Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default loose skin!

Someone PLEEEASE tell me that once most of the fat under my ab-torso skin is gone, and once I am more toned, that my skin won't just hang there. I do admit I am not as bad off as some people I have seen. Regardless I am thinking about at least getting my tummy tuck or getting some type of lift. I am 24 and I haven't had babies yet, so I wonder if I should wait it out. At least then I wouldn't have stretch marks from pregnancy. It's not terrible, only when I bend over or sit down, otherwise I look normal. Anyone have experience with this? I am excercising. I do pilates 2 or 3 times a week and basically every day I do crunches and situps.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 13:58
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I've heard of a lot of people who have this problem... the advice I've heard is that drinking a lot of water and using specialized lotions on the skin will help tone and firm up your skin....

I'd wait a while to see what happens - It may take some time, your skin might bounce back.

good luck!
Kiks
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:02

Plan: My Own
Stats: 223/-/140 Female 66
BF:A Lot/??.?%/Less
Progress: 86%

I've had the same issue especially on my arms and lower stomach. What has helped me was weight training and cardio in addition to body brushing. It's not completely gone, but it's almost there.

Hang in there, you're on the right track!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:08
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

Ok thanks. I am just mad at myself. I had liposuction on my stomach 2 years ago, and I got down to 140 and looked ok, no loose skin, but I let myself gain 20 or 25 lbs and I think that was my skin's last chance. We'll see.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:15

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

What body brushing???? A little confused on that one???

Erinleigh
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-04, 14:26

Plan: My Own
Stats: 223/-/140 Female 66
BF:A Lot/??.?%/Less
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinleigh
What body brushing???? A little confused on that one???

Erinleigh

Here's a link to a post with information on it:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t=body+brushing

It's help my skins texture also.

HTH!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 20:03
Italian Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 278/262/115 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default I'm not worried

I have been a yo-yo dieter for my entire life. I have also taken extremely good care of my skin, however. I don't have any stretch marks, vericose veins or anything like that even though I beleive, genetically, I should because my mom has all that stuff. I beleive, in addition to exercise, what I do to keep my skin healthy now will reduce the excess skin problem that I will face when I begin to lose a lot of weight.

My "secret" is that I religiously exfoliate and use cocoa butter every day. Exfoliating is the process of scrubbing away dead skin cells to reveal the new layer of healthy skin. Not only does it do that, but with vigorous exfoliation you are also stimulating the many layers of skin cells, thus encouraging blood flow. I believe that is the key to keeping skin elastic as well as smooth.

The mitt I use for exfoliating is found at the Body Shop and is available online. I use it in the shower with Tone Cocoa Butter soap. You can find it here:

http://www.usa.thebodyshop.com/web/...25&is_mac=false

I also use cocoa butter religiously which is used not only to soften skin but is a widely accepted cure for stretch marks and scars. I swear by it. Queen Helene makes the best and most econmical one out there. A bottle close to a quart costs less than $5.00. I use the lotion daily and the creme when I have a spa day and on my feet for a pedicure (because it is very thick and oily). I find it at Rite Aid here in the states. http://www.queenhelene.com/

Not only has this regimen worked to keep my skin elastic and visially beautiful, but also makes my boyfriend happy because I have the "softest skin he has ever felt."

Hope that helps!

Last edited by Alleine : Sun, May-02-04 at 20:46.