Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:00

Plan: A GREAT big Conglomeration
Stats: 185/178/130
BF:
Progress:
Default I need a buddy!

This is not my first time low-carbing it, and I know from past experience that it is really good for you and all. My problem is that I need a buddy, you know, someone for encouragement and who will chastise me when I cheat....If anyone would like to be my "buddy" I would be extremely grateful.

I'll check back in a few days. Talk to you soon!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 12:31

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default How about me?

Hi! I am doing the Atkins diet, and this is my first time on LCing.
This is my 7th day on the program. I do not know how it compares to your diet. But if we are all LCing - it shouldn't be to different.

I would be willing to be your buddy. Let me know.

A Thin Me!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-01, 15:36

BF:
Progress:
Talking That's great!

That sounds SOOO great! I would love that! I'm getting more info. on things, and I'm starting as of right now!

It's a little hard though. See, my dad's a doctor who puts his patients on the Atkins Diet, but it hasn't hit him yet that it is not just a "quick fix." It's a way of life, but he bugged me last time, saying things like, "Haven't you been on that diet long enough? Here, have some ice cream." I finally got tired of arguing with him, and gave up. I don't want to this thime! I have a boyfriend who loves me and is proud of me just the way I am, but I want to lose weight so that I can feel that he deserves me! Also, I've been a little overweight and dieting since the sixth grade, doing everything from not eating to feeling so guilty about eating that I would make myself throw up......I'm tired.......and I am GONNA MAKE THIS THING WORK!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 13:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125
BF:
Progress: 40%
Wink Buddy

Hi Antimaniac. This is a return to LCing for me too. I am on about my 3rd day and feeling great. My problem is that I think I need to cut down on portions to lose weight. Also need encouragement about cutting out my daily diet coke and diet dew. Would love a buddy.
Holly G

#5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 13:59

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi

there are heaps of buddies here - you'll find you get them without even trying. You'll always get a responsefrom someone if you post something.

Holly - be careful on that vutting down idea -this WOE needs you to eat until you are not hungry so don't try to control calories. It's good to eat 8 -10 times your weight in calories.

Good luck to you all

lesley
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 15:28

BF:
Default AntiManic - parents!

Hi!

It's me. How are you doing?

I agree with you about parents. They love us, care for us and FEED US!!!! !!!! My Moms' kitchen is being redone and therefore has no stove or oven. She asked me to make a few special things for her - which I did no problem,
so, how does she thank me???? With cake!!!! LOL

The best I can tell you, is to practice, practice, practice
saying "no thanks". Or say you are full. It is hard, believe me,
I was at a weak moment, and that cake looked good.

Hope this help. By the way, where are you located? I live in Illinois, a northern sub. by the Lake. My first name is Pam.

A thin me!

#7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-01, 22:05

BF:
Progress:
Cool Howdy!

First name is Jessica, and I'm from West Virginia.

Once again today was a good day! It's still hard, since Dad isn't exactly supportive of the whole thing. I saw some pictures today......I look like a chipmunk! It's not that I'm necessarily that FAT, I'm just a lil' bit chunky.

Thanks everyone for replying. I hope to hear from all of you soon!

Congrats on the cake thing Pam!

I'd LOVE to be your buddy Holly G!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 00:33

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins

I was looking over your profile and it seems we could be a match:
I'm 5'9.5", and started at 173, and I'm 21 (I'm figuring that you're younger b/c you mentioned your dad, but I could be well off). Well, we have quite a few similarities...I would love to help if I can. I looked into the Stillman's thing and that's where you eat only meats (well basically only meats) right? I'm on atkins, with not complaints. Let me know and we can talk

Erin
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 11:46

BF:
Default I need a Buddy 2

Hi to all today and thanks for offering to be my buddy too. I am so excited because I just edited my profile to reflect the loss of 4 lbs. I'm off and running now and I am grabbing my second bottle of water instead of my usual morning diet coke.
Holly G
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/203.5/135
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default buddy system

Okay everyone .... I'm mad now ... ... I would love to be part of this buddy system.

I have just completed just completed my first week and could use the encouragement ... have felt like throwing in the towel a couple of times ... I guess on the bright side ... I just weighed and have lost 11 pounds!

Count my in for being there for whomever needs a shoulder

Jazzyflyer
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 10:02

Default Jazz...

Congrats on your loss...you should change your profile to reflect it I change mine almost everyday (since I'm on everyday), even when my weight goes up, which never happens...lol

Maybe we should start a support thread...maybe in bootcamp or something. And then whether we need support, venting, or just to chit-chat, we can go there. Or I guess we could just use this one...duh

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well,
Erin
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 13:47

BF:
Smile

Hi Erin and jazzyflyer. I am on about my 5th day after a long trip to carbsville. I am at that point where I am feeling kind of wired! I like it but I remember it kind of wears off but that I will have more energy. The weird part is that I am feeling wired after cutting way back on caffiene too. I have cut out pop all together ( I was doing 3 a day) and cut coffee down from 8 cups to about 2 or 3. I would love to be buddies and I love this website. Wish I had more time to tinker with it.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 16:30

BF:
Progress:
Talking GUESS WHAT?!!

I am SOOO happy! I couldn't wait to get home to tell you guys! I started this diet Thursaday at 185 pounds, and, as of this morning's weigh-in, I am FIVE pounds lighter! WOO-HOO!

I love this diet!

I mean, last night, I got the munchies (don't you hate those?) and I ate an ENTIRE bag of pork rinds! What other diet could you do that on? Well, you could probably do that on ANY diet, but I don't think the results would be all that great!

Congratulations on your losses! I know that sounds weird, 'cuz usually you say, "I'm sorry to hear about your loss." Here, though, a loss is a GOOD thing!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 17:13

Holly G - you're wired on this diet? I saw completely wiped out for two weeks and then all of a sudden I was great. My bod went into carb withdrawl big time...so did I read that right - you're wired on the day 5 after cutting back caffine? Way to go. I wish I had had that happen

AntiManiac - great job on your "loss." I was looking at your profile and it said the day you started lcing
today" - what was that date? I'm curious, how long ago did you lc before? Great job on the loss.

Great Job Everyone (I just felt like TinyTim when I said that...you know how he says "God bless us, everyone"....lol) Alright can you tell I'm in a wierd mood today - only one more class until Thanksgiving break

E
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-15-01, 19:31

BF:

Hi-- You are all doing super - Way to Go

I am still on Induction - day 10 - have not weighed myself so I can celebrate or be upset!!! I hope that I am a winner like the rest of you.

I like the idea of a thread of buddies, so let's keep this going,

A Thin Me!!