Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 13:35

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Trim Spa

Has anyone here tried TrimSpa along with a low carb diet? As is I don't already take enough supplements! I currently take a women's multi vitamin with no iron, Atkins essential oils, metamucil caplets and sometime's dieter's advantage pills. I am looking for an energy boosting supplement to aid in my weight loss. Ingredients in TrimSpa are:

Hoodia Gordonii™ (Hoo-dee-uh Gore-doh-nee) is a natural appetite suppressant, used for generations to stave off hunger during long hunting expeditions. The hunters realized that this not only deadened their pangs of hunger, but also induced a feeling of physical fullness.

Glucosamine
(Gloo-ko-so-meen) is an ingredient, patented by TRIMSPA for weight loss, that actually prolongs the amount of time glucose (or blood sugar) stays within the bloodstream after eating. This delay means that any extra insulin can be used directly by the muscles for energy, instead of being transferred too quickly to the "warehouse," or fat cells. Therefore it doesn't get stored as useless excess fat. It is safe and promotes weight loss when used as directed.

Green Tea Extract has long been known for its thermogenic-or heat generating-properties that promote burning of fat. The polyphenols in green tea also contain epigallocatechin gallate, which has been known to significantly reduce food intake and, subsequently, body weight in healthy adults. It is rich in potent bioflavonoids that, together with the polyphenols, provide the antioxidants so vital to fighting free radicals.

Cocoa Extract contains 3,7 - dimethylxanthine, also known as Theobromine, and is found naturally in cocoa beans. Theobromine belongs to a class of compounds known as Xanthines. The predominate use of Theobromine is as a diuretic.

Citrus Naringinine (Citrus Na-ring-e-neen) is a powerful, naturally occurring citrus extract that is known to curb the appetite while serving as a source of soluble fiber. Like green tea extract, it is an antioxidant that prevents free radical damage and has also been shown to inhibit enzymes-such as cytochrome P450-that are involved in obesity when found in the body in excessive amounts.

Chromium Chelavite™ is an important nutrient that aids in controlling glucose (blood sugar) and carbohydrate cravings; it also offers many other benefits. It helps the body's insulin metabolize fat, convert protein into muscle, and turn sugar into energy, supporting weight loss and the development of lean body mass. A lack of chromium in the diet can result in weight gain, sluggishness, and can trigger a craving for sugar and other carbohydrates. Adding chromium to the diet can significantly reverse these trends.

Vanadium (Van-a-dee-um) is a naturally occurring appetite suppressant that can also induce physiological effects similar to that of insulin within the body. It assists the metabolism in converting carbohydrates into energy while also affecting the sense of taste and appetite, resulting in less food intake and weight loss.

Glucomannan
(Glu-co-ma-nan), derived from the root of the Amorphophallus Konjac plant, is a dietary fiber that assists in weight loss due to its ability to create a sense of fullness, even when ta ken in small amounts. Glucomannan reduces the appetite significantly and helps to prevent overeating and lessen cravings.

Sodium Carboxymethylcellulose (So-dee-um Carboxy-meth-el-cell-u-los) is a nontoxic, indigestible, water-based gel. It is not absorbed by the digestive system, but acts to create a sensation of fullness while it is within the stomach and reduces the desire to overeat.

Has anyone tried this product, is it worth the money?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 13:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

I have not tried it but Anna Nicole Smith is really slim again, claims from this stuff, i dont know.............................
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 17:47

Plan: My own, post Atkins
Stats: 180/131/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 123%

Haha...Anna nicole smith probably paid someone to help her lose weight, then trimspa paid her to say it was them.

It might be worth trying, if you're curious, but I've tried just about every type of thermogenic supplement, EVER...(and way too much ephedrine) and, sure, they help with appetite if you let them, but really aren't good in the long term. It's probably best to just strengthen your willpower and keep your money.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 18:28

Plan: Generic LC
Stats: 212/157/135 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 71%

Taking Trimspa along with diet and exercise.........
Now what do you think it really was??? Don't waste your money.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 18:32
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I tried it because it had one kind of fiber that was suposed to help you feel full and therefore eat less.

It may of worked to a degree, but it definetly wasn't worth the huge price. Following Atkins and getting into ketosis, and avoiding all sweet treats that can cause cravings is a much better appatite suppressent.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 09:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/153/130 Female 5' 8
BF:for/get/it
Progress: 28%

I tried trimspa a couple months ago. I took the maximum dosage everyday and it didn't supress my appetite very much at all, and I didn't really lose weight any faster than just doing Atkins by itself.
I took it back and exchanged it for a bottle of multi-oils!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 10:27

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

See that's what I would like to find is someothing to help with the wanting to munch feeling. I am in Ketosis but end up eating too many calories and do not lose. I wish Atkins was a natural appitite suppresant for me
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 10:50

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:

Thanks for the advise! It looks like it's probably a waste of money. I do have an old bottle of Metabolife in the medicine cabinet. Maybe I will try that for awhile for some energy and appetite suppresant help. Although, it does have caffeine and I have weened myself off of that. I don't know!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 11:14
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Caffine could possibly make the problem worse. It can cause a blood sugar drop, which can be good, but that drop could also lead to hunger signals and cravings. Atkins accell does have caffine in it though.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 11:30

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I'm pretty sure Anna Nicole Smith lost her weight using the old-formula Trimspa (aka speeeeeeed!) I'm not sure, but didn't they get in some trouble recently, since once they took the ephedra out the stuff no longer worked at all?
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-04, 12:38

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue

I don't know, but I'll let you know after I've tried it...lol. Its funny that I saw this post shortly after I had ordered some. I've just had a horrible time getting back on the plan (I've done really well today...just a bad headache), and wanted something to help just over the initial difficulties. I did read epinions on Trimspa and they rate it pretty high...the ephedra free version. I certainly wouldn't depend on anything, but I do believe there are things out there that can help move things along or help get things started.

L