Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 14:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default inches vs pounds on the scale

hey guys!

i have an interesting question, i think.

last summer i lost about 25-30lbs. i have kept it off and lost a little more.

the strange thing is, i am still a size 14. the scale hasn't really moved much, and an outfit i am wearing now is much looser than when i wore it this last summer. the scale is pretty much the same; i've only lost about 5lbs more. it's strange to me how the clothes aren't as tight as they were last summer in my pictures from florida(i'll post if i can).

i'm supposing that this is the phenom of losing inches and not pounds? i've not expierenced this before so it's new to me. usually i only lose pants sizes when the scale drops. the scale's dropped only a little bit but i look so much better in this outfit i'm wearing now.

what do ya'll think? thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 15:28

Stats: 265/208.5/165 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

If you have been working out you will have firmed up and consequently gotten smaller. Muscle takes up a lot less room than fat!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 15:38
overeasy

Plan: No grains/sugar/alcohol
Stats: 221/175.4/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Well, everyone thinks I weigh 130lbs, which makes me laugh out loud. Even though I have only lost a couple pounds in the past month, I still went down 2 pants sizes.

YAY LC!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%

That's what I want to do if my weight loss stalls (and it probably will cause everybody else's does).

Charlie Girl
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 16:04

Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%

When I got on Atkins I only lost had an additional 10 (which is almost the remainder of what I was needing to lose 142- 132) but I got down to a size (6) I have never been even when I had weighed less on the scale in years past when eating low-fat.

I was a size 10 when I started Atkins ... so tho I only lost 10 lbs. I lost 4 SIZES!

That in itself convinced me to stick with the program for as long as I have.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 16:23

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

I understand what you mean! The jeans I am now wearing are Very Very Loose compared to last summer and I don't weigh myself except when I go to the Dr. so I only go by how the clothes are fitting! Inches count so much more that what the scales say! I don't want to buy a size smaller until these things are WAY TOO BIG...I know I have lost 50 lbs I couldn't wear these Jeans then. When I was weighing I would get discouraged thinking I should be dropping more sizes. But like others have said our body changes with exercise and repositioning itself and etc....
No one believes I weigh 201 they always think around 160 or so...It is funny in a way but it does make you feel better!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 20:03

Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%

you know, i'm glad i asked this question. when i was really depressed about my weight and not thinking i was losing anything, i was. how many times on this board do we learn not to depend on the scale?!?! i'm gonna have to throw mine away! 'cause i was probably losing when i didn't think i was.

thanks for the help guys!! and more stories are greatly appreciated!!
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 22:08

Stats: 221/200/121 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 21%

Good Question...
I've only lost 7 lbs., but I dropped a whole size! I think you may be on to something, maybe we should ALL throw
away our scales.

Keep your chin up, the scale WILL catch up.