Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, May-01-04, 06:58

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile

I'm wondering why there are so few entries here....I hope everyone is doing a lot better than me. I hate to say it but I'm back up to 150!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, unless 1/2 cup of peanuts (which I dearly love) is sabotaging me. I started this challenge at 147 now I'm at 150! Someone with good results needs to post how well things are going for them. What is a typical menu for you each day? I'm not whinning, just looking for answers. I have stepped up my exercise, but the measuring tape is showing gains, not loses. Actually I'm pretty amazed at what a good mood I'm in....I started taking Taurine, and I think it has really helped my moodiness....now that's good news. I look forward to reading about some successes....hope everyone is enjoying the week-end! Oh yes....and welcome 2B-ABLE, (don't let this posting discourage you.)
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 02:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 316/228/200 Male 193cm
BF:
Progress: 76%

Well, I was down to 223 for a nanosecond, but I sure haven't seen that number again! Still solid at 226 but ... I'm not working out with weights or anything, but through all this exercise I am putting back muscle which was once there, which I hear is rather faster the second time (like language learning). I am very aware of how my body looks in the mirror, and I can tell you that I have new definition in my calves, quadriceps and triceps this last week. You may very well have put on some muscle too.

As far as food, I have been sabotaged by LC candy etc before as well. Not only is it very expensive but it seems to screw me up very badly and I end up eating all of it in a sitting. So, I limit myself to ONE LC item ONCE a day (0 carb stuff is rationed as well but not so strictly). For me, that means one CarbSmart fudge ice cream bar after dinner. It's nice and cold, only 3g for a nice hunk of ice cream. Being altogether carb-containing, ice cream, and dessert, is a triple signal to my body that it's the last thing to eat today, so I don't go binge with my little blood sugar spike.

Other than that, turkey bologna and hot dogs have 0g carbs, so I buy them, along with 8oz wheels of brie or camembert cheese which I crosscut into 1oz pieces for snacks. Bacon, which I bake in sheets, frozen chicken and family-size ground beef, some shrimp, maguro (fresh Japanese tuna) or salmon when it's on sale, cheddar slices, pork chops, nuke-able sausages, spam, canned sardines, tuna, salmon, or herring, turkey meatballs (0g carbs), lettuce + 0 carb italian dressing, broccoli, cream cheese (+ sugar twin can make some neato pastry-like things), spare ribs, diet soda, and lots of eggs, assorted canned meats sometimes. Most of it is in my fridge right now. There are lots of nitrates, some sucralose etc. in there, and other things which Atkins is serious about banning, but I eat this way and live fine. And the vast majority of it is just meat.

How bout the rest of you?
  #63   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 06:21

Stats: 180.5/166.5/135 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Sorry I haven't been very active here! I've had a house full of sick children all week....2, 5, and 8 y/o all throwing up for three days straight! Everyone is fine now, but it was the LONGEST week of my life! I thank God that I was able to keep taking care of them WITHOUT getting this nasty bug myself. Hubby works out of town during the week so I was playing Dr. Mom as a single parent....UGH!

The good news is that after three weeks, I've finally dropped another pound! Down to 141!! Only 16 pounds away from my goal! I'm going out to buy myself a pedometer today so I can start to track my walking better. I'm still serioiusly lacking in the exercise department. I really need to start toning all this flab on my body!

Well, I'm off to do some shopping. I think I might even have to buy myself a new pair of jeans today. I only have one pair that fit me well....the rest are WAY too big! If that isn't an awesome feeling....never thought I'd get this far!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  #64   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 12:09

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey all, Its me again. Ive been sticking to it. I am going to weigh tomorow morning, and post the result. I really hope its a loss. But its possible that I might be working out enough to get muscle definition that goes at the same pace as my weight loss thus keeping me around the same weight. O well, rather stable than up i guess.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 13:14

Stats: 162/142.5/135 Female 5'4''
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hey Galatia, I'm in the same boat. I haven't been losing and I also gained inches. I am bouncing around between 142 and 146 for the past weeks. I think I know what my problem is: I eat too much, like too many calories, about 2200 per day. I want to fix this and eat less but I am always hungry. It's hard for me to say no to food when I am hungry. Something I also noticed is that I have 3 thin roomates and they all don't eat that much. I would guess around 1200 calories a day and none of them are on diets, it is just natural for them and they don't get as hungry as I do. I have been drinking a lot and eating a lot of fat but I still have this. Suggestions anyone? I need motivation cuz the scale isn't moving and my jeans aren't getting any looser.

