Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 20:50

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%
Talking Big Day Today

Good Day all!!

I just had a good day today and wanted to share with all of you what has been going on with me and the family.

By the way - have you seen that Quizno's has Low Carb Flatbread?? The sandwiches range anywhere from 7 grams to 14 grams of carbs depending on which ones you get! Just tried one today and they are AWESOME!

Update on my son - he had stalled out at 15 pounds lost, then gained two. We checked his calorie intake on fitday and found out that he was eating as many calories as I am, even though he was under 20 grams of carb a day. Last Monday we adjusted his calorie intake and he dropped 5 pounds this week. That is 17 total for him - looks like he will be needing new clothes soon.....

My wife is doing GREAT!! It is frustrating sometimes for her because she is losing at a slower rate than I am. I think it has something to do with Lean Body Mass, since she is only 5'0" tall and I am 6'0". But Still - she has lost 28 pounds since we started!!

I am down 53 pounds as of today. The things that I am most excited about are as follows:

1. I am off my High Blood Pressure medication. I was running 145/85 while on medication, and had to start taking it when I reached 162/112. Now - after being off the medication for two months my blood pressure is down to 135/80.

2. Today was new belt day. I had gone through all the notches on my size 56 belt (a total of three holes from where I started) and added four more holes. Today I bought a new belt that was a size 44-48!!!

I feel great and just wanted to say Hi to everyone and share a great day!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 21:21
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi Jim,

Congratulations on all those milestones!! Isn't it strange how a small adjustment makes a big difference for your son? Did he miss the extra calories? It's great that he will do this along with you... I doubt that I would have co-operated as a child, especially since my parents have never been overweight and didn't understand the psychology involved at all.

I think on this WOE that you can always find some new milestones to make the journey exciting! And it's worth it as you so clearly pointed out!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 21:33

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

Those are some great milestones. I keep thinking about the possibility of needing a new belt.

That's great about being able to be off the high blood pressure medicine also. I have been on some before and it definitely was a factor when I decided to lose weight this time.

I keep thinking about your son. I have a granddaughter who wants to lose some weight. She is spending the summer with me so in order to eat, she will have to do some low carb anyway She is frustrated that the kids call her names. I am glad that your son is succeeding so well in his weightloss. Marty
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 22:33

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

Woohoo, you're whole family is doing great!!! Congrats to all of you!!!

P.S., tell your wife that us women lose slower than you guys-GRRR!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 03:12

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Congratulations! Those are some great milestones. I am so pleased to hear it's working for you son and that you have caught it when he's young enough to follow your guidelines.

There comes a point when you really do have to watch the calories. Sounds like that is where your wife is, too. It is tough having to track both carbs and calories, but it works.

Great job!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 03:15
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

You're doing great, keep it up.

#7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 05:20

Plan: LC Lifestyles Plan
Stats: 333/240/190 Male 6'0"
BF:31.5%/26.95%/8%
Progress: 65%

Thanks everyone!!

Louise - he thought he was going to miss the extra calories, but when it came right down to it he really didn't. He hasn't been hungry at all with the lower calorie count.

Dianne - You are certainly right! We all count carbs and calories now - I think it's a good thing to know.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 07:38

Stats: 327/309/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Jim--

Congrats to you and your family! You've all accomplished something great... keep up the good work!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 07:48
Contributing Member

Stats: 259/190/135 Female 5'5
BF:OMG Too Much
Progress: 56%

WOW, I am very impressed with your progress and your wonderful attitude! You Should be proud of your entire family. You are keeping focused on your goals and being Big Loosers!

Congratulations to you all!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 07:51

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

That is just wonderful! Goodness, the whole family is shrinking and gotten healthier. I think it is so great that your son can learn about controlling his weight while he is young. He will be much better for it!

I like to stop someplace to eat when I am out and about doing errands. I will try Quizno's next!

Orchid
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 08:20

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

GM Jim and congrats on all your good news! I think it's wonderful to have someone to follow this WOE with. I'm kind of on my own here in my family, but I'm also the only one who has a weight problem. It gets abit tricky at times, but I'm managing.

Really great news about the belt. Fitting into smaller clothes is always a wonderful and exciting thing!

Keep up the great work Jim and pass along congrats to your family too!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 08:33

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congratulations to the whole family...wow!

It's been my experience that men lose weight faster too. I'm guessing it's because men have a higher amount of muscle mass, which burns more calories than fat. My dad was always the fastest loser in our family too.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:19

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Sounds terrific. We are very similar in stats, and where we started vs where we are. It's fun with the leading indicators like rings and belts. I'm on my second new belt, and my ring has moved to my middle finger.

Best of luck, but it sounds like you don't need it--your family is doing sensational.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:38
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

Congrats on the progress!!!! It is soooo awesome that the whole family is in this WOE together!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! Woohoooo!!!

#15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 10:24
TeaQueen

Plan: My own verson of Atkins
Stats: 311/294/120 Female 5' 1
BF:
Progress: 9%

Awesome!!!

Keep up the great work!