Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 17:52
Honoured to be here

Plan: atkins
Stats: 302/263/210 Male 6' 1"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Quick Answer - Please!!!

as u all know i'm new to this, and am about to spend £50 or so on things from a shop i got the link to on here...

my question is, are the LC products OK for induction, i dont wanna blow it in my first week???

a quick answer will be VERY much appreciated guys, I really wanna do this, and the products I am ordering WILL help me...

all the best..

Tony
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:28
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

The answer to that is under debate here. Some people say to do a clean induction-no low carb products at all, only whole foods. Others say that the new edition of Dr. Atkins' book (and the website) has some low carb products that are cleared for induction.

You might want to list what you are ordering. You get get more specific advice that way.

In my personal opinion, I did a clean induction-no products and it was a pretty successful induction. It is only for two weeks and then you can add the occasional product in. The point of induction, for me, was to detox my body and start to learn a whole new way of eating-not to just substitute low carb versions of the foods that got me in trouble in the first place. I do eat some low carb products now, but only once in a while.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 20:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Hi and welcome to the forum
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 05:01
Honoured to be here

BF:
Default heres what i ordered...

Flaxomeal - Butter Pecan
Sugar Free Fruit Medley
Sugar Free Jelly Bears
LC Ice Cream Mix - Chocolate
WaldensTomato Ketchup
Salad Dressing - Thousand Island
Multivitamin for Men
Ketostix
LC Pudding Mix - Caramel
Dietline Mashed Potato Mix
Barbeque Sauce - Original
Dietline Crackers
Waldens Farm Honey/Mustard Dip

some of them NO CARB, the rest very low, i'll await advice from you guys, but i never planned to gorge on these, just as a treat..

thanks again..

Tony

p.s. just completed my first week, lost 14 lb so far
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 05:06
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I did a clean induction with an 18 pound loss.

I gained 8 back for celebrating with chinese food. But still, 18 pounds in first 2 weeks is good.

I'd go for clean induction.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 05:10
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

Hi and welcome to the forum!!

You are in the perfect spot for support and motivation!! If you haven't done so, start a journal so we can all stop by and visit.

I agree w/ Lily I'd go a clean induction as well. I have done it clean and again w/ LC products. The results were better doing it clean. And I felt better.

Best of luck to ya!

Hugs~
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 17:25
Honoured to be here

BF:

cheers all will do all i can to resist the goodies i bought til next monday when my induction is over...

found an ace off the shelf curry sauce yesterday in my local store here in the UK, 4g carbs per 100g serving, and i can tell u after a hard day at work, a load of chicken and some stir fry veggies it was absoltely lovely..

not so sure if i'm allowed this sorta sauce on induction, but as i now have some ketotix to check on my levels i'll soon know...

all the best..

Tony

p.s. also just bought myself some new scales, so it must be serious this time
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 05:46

Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Tony,

I did a fairly clean induction although I did use low-carb syrup and jam. I bought a bunch of stuff about a week ago to just put some treats in the cupboard. It's mainly a psychological thing because I han't actually had any yet but it's nice knowing they're there if I crave anything Try and stay away until induction is over. Be careful with some things as they taste horrible!! Unfortunately you don't know until you've spent about a fiver on it
Also if you're a bit of an ice-cream junkie like me I would recommend an ice-cream maker as that way you get to make your own yummy ice-creams and sorbets I bought one for only £20 and have made some gorgeous coffee ice cream. I'm hoping to do some more experimenting this summer.
Good Luck,
Tammy