Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 17:53
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 85/90/93
BF:
Progress: 63%
Wink New Blue Bunny Frozen Treats

Super Wal-mart has some new Blue Bunny products in their freezer this week. I saw fruit popsicles and plain ice cream bars (vanilla inside, chocolate coated). We bought the new almond ice cream bars (vanilla inside, chocolate and almond coating on the outside, 2g "net carbs" according to the label). I have not tried them yet and was wondering if anyone else has. We also purchased the white chocolate almond bars; I have never seen any other white chocolate low carb or sugar free ice cream and have been dying for someone to come up with a white chocolate flavor! The white chocolate almond bars have 4g net carbs and 100 calories. I tried one this afternoon and they are absolutely delicious.

Has anyone else tried these yet? Opinions? I know that Blue Bunny is calling their new line "carb freedom," but many of the labels just look like they took their sugar-free stuff and stuck a new label on it without changing the nutritional values to really make them LOW carb. What I really wish is that some of these brands would try to include a bit of protein in their ice cream bars and less sugar alcohols, in order to make them more nutritious. I would be willing to sacrifice a bit of taste for this, but I don't know how other consumers feel about that. :>
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 20:06

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 370/170/170 Male 6'1
BF:10%
Progress: 100%

oh wow ill have to keep a look out for those.. i LOVE white chocolate
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 20:12

Plan: ?????
Stats: 239.9/196/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 46%

I tried the white chocolate almond bars. Yummy! Only 10 carbs even without subtracting fiber or sugar alchol.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 05:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/187/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 51%

Guess what else they have? ICE CREAM. My superwalmart has Mint chocolate/Strawberry/Vanilla/Double Fudge... Lots! It's not as good as the Breyers Low Carb stuff, but it's great to have variety. It does have Sugar alcohols, so be careful on the flatuants....!

Last edited by Bearurr : Mon, Apr-26-04 at 05:20. Reason: err
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-04, 20:44

Plan: IF & atkinish
Stats: 191/180.1/150 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 27%

just got the blue bunny ice cream bars, and they are the best! net carbs is 4 per bar and fat is 5. They taste sooooo good.