Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 05:32

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:
Default ***Thats It***

Thats it for my First challenge

Today was my last day of the challenge, and I splept in. Would normally get up at 6:00 and in the gym for 6:30 to do the 20min HIIT, slept in till 6:45

Still in there by 7:15, 20 minutes later all done

Main points,

BF went from 17% to 12.9%, I really want to get down to 8% but sometimes difficult to know what is achievable in 12 weeks (particularly on the first challenge) and I am certainly not dissapointed in that result.

My weight has gone from 12½ stone (175lbs) to 12 stone (168lbs), didn't really want to drop weight being 6' 3", but again didn't really know what to expect on the first challenge. Goal for next challenge to gain more muscle.

Waist has gone from 34" down to 32½", which is brilliant. That is where the fat was beginning to gather and was the part that was really bugging me.

Starting to see muscle definition everywhere, including the upper abs area, just need to lose more fat from the lower area to see them (thats for the next challenge).

My lifting weights haven't increased dramatically, but still hitting 10s. Have tried on occasion to increase weights but then the form starts to suffer, so I'll stick with what is achievable.

Cardio has improved significantly, I have to say that I only do 1 20min HIIT workout, the other 2 are 1 hour Body Combat classes which I really enjoy and get a great workout from. Being asthmatic I used to take medicine prior to a Body Combat class and at least once during it, the past couple of weeks I have only been taking it before the class and have not needed it during or after the class So not only do I feel I am fitter in the cardio area I also have a measure to prove it.

Other observations:

I have found it really easy to stick to both the training schedule and the eating. In the 12 weeks I missed only 1 LBWO (and that was week10) and have not faltered on the eating at all. I've had my cravings occasionally but just tell myself that I don't need it, my body is getting enough fuel from the 6 meals. And it usually only an hour or two till the next feeding time at the zoo.

Still don't drink enough water (and I work for a water utility too )

Weeks 8 and 10 I felt really exhausted 1 to 2 days into the week, watch out for this but just push through it.

My waist measurement didn't move at all until the end of week 10, so don't get despondent if it doesn't happen right away, it will happen.

So what next,

take a week off, except Body Combat. It is a change of the routine next week, good timing, so you never really push it whilst learning the new routine and that will be about it no weights at all.

Starting new challenge on Sunday 11 April which means I will finish challenge 2 2 weeks before my holidays.

Taking voluntary redundancy from my current employment 1 week before my holidays and setting up my own Web Hosting company so new starts all round for me.

Week after I come back from my hols, beginning of August, I start a 12 week full time course for a diploma in Personal Training, so should be kicking off 3rd challenge at the same time.

Gonna be busy.

Good luck to everyone with their challenges and stick in.

Mike
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 07:47
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Hi Mike,

Congratulation! Wow, you had great results. That is very impressive and great news about the asthma getting better. You've done the work to make it happen.

Also want to say good luck on your new ventures. It sounds like life is getting very exciting for you.

Arnie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: bfl
Stats: 232.5/218.0/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Wooooooo hoooooooo!!! Way to go. You should be proud of yourself. 12weeks done!!!!!! Inspirational.

Kristen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:31

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 145/108/112 Female 5'6
BF:pregnantEDD5/12/05
Progress: 112%
Default Yay!

Great job!

I am amazed that you had so much control with your eating and workouts! It must feel so wonderful to make it all the way through knowing you gave it your best!

Your results are fantastic! The changes in your waist are great! You must be really happy.

Funny how you work for the water company, and yet you don't drink enough.

Have fun on your week off. I am looking forward to seeing your results from C2.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 10:41
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Congratulations--great accomplishment!

And that's very good news about the asthma. I have exercise-induced asthma myself, and I found that mine improved a lot when I started the HIIT.

Best of luck with your new endeavors!

Emily
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 07:28

Plan: BFL
Stats: 167/162/167 Male 6'3
BF:13%/10.4%/10%
Progress:

Thanks for all the kind words.

Looking forward to my week off
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 19:57

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Great results, Mike! I'll be enjoying my week off, too. Nice to have the week off to get used to the time change.

Jen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 01:34

Plan: none atm. bfl mostly
Stats: 128/115/103 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 52%

congrats mike
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 01:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/171/150 Male 167 cm
BF:36%/30%/12%
Progress:

10 Weeks for waist change, let me write a note .....

Done! Thanks for the intel