Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 04:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default What type of time frame should I expect

I've been wondering what type of time frame should I be expecting to lose all of my excess weight. I know some people have lost 70lbs in 1 year and others have lost 6 lbs in six months in months.
I know I could go by the theory that if I lost 1 lb a week it would take me x amount of weeks but you have to take into account stalls in your weight loss and some weeks you may lose more than other weeks and even gain some weeks.

So to any one outthere who have lost the majority of there excess weight how long did it take you??

And how long should I expect to take to lose my excess weight I've lost 24 lbs since Jan 12th 14weeks but I haven't lost any thing in the last 3 weeks.

Please no scientific calculations just personal experience

Thanks

Dumbletore
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 05:11

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

Expect weight los to slow down after a bit. 1-2lbs loss a week is average
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 05:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

hi, there .

I see in your journal you are doing induction again..are you doing it clean? That will help (meaning absolutely no mars bars or alcohol - sorry, couldn't resist)...anyway, I find that I am losing about 2 pounds a week, and am about halfway to goal - but I have to dirnk a TON of water every day, and find that the more salad I eat, the better the loss...just an idea...good luck, it sucks being stalled, and I feel for ya!!

teresa
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 07:13

Plan: Atkins / OWL
Stats: 260/208/190 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 74%

The official line is that you can expect to lose 10% of the weight you want to lose during induction, and 5% per MONTH after that.

Thusly, if you have 20 pounds to lose, you can expect 2 pounds during induction, and 1 pound per month after that, and a rough timeline of 18 months.

This is heavily dependent on metabolism, how much you indulge on LC treats, exercise, and water intake.

Since you said you didn't want any science -- I'll just add my $0.02. I find this is easiest if I don't care how long it takes, but instead just commit myself to this way of eating. Then, if I don't lose anything for three weeks (or months), it's not that discouraging because I'm not doing anything different from my usual routine.

As long as you're trying to be healthy, the rate of weight loss, in my opinion, is not important.

H
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 07:23

Stats: 250/205/180 Female 69 in
BF:
Progress: 64%

I'm going on about 8 mos... I lost 25 lbs over the first 2 mos. Then it dropped off a little slower....

HOWEVER, I introduced Atkins bread and other frankenfoods in my third/fourth months. In my fifth month, after losing virtually nothing in a while, I went back to induction. Lost 10 pounds in 3.5 weeks.

I think the lesson I learned is this: when you get hardcore with your discipline (exercise/water/supplements/induction foods), you will get the best results. Hands down.

To some degree, the timeframe is really in your own control. You won't lose that huge chunk of weight that you did during induction again. That's generally a one-shot deal... or from what I can tell by reading everyone else's posts!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 07:30
Sexifying me

Plan: one pound at a time plan
Stats: 242/242/199 Female 5'4
BF:dont want to know
Progress: 0%

I have lost more than 40 in a little more than 3 months, but of course not everyone will see those results. I would say 1-2 pounds per week is typical, untless you are stalling.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-04, 12:57

Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresamay
hi, there .

I see in your journal you are doing induction again..are you doing it clean? That will help (meaning absolutely no mars bars or alcohol -

but I have to dirnk a TON of water every day, and find that the more salad I eat, the better the loss...just an idea...good luck, it sucks being stalled, and I feel for ya!!

teresa

Yep doing induction even harsher than before (must get me one of those cheat free symbols )

Drinking so much water I'll think I'll just get a hose and attach it to the toilet and carry it around with me the hose that is