Queen Helene stuff. It smells great! They also have a Mango Cocoa Butter lotion, and that one is my favorite. The regular cocoa butter also smells good, a little beachy. I used that one ever since high school. Great stuff.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 08:51
Italian Princess

Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrlyGrl
I would love to try this but I am afraid of smelling like cocoa butter at work. Does the Queen Helene have a strong scent?

Not at all...it's scent dissipates very quickly.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 10:53

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

I'd never tried this dry brushing thing, but I did it this morning and it felt great! Kind of wakes you up & all, and I'm sure my skin will be glowing in no time!

LL
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 13:39

Stats: 208/200/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

I too have some ideas to add for the skin flabbiness. Unfortunately, they cost some money and time. I agree with all that has been posted here and would add this - facials and massages! I know some of us are too self-conscious to get whole body massages, but if you could treat yourself to at least one per month during the time you are losing weight, I think it would also add to pulling toxins from the body, increasing circulation, and just the massaging of the skin may help it improve its elasticity. Same with the facials. I have no scientific evidence of any of this. Also very expensive, the last time I lost over 50 lbs. I went to a local salon that offered sea clay wraps - they spread a sea clay over your body and then wrap you really tight like a mummy, and then some will add heat. It draws toxins from your body, makes your skin smooth, and supposedly tightens the skin. If you are losing weight and continue to lose weight, it helps with losing inches. My thought process was that doing this would help me tighten my skin along my weight loss journey rather that waiting until I lost all my weight to start worrying about my skin. Did it work? I think so and I guess that is what matters. It took about 2 1/2 hours for each session and should be done at least once/week for maximum benefits, and costs about $75 each time. I really couldn't afford it and I had to scrape every penny to do it, but it was my "treat" and I have to say it felt really good to me - I usually slept while I was waiting the hour I was wrapped. Sometimes it just feels good to do something - even if it is all in my head, rather than just hoping something will happen. For those of you who have the $ and the time - go for it - massages, facials, and wraps! Of course, I suppose we all know that to rid of lots of flabbiness, surgery seems to be the only way. But even then, I wonder if one wouldn't recuperate better and faster if they had been getting massages and wraps along the way to rid their skin of whatever they could of toxins and to rescue even a small percentage of skin elasticity. Ah, to be rich and retired - and to be both at the same time! Anyone out there that fits that description that wants to take me on as a charity case?
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 17:30
Needlehole

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I was given a container of Bobbi Brown's Buffing Grains, they are amazing!!!

http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/...UCT_ID=PROD9406
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-08, 17:40
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

EXCELLENT POST Lisa in TX!!!

I've had problems with cellulite since I was a teen.....{I was skinny!}

I've been told that cellulite is caused by kidney problems?!

Anyone else heard this???

I'm intriuged by this post. I would l-O-V-E to find a way to beat it, I'm definatley giving it a try!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-05-08, 13:23

Stats: 165/137/110 Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 51%

Did anyone who said they were going to try this out ACTUALLY do it?
If so what were your results??