Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 23:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

I really like Value Village...it's one of the better thrift stores around here. Right now, at the ones near me (Washington state) if you buy some clothes, they will give you some coupons for 10% off. I believe they'll stop handing out the coupons later in April.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 23:23
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I got the same coupons when I went and ours are good until May 10.
I will be heading back there around May 1st to see what I can find but this time I will NOT be taking my youngest son. I think he bought every power ranger in the place he found. LOL.
Value Village is an awesome store for finding good but inexpensive clothes
while losing weight. I would not want to buy clothes at retail right now since i will not be wearing them all that long.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 00:21
Registered Member

Stats: 390/330/140 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I have gone from a size 30 to a 26/28 category. I have taken off 8 inches from my rear end in the last three months. My underwear has gotten where they are just about to fall off of me so I've got to go get more!!! I have lost 7 inches in my waist too. Sure getting alot of compliments and i really like that. Tammy
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 06:54
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Yes! I've had to buy some, but not too much, stuff up until now, but I still had the clothes from 5 years ago when I got down to 218. But they were all winter clothes. Getting dressed this past week has been hard because it seems like all I have to choose from are brown or black sweaters and the weather is too nice for that!

I have a couple of spring/summer blouses I can wear, but I need a few more and maybe a pair of summer weight pants too (I'm lucky, I can wear jeans to work a few days a week). I'm cheaper than heck when it comes to buy clothes, so hopefully I'll be able to find some good deals.

Valerie
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 07:02
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I have been shopping but not alot. My first buy was a new pair of jeans size 20 from a 26. I wore my 26 till they were literally falling off my hips. When not even a belt would keep them up I bought the size 20. I won't buy new pants till these start doing the same thing. Luckily I've got pants in the closet that were once to small to wear that now fit so I don't have to go shopping anywhere but my own closet.

Shirts, all the one's in the closet where either tight or too small. Now they fit. So again, I shop in my closet. I've recently (last week) bought 2 new shirts, a size large for the first time in 8 years. So that was exciting. See gallery for the velvet pic, that's one of the new shirts.

The thing with me is, I knew someday I would be ready to start losing weight and have kept clothes from when I was thinner. So I won't have to go shopping much. Oh I did buy a size 16 pants to motivate me to fit in them. But I'm still a couple of months off from wearing those. But I will.

Bras, they are lose but still fit. I also have a few from a lesser weight so I'll use those before I go off to buy more.

The plan is to reach goal and then go on a shopping spree. I refuse to buy a new wardrobe every time I lose a dress size.

Good luck to all and keep up the good work.

#21   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 09:06

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

I don't have any clothes I can fit into except some I got at this 'free' yard sale. I got a few smaller sized shirts that will be good for that but it's still a long way off before I can fit into them. Pants...not a single one I can fit into after these. I do have to buy another pair really soon...my sister said try cutting a triangle out and sewing it but I looked at how that would look and it didn't look right, even if I did it on both sides...

does anyone else cut and sew their elastic pants when they no longer fit?
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-16-04, 14:57

Plan: my own
Stats: 297/159/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
I have nothing left from this size except a spring coat that is completely out of style but it's so far out of style that I'm sure nobody knows what kind of style it was supposed to be..

This cracked me up - I know just what you mean. Yesterday I was out briefly to take my taxes to the P.O. and it made me smile to realize my top was from 1987 and my pants were from 1980.

I've done my best to "mine" my closets but it's still an expensive proposition! I'm going to have to locate one of those thrift shops. That way when I make mistakes I won't mind as much. Like the cinnamon-colored sweater with long sleeves that flare at the wrists, that makes me look like an utter idiot. I'm not very good at this yet

-DusterCat
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-17-04, 10:07
Elevator, Going Down

Plan: Natalia Rose Detox
Stats: 264/241/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I just want to second the idea of gently used clothes.

I have been a big fan of ebay clothes... but I wanted to point out that shipping has gone up, so if you live in or near a city you might want to check out a thrift store.

We have one called savers that I really like.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 18:00

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I have only 1 pair of shorts that arent tooo big..and I mean WAYYY too big! I started this in August so I was at my biggest in my last summers clothes... even the elastic waist ones will fall to the floor..now thats progress! the only pair of shorts I have that fit are the tear away type...isnt thay crazy?

ANYWAY...I am going to attempt to make myself some sun dresses, skorts and shorts...we'll see...lol I've never made myself clothes before but I make all of my daughters clothes... both kids need summer clothes SO, I'd better get sewing.

The other thing I've been thinking about is cutting my jeans to be shorts..there no point in NOT doing it as they wont fit me come winter anyway!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 19:08
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

I just noticed something odd today. I put on a pair of 16W pants -- the waist fit because it's partially elastic but the hips were gigantic. I wore them anyway because I had nothing else ready to wear.

But this means --- I am not a WOMAN any more -- I am a MISS!! I think even the 14W would be baggy in the butt!! Woohoo!! The misses 16 fits perfectly. And at the ripe age of 51, being called a miss instead of a woman can never hurt!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 21:33

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

WTG Louise!!

I did go to Value Village (and Goodwill) and got an assortment of pants and shirts for very good prices - some that just barely fit, and some that won't fit for a few weeks. By then what I have will be falling off completely , and will be ready to be cycled to them. I also got 10% off coupons from the Value Village - good until May 9th, so it looks like another shopping trip is ahead for the end of the month. I just remembered I'll need a spring/summer jacket that actually fits!

Quote:
does anyone else cut and sew their elastic pants when they no longer fit?

Yes, I used to, but I have to do agree with others, I'm aiming to never have to wear them again!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 22:10
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Cdn
WTG Louise!!

I also got 10% off coupons from the Value Village - good until May 9th, so it looks like another shopping trip is ahead for the end of the month.

I have a *boatload* of those darn coupons from Value Village. I will be using some of them to get myself a few things when I go on April 30 but since i have over 30 of them I cannot see myself using them all.

I will probably hand the extras out to ppl in the store when I feel I am done shopping.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Apr-18-04, 23:15

Stats: 290/230/130 Female 65 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 38%

No new clothes for a while - I've got a closet of about 5 sizes to go through first!!!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 06:20

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

Yes, I have dropped two full sizes :-)
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 08:56

Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

I've gone through lots of sizes since starting Atkins. Fortunately, I had clothes from previous dieting (WW) until a few months ago. Right now I'm smaller than I've been in years so I have bought a few things. I really think wearing clothes that fit and are supportive helps the skin sag less.