Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 21:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'4"
BF:49/24/??
Progress: 0%
Default Boob Job

I haven't even got to 1/2 way and I am seriously considering getting a boob job, losing almost 40 lbs and before that breast feeding my daughter for 22 month's has not done my chest any good, yes I like the results everywhere else, but I am wondering if anyone is seriously considering or has had a lift?

Also is their any special exercises for tighting the muscle of the chest to help lift my poor babies up a little?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 21:55

Stats: 252/155/120 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 73%

I hear ya.I'm not even to goal yet and I wonder how much I'll have left?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 00:46

Stats: 195/148/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I understand how you feel!! The combo of pregnancy and weight loss is bound to do a number on the 'ol boobs. Everywhere I've researched said it is the pregnancy that actually causes the sag, and not the BFing. I am still BFing my 2 yo and dread how they will look after he weans (I know it won't be pretty).

If I had the money, I would consider getting a lift after I'm done having kids. If you have the funds, go for it!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 04:22

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

I agree that it's the pregnancy that causes the problems! That's where all the physical changes happen; what the baby does doesn't cause any damage. But now that I'm done nursing my 6 kids and losing weight (slowly!) they're soooo saggy and getting smaller again. Dh is fine w/ it, so I won't worry about having the breasts of a 20 yo when I'm in my 40's!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 164/146.0/135 Female 64 in
BF:38.5/31/20
Progress: 62%

When I am finished having children I will be first in line for the boob lift!

Mine were never perky to begin with, I was a D in 8th grade and haven't passed the pencil test since 11th grade.

After 1st pg, my full D, became a very long D.
With weight lose the D is even longer (nipples pointing down).

You can stengthen your pecs to give a little lift, but this does nothing for fullness.

In response to Sara, I would love the boobs of 40 y/o instead of those of an 80 y/o!

Happy LCing,
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 06:50
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I've got the opposite of Sara — the boobs of a 40 year old (or older) and I'm in my 20s! The weight loss has made them super-saggy and instead of getting smaller, they're just getting longer. I've thought about a lift when I get to goal and have maintained for a while, but I'll be having babies in a few years anyway and it makes sense to wait until after I'm done with child-bearing. If I can ever afford it, that is, plus I hear it's a pretty radical surgery with some major scars.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:06
Sexifying me

Plan: one pound at a time plan
Stats: 242/242/199 Female 5'4
BF:dont want to know
Progress: 0%

I hear ya! My boobs are such a nasty site, and I was looking into the breast lift online the other day gatering all the info I need, and seeing pics of people who have had them done. I have had two children, and have lost almost 45 pounds now, and this is not helping the way they look. I might seriouslly consiuder this when I reach goal.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:11

Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had a reduction about a year before starting my LC journey. At the time I was wearing a DDD and should have been wearing something bigger. They were really horrible looking The reduction took me down to a nice full C. Now that I am losing weight, they look a lot more proportionate and are still very nice and perky. I have not lost any weight in my breasts, I assume because the reduction removed all the fatty tissue. It definitely made me feel better about my chest - I recommend it!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:18
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

I've also been starging to look into getting a breast lift. I've never minded having large breasts (about a 42 DD), but I'd love to actually have them up where they belong.

Does anyone know the approximate cost of the surgery?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:26

Stats: 136/129/118 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

I'm looking into getting a boob job done when I'm at goal. My breasts shrank to flat pancakes and I look like a little girl. In themeantime I'm using mastectomy pads.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:27

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

ROFL on this post. I've never passed the pencil test either, but mostly it's because no one makes a pencil long enough to go from one to the other....

I *might* consider something on that order when I get to goal. I have a decent pair of DDs and I don't want them to take anythign out necessarily, just tighten up the skin. I want to have anotgher baby, tho, so have to wait til after that, after I get back into shape again, etc. I'm actually not having much trouble with sagging... yet?

