Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 11:10

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/148/128 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Ahhhhh!! Weekend Motivation Needed!

What is my problem!

I have such good intentions to do this South Beach Plan and do so good during the week, but then Friday and Saturday come around and my Husband and I go out to dinner and I just can't stay on the plan.

Then I eat bad Friday and say screw the rest of the weekend! Then I am back to square one on Monday! I could just kick myself!

So, tomorrow, May 4th will be exactly 6 weeks until my 30th Birthday on June 15th. I just have to get a grip and stick to it, but how will I get through the weekends?

Any motivational tips for weekend help? I have about 15-18lbs to loose in 6 weeks.

Anyone else out there have about the same or had success in 6 weeks???

HELP................
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 08:00

Stats: 243/211.8/165 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

I know exactly what you mean! Weekends are hardest for me too. I think I can attribute it to lack of planning on my part. In theory eating out shouldn't be a huge obstacle. Are you eating enough during the day so that you're not overly hungry when you go out to dinner? Maybe if you planned your weekend menu, including a dinner out, ahead of time it would be easier. I'm going to try it this weekend.

15-18 lb in 6 weeks is a lot for your body to adjust to. They say that 1-2 lb per week is best. Maybe you could adjust your goal slightly and reward yourself when you meet it. You don't have a lot to lose so it may be a bit harder for you than for those of us who still have a ways to go.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 12:56

Stats: 148/148/128 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

You are right... I don't plan where we will be going for dinner over the weekend. Kind of fly by the seat of your pants.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I just started eating low-carb again today. But, now we are going to a new Mexican restaurant that is having their grand opening tomorrow. A good friend of ours knows the owner very well and invited us to join. I love Mexican food! I can only hope they have a chicken breast dinner or something without tortilla shells!

Thanks...
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 18:05

Plan: South beach (modified)
Stats: 185/154/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Interesting = for stress reasons, and meertings etc. I find the week harder than weekends.

What I do on weekends is sometimes take the time to try out a new low carb recipe. Maybe that is an idea that helps? Also, on weekends I cook something nice for breakfast.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-05-04, 08:02

Stats: 243/211.8/165 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

You could always eat the innards out of a chicken taco or burrito. I'd steer clear of the tortilllas. Maybe you can have black beans instead of refried beans. Just make sure you're not starving when you go - it's sooooo easy to be tempted by the basket of chips. Good Luck.

I've got a business trip out of the country this week/weekend so I stocked up on stuff to put in my bag. Here's hoping I can stick to the plan.