Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:35
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%
Default all these low carb products. which do you like?

This is sort of a continuum of my "sick of the low carb craze" post. I know some of us have problems when we eat the specialty foods out there, and some of us don't have problems with it, such as stalling...

So do you guys have your "must haves", and do they ever stall you out?

Personal faves of mine:
O'solo breads (regular and cinnamon raisin)
Hershey 1 Carb candies (almond)
Diet Rite
Mayfield Less Carbs ice cream (neapolitan)
Sugar Free Jello (peach)

I haven't noticed any stalling but I have been supporting Dannon a lil too much lately. I think if I don't have a whoosh this monday I will lay low in the dairy department for a bit.

Should I try this Hood Carb Countdown milk? I would be the only one in the house consuming it, so it might go bad in the fridge. But I see the chocolate only has 2 carbs. Is it good?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi again

I didn't much care for the chocolate milk, but others rave about it. It does have a good consistency.

I have to have the Carb Options bbq sauce for my bacon cheeseburgers. I also like having salted pumpkin seeds around for an emergency at classes when all that's avail is high carb things from vending machines.
Can't live without Crystal Light sunrise orange.
Otherwise,I don't use too many of the products, but plan to when I get more weight off.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:51
Registered Member

Hey Rosie, I didn't realize how much weight you have lost! WOW!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:52
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I don't stall on anything because I count calories and stay under a certain number.

I love the carb countdown milk. I used to be so-so on the 2% milk, now I absolutely love it. The chocolate milk seems like a treat too. And its lean on the calories!

I love Keto banana nut hot cereal. I'm going to be sad when I run out, but I probably won't buy it again unless i can find it on sale. It's outrageously expensive.

I love my italian sodas (soda water + SF coffee syrup + cream)

I mixed some soda water with Hood chocolate milk, kind of reminded me of an ice cream soda! I think a scoop of LC ice cream in that would rock.

Trader Joe's LC breads are good and tortilla.

I just ate too much LC ice cream and nothing sounds all that good at the moment!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:53
Registered Member

OOPs, I was looking at your goal. But you are still doing really good. What are you doing with your old clothes?
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 20:56

Stats: 293/257/155 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4lemon
OOPs, I was looking at your goal. But you are still doing really good. What are you doing with your old clothes?

I wish!

I haven't had to give anything away yet, but soon. I have some that look really stupid on me, but I still bum around the house in them. I have lost about 5 on top of what are in my stats, but am waiting til my official next sunday weigh in day to change them.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 21:04
Registered Member

Stats: 206/193.2/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi

I have tried the Carb Countdown Milk. I do prefer the chocolate milk over the regular milk. I never was one for regular milk anyway.

There are other things i can't bare to live without.
Which are:
Russell Stovers Sugar Free Mint Patties (not too often though)
Klondike's Carb Smart Fudge Bars (once a week as a treat)
and Heinz 1 Carb Ketchup

Other Low-Carb things I like to have once in a blue moon:
Atkins Banana Nut Muffins
.....eh..I can only think of one thing

But I can say I honestly dont like any of the low carb "candy" bars or any of the low carb bread type things like pancakes...ick
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 21:18

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Well personally speaking I find most of them unnessecary and extremly over priced.

Plus, those who can't do with out them have only replaced one bad habit for another ie: real sugar for Sugar alcohols.

I'm not saying I never have those treats, I do, but not part of my daily diet. I treat them as "treats" and treats are not meant to have on a daily basis.
Thats what gets some people in the situation to have to look for a way to lose weight

Thats what has worked for me, 8 months maintaining

Kathy
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 21:24
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

I like the Ross and Russell Stover chocolates better than the Hershey's (but, then again, I don't really like any of the Hershey's! Sacrilege, I know. )

Tried the milk--ended up having it go bad from sitting too long, so I guess it's not important to me.

The Klondike CarbSmart bars, on the other hand...
OOOOH, baybee!! I love 'em, and don't dare eat them too often because I love 'em!

Haven't found a pasta I like yet, so have stuck to broccoli or beans or spaghetti squash as conveyor of good sauces from plate to mouth.

And I don't really miss bread (which my DH and DS just DON'T understand!)

Jude
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 00:02

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I like the carb options peanut butter a lot, but I can't buy it because its a sure binge fest if I do. I like blue bunny's carb freedom mint chocolate chip icecream, and of course, I like all of the diet rite flavors. Thats about the only low carb products I use at all.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 00:31
aka Celestine

Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

The only "frankenfoods" that I buy for home consumption are the shakes, and once in a great while, the ice cream. I eat out a lot so I save my "iffy" eating for those times. It's just too tempting for me to have the stuff at home. And honestly, I think that all of the LC bread/crust/bake mixes just taste terrible, so that helps me!

Liz
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 08:01

Stats: 190/145/125 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Oh wait, I do get that carb options (I think thats the brand?) alfredo sauce, but if anyone could steer me to a good recipe for alfredo sauce - a good LEGAL recipe - I'd gladly stop using it and make my own.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 08:07

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

Love the lc Blue Bunny yogurt - it is real yogurt instead of a "dairy product" like Dannons and is regular serving size.

Atkins Advantage Bars - peanut butter and chocolate decadence, great for when caught out or want something chocolate and with 10 grams of fiber much tastier than wheat bran!

Atkins Shakes - chocolate, great quick pick me up in afternoon when teaching - you can drink in front of the kids without driving them crazy Food on the other hand, they want too.

lc Silhouette Ice Cream Bars - skinny cow - chocolate peanut butter and vanilla almond. Both great snacks when you want something nice and creamy and cold. Yummy.

Marie
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 08:08

Plan: Atkins, low cal
Stats: 150/116/117 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 103%

I love:
-keto hot cereal
-carb options salad dressings (all of them)

-i tried the keto pudding yesterday... a LOT like instant pudding unfortunately, but does satisfy the sweet tooth for very few calories and very few carbs (with no sugar alcohols)
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-24-04, 08:23

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

Buena Vida whole wheat tortillas, Osolo cinnamon raisin rolls and carb countdown yogurt are pretty much the only LC products I use and I love them all.