Cheers,

Friday
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 09:37
«º°¤§µgä&§pïcꤰº»

Plan: LC Paleo/IF
Stats: 185/161/142 Female 66 inches (5'6")
BF:All over
Progress: 56%

Count me in on that idea! Problem is I don't know if I would stop at just getting the boobs done. Pregnancy can really do damage to a womans body. After 3 boys....the weight gain from the pregnancies..and now the weight loss...not only do I have to change my clothes size to smaller..but, the left over skin too!! Not a pretty sight I tell ya!

Maybe I should be more accepting of myself? I mean my partner thinks I look great and he is pleased (only thing he doesn't want shrinking is my butt! LoL). I just think breast are a woman's idea (propaganda is to blame here) of what makes us feminine..what gives us confidence. I've seen lots of tv shows...of women getting the "boob job"...and what they notice the most afterwards..besides the pain...is the level of confidence they have.
It's just the way society protrays women...men go through the same thing...but, below the navel.LoL Tons of products out there for enhancement that cost money and don't work.

So anyways..anyone find out how much it costs?
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 11:11

Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

What did the left boob say to the right boob?
"We have to get some support Honey, or someone will think we are a couple of nuts!"
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 11:45

Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

I'm definitely considering it. If my husband would agree with me that is. He says he won't like how they'll feel. I say he'll get used to it. I don't know why any man in their right mind whould prefer a sagging B cup to a perky full C but whatever. If I come up with the money I'm having them done no matter what.

I've had three children and nursed all of them and some might say the pregnancy does it but I disagree I think its the breastfeeding. When I was Pg they didn't get very big but nursing they were a D. Everyone is different I guess, but in my case it was definitely the nursing.

And to your exercise question. Yes lifting weights Definitely makes all the difference.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-04, 11:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 237/182/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

I did have a breast reduction done before starting LCing. I would certainly advise waiting until you are at goal weight before doing this, since the surgeon will want to make everything as proportionate as he or she can, and you might as well have the body you want before deciding about the breast size you want.

The amount of tissue that must be removed (which is of course different for everyone) will usually dictate which procedure will be used; the keyhole incision is designed for a less-radical reduction in which the nipple and areola remain attached to the underlying tissue and are moved up higher on the breast skin, in the round part of the keyhole. The excess tissue and skin are removed and the incisions are closed around the areola, down the front "seam", and under the body of the breast in a sort of semi-circle. The other method is to reshape the breast as above, removing excess breast tissue and fat, but then to resect the nipple and areolar tissue by removing and re-grafting them onto the breast in a new spot without leaving them attached inside. I believe that plastic surgeons are less willing to do this as there is always the danger of tissue death with a graft (the tissue is literally cut off from its blood supply, after all, and must re-establish itself). As far as I remember this method is used only when the "gentler" keyhole incision cannot -- perhaps amount of tissue to be removed?

The post-op recovery time is short (mine was day surgery with an overnighter -- in before breakfast, home the next morning after breakfast, strapped and gauzed and bra'ed) but the incisions took weeks to heal and there was some breakdown of the tissue under each breast where the vertical and horizontal incisions met, which meant more scar tissue there. The scarring is quite visible (unlike an augmentation, say) and extends around under the armpit area so that revealing dresses or tops can actually reveal those scars.

There are also risks associated with general anaesthesia that you want to consider carefully; I don't know that I thought about it as much as I should have done. There have been cases quite recently of women dying after undergoing cosmetic surgery -- the author of "The First Wives' Club" and Micheline Charest, co-founder of Cinar Inc. Not to say that anyone would have trouble, but it is statistically possible.

Having said all that, I am happy that I had the BR done. I can run now without extreme discomfort (actually, I should say that I could run -- but usually I don't....) and my chronic neck/shoulder/back pain is gone. My shirts also button up properly, even without bust darts (yes, I previously had to put those into even man-tailored shirts.) I went from a DD or DDD cup to a C cup. I am in Canada, so this was considered a therapeutic and medically-mandated procedure and as such covered under provincial health insurance. There was no out of pocket expense for me (except for Advil and new bras!) But it is serious surgery and like all such should be examined warily and at length.

Good luck!