Thanks,
Jen
  #66   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 19:58

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

Hi all! I had a really busy but fun weekend. I went up 2 due to pms then I sabatoged myself by having a carb fest the same day. I have never made it through pms without 1!!!!!!!!! It didn't change my weight though. Whew!!!!! But I'm thinking had I stuck it out I might have got a whoosh after TOM.
Galatia I have no clue how to answer you. You could try posting your daily menus for us to look at.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 20:13

BF:
Smile

Hi everyone. Stacy, glad everyone is well now, and you escaped it. I'm happy for your weight loss.....and the new jeans!! Michael....thanks for the food list. (I'm going to try the cream cheese and sugar twin.) 2B-ABLE...Enjoy that muscle growth. I'll check in the morning and see how it went. Jen....I stay hungry too!! For awhile I was never hungry, had no cravings....I was amazed....I'm still o.k. with no carb cravings....but so hungry. I'm going to start counting calories and see how I'm doing there. I will be gone until Friday....I hope everyone has a good week. Keep us posted. Bye until Friday!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 21:19

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey everyone, I just popped in. I decided to weight today anyway. It was as if i weighed in in the morning. Right now Im down 1 lb, putting me at 155, one of my minigoals! So since starting this challenge like what, a couple days ago? ive lost 1 lb. I just know that more are on the way. haha. Hope everyone is having a great day.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 05:44

BF:

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! ?Yesterday was back on track. I am up two more lbs top 164. I know it's pms but still!!!!!!!!!!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 08:36
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi guys, I've been doing very well. In the past month and a half, I have lost over 15 pounds and counting.

Peanuts caused me to stall, but that is just me....

Come on guys, you can do this! Go team!

The thing that keeps me going is thinking about wearing a bathing suit later this summer and feel great about it.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, May-04-04, 18:51

BF:

AKASHA, Way too go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to join your losing ranks soon!
  #72   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 08:02

BF:
Smile

Hey everyone!! Akasha you are doing GREAT!! I had to hunt down this link....we're on page 2 now....I hate to add things, because right now I'm not doing very well, but I check everyday to see if anyone has said anything.....Michael....what's going on with you? Michelle...."I feel your pain..." Jen....I think calories maybe part of my problem too, but the first thing I'm going to do is (glup.. ) stop eating nuts for a while. I switched to almonds....but I ate 1.5 cups of them yesterday!! So I obviously have no control once I start eating them....and I stay hungry lately so they are very dangerous. I know I've said I was going to quit eating them before....but I "really" mean it "this time." . O.K. well that's where I'm at.....nothing to inspire anyone, but I'm glad you are all here and we're in this thing together. Bye for now.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 14:23
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Peanuts and nuts in general are evil, because once you start eating them, you can't stop. They don't really fill you up, so people have a tendency to eat more than they should. I try to stay away from them now, because I stalled out badly when I tried to snack on them.

Hey rodmick, don't worry, I will soon bloat up like a balloon for TOM too, so I doubt I will lose much next week. Don't you hate TOM? I get horrible cravings. Hehe.

Congrats for making your mini-goal, 2B Able!!!! I should be making my 150 mini-goal by my birthday at the end of the month.

Galatia, keep up the good work!
  #74   ^
Old Sat, May-08-04, 06:37

Stats: 180.5/166.5/135 Female 61.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Two more pounds gone this week! I can't believe that I'm down to 139! I haven't been this low since high school (over 20 years ago....shhhhhh, don't tell). One thing I am having trouble with is actually sticking to an exercise routine. I keep planning on starting to walk outside now that the weather is nice again but somehow I always find a reason (ok, an excuse) not to do it. I may be a lot smaller this summer than I've been in years but I still look HORRIBLE in shorts and short sleeves!

Maybe today I'll start..... Dang, I wish I could afford a personal trainer to whip my butt into shape!

Have a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here!
  #75   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 04:42

BF:

Stacy! 139 Woohoo!
Tom is still kicking my butt folks! Still 164! I think they need to ban the sale oif chocolate in any form.