Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 23:49

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/197/125
BF:
Progress: 4%
Talking New weight loss gold digger on the block

Today is my first day on Dr. Atkins program. I've tried many plans but this on feels right because you see weight loss in a few days. I'll one who will give up if I don't see a lost after 30 days. I need your support so here I am.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 00:04

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 230/218/170
BF:
Progress: 20%

Welcome Levee,
I'm glad that you've decided on the Atkins WOL (way of life). Be sure to check out the Low Carb Tips on the orange bar at the top of the page. Good luck and be sure to ask if you have any questions, there are some wonderful and Knowledgeable people here willing to help. Also, after induction be sure to share some of your Low Carb Cajun recipies with us!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 07:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default welcome

Hi, Welcome to the Lowcarb Forum. Hope you get the inspiration here and support to keep you on track.

Be sure to read the Success Stories, which will tell you Lowcarbing does work. Stick with it, you can do this.

Post often and let us know how you're doing. We all have great days lowcarbing and we all have tougher days, so we understand.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 18:51

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 200/197/125
BF:
Progress: 4%
Talking So nice of you guys to welcome me

It was great to see all you guys reply and offer me support. You gave me hope, in knowing "this can be done". I am glad to see a few losers in the group also. I stated that yesterday was day one for me, but to be honest it was day 8. I had to start over because of all the hidden carbos I had been eating in my meats. now I have a better understanding of what is going on. Please keep in contact, today was another super 100% protein day. I've got to make this work. Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-16-01, 19:11

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: //2002
BF:and feeling great
Progress: 99%

Hi Levee - and welcome! I'm on Atkins too.

You will really enjoy this voyage you are about to take.

Don't forget that some carbs are good, and fat is wonderful.

Not sure what you meant by a 100% protein day.(?)
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 06:32
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Levee, you are allowed to have 20 grams of carbs a day, mostly in the form of salad or green vegetables. Make sure you get them, it makes this way of life so much more enjoyable! Also, unless you do extra special things to your meats they will always contain some fats. Fats are good! Fat will keep you satiated longer and there are some Essential Fatty Acids that everyone needs. Eat that fat and enjoy it!

Elihnig
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 09:27

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

Welcome....I am new too. Not new to weight loss but new to this group. Stay focused and take small steps. I found that having many 5 pound goals is better than 1 large goal. Stay connected to others. Good Luck. Elly