Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 16:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/166/110 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Inner Thigh Flab

My inner thigh flab is absolutely the part of my body I hate the most! I have been doing BFL for 3 weeks but the exercises in the book don't specifically target the inner thighs. Can any of you recommend exercises for the inner thighs or will the ones I'm doing for the quads eventually help that area too?

Thanks for your input.

~Heidi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 04:48
Kid R

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: // Female 5"1'
BF:Too darn much!
Progress: 90%

Heidi, I'm answering because I hate it when posts go unanswered, lol. I really don't know the answer to your question, though. But what about certain kinds of isometrics where you tent one leg over the other and then raise the bottom leg, trying to resist the raise? I don't know if I've explained that correctly, but it might give you a start. Hope someone who knows more than I answers you.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 04:56

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Hi Heidi,

I would have thought just doing Quad and Hamstring exercises would be enough to work the whole of your leg (have a look at this http://www.gwc.maricopa.edu/class/b...muscle/leg1.htm)

There are the adductor/abductor machines which can target those muscles, but as I said you are probably working them anyway.

If by flab you mean fat then no amount of muscle conditioning is going to solve that, and there is no way to target specific areas for fat loss. The muscle could be the best there is but if there is a layer of fat covering it you're not going to see it. All I can say is keep at it, the flab will go eventually.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 06:16

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%

Heidi,

I'm looking for new thighs, too!..lol..

I'm not adding any different exercises. I did a BIG search on thigh exercises, and I'm pretty sure we're doing all we can (diet included)..

Good luck with the challenge. Hope you see those thights tightening!

Joy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 07:01
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I've fought the thigh flab my entire life as well...!

The hard part is that you cannot really target the thighs to try and reduce fat in that area. The good news is that when you start to loose you lose it all over! I'm on my second challenge and I've begun to see a difference in the shape and size of my thighs. I haven't targeted any specific exercises for this but have been pleased to see a difference.

If that is an area that you want to target you can work on some specific exercises. But - and this is where my problem lies - you won't see the muscle definition until the fat starts to go away. Be patient, it will start to show as your body begins to change.

Kikis
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-23-04, 08:31

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%

Heidi - try doing a plié squat - that is, turn your feet so your toes point outward so your feet are almost parallel with your shoulders, then do your squats. You can really feel this one in your inner thighs.
Good luck!
Laura
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 20:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/166/110 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I guess I will keep doing what I'm doing and see what kind of results I get. (I may try those plie squats, too!) Have a great day!

~Heidi
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-25-04, 21:01
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%
Smile

I think the inner and outer hip abducter machine may be able to help but I'm not sure if you have access to one.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-26-04, 13:45

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%

Also, you can take the exercise ball, sit on the floor put the ball between your legs and squeeze!