Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 04:46

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Default Protein Power Pals - Wednesday - April-7

Good morning all...I will talk to you later as I am going to bed now....LOL
Easter lily
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 05:48

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

Good morning, Pals.

I hope all of you are well. I got TOM early and am now struggling with what to do with my day now that I am cramping and cranky.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Paris
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 06:42

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Good morning!!

Well, I am off to the dentist then the gym......wish me luck I will let you know how it goes!!

Robin
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 06:48

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Good morning early birds - and late nighter

I won't be around today - off to celebrate mom's birthday....
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 08:37
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:

Paris...Take some deep breaths.. accept that you are cranky.. ( lol.. do I sound like a new age guru?)

Actually, I don't deal w/TOM anymore, havent for years.. and never really had mood issues w/that time, when I did.. but I can relate to the crankiness that I get when my sugars are whacked.. and I have found that being nice to myself, pampering myself, taking some mini breaks during the attitude crunch, and does help.

Renee-enjoy the time w/ your mom!! I tend to lean to your observation, that the shifts in who we are to each other, is probably more pronounced among women to women relationships, because we are so relationship oriented, men are activity oriented. (for the most part!)

Unity-sleep well! Congrats on your weight loss!

Same to you Michelle-awesome.. I cant wait to see my scales under that 200 marker!

Robin-what a combo..dentist and the gym.. new fitness program you have going there?

Bawdy-thanks for sharing that excerpt, it was very well written, and really pinpoints that whole issue! Kind of a 'ahhh...haaa..' as you read it thing.

Elaine-I use charter cable..but I have used bellsouth dsl in the past, currently I have a cable package that includes my internet, so that is why I went w/ them, one bill, thats all ( feel like a insurance company commercial...!)

Dawn-keep up the good work...after your body calms down..expect a whoosh fairy soon!

( giggles.. ) oh..wait, that last one was for me... I needed the pep talk!

Kudos, hugs, and hellos to everyone!

Love and Laughter,
Dawn

#6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 08:57

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

hello everyone!!

seems like it is a busy day for all of us!!!

just wanted to say hi!!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 09:52

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning. I jinxed myself, started spotting last night I knew I had that b!tchy feeling for a reason...thought it was just PMS as it is approaching. This is my last cycle on the pills and I must say I will be glad to be off them. I just don't like how I feel physically on them.

Yesterday's menu:

B - 1 cup morning starts cereal, 2/3 cup CCD 2% milk, coffee w/H&H splenda

L - 4 oz packaged gilled chicken strips heated w/2 TBS lc bbq sauce in a lc tortilla, 2 cups leafy romaine, 5 grape tomatos, almond accents, light blasamic vinegar dressing, 15 pisachios (last of the bag..won't be bringing those to work anymore ) 44 oz diet pepsi

S - 2/3 carbwise bar

Gym - 45 minutes elliptical machine

S - before dinner so I didn't eat everything in sight snack 1 inch square of leftover LC pizza

D - 1 stuffed chicken breast (schwans), 1.5 cups mixed cauliflower/broccoli w/ 2 pats butter

Dessert - 1/2 cup SF butter almond ice cream

Elaine - So glad to hear that the labs were all good

Have a great day
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 10:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Wednesday

Hi everyone!
I'm back! Sure have missed all of you!

I've been visiting my parents who live in Oak Ridge,TN. My Mom has terminal cancer so I try to get over there as often as possible. She is starting to have some pretty rough days painwise and depression-wise and some days can not get out of bed. I think things are beginning to get beyond the point that can be handled by my Dad (who is 82) alone. I may be going over to stay for awhile.....
Anyway, I did all the cooking for them while there (boy! was that a treat for them! ) so managed to keep things pretty well on track. They are used to eating the first frozen frankenfood that can be easily reached in the freezer and it is a challenge to get my Mom to eat at all.

Glad to be back!
Hope everyone here is doing well!

Kat

PS. Just had to let you know that I just received a brand new Cherokee bathing suit that I bought off eBay for $3 (+$2 shipping). I'm so excited...it fits great and I was a bit apprehensive about getting something without trying it on! I am always on the lookout for cheap bathing suits because the chemicals in the warm water therapy pool where I have my water aerobics class EATS bathing suits at a startling rate! I usually go through at least 2-3 a year!

Last edited by katlynweb : Wed, Apr-07-04 at 11:00.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 11:56
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:

oooooh.. I want to do h2o-bics! WHEN to do fit what in! I swear, my days just cant fit another thing!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 12:44

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

i know what you mean dawn, i keep trying to fit in a yoga class!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 13:52

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi all. Just a few minutes ago, I couldn't get on here, b/c this site said the server was busy. That's never happened before. Maybe it's just getting to be a very popular place to hang out??

I just wanted to shout a quick hello to everyone, and give a short update. Today will be my 4th cardio day this week. Yesterday's workout was surprisingly more tolerable than I expected and I am actually semi-looking forward to today. Weight is holding at 149, but it is also TOM. I am also really taking some things Bawdy has said to heart and considering doing CAD again, now that I am under control again. I don't like to jump back and forth a lot, but I agree that 2 or 3 weeks isn't enough time to really tell how well something is working. Also, while on vacation, I cannot honestly say that I was on-plan. My restaurant dinners were too large and too carby, and I cannot expect to maintain when not following. I had to come back and cut carbs to get control again. It wasn't happening on my reward meals. But now I feel completely stable again and am thinking of trying it again, and doing it right this time. I feel so fickle! I almost didn't even post this b/c I'm afraid I will just change my mind again in the future. Anyway, this is my current mental state, however messed up it may be. Time to go work out!!!!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 14:18

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

bad news..TOM came to visit....
Good news I think the whoosh fairy did too...down anouther 1 1/2 Lb = 4 Lb in 5 days...
* doing the happy dance*
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 17:05

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

It sounds like a lot of us are on TOM right now. I wonder if it's that whole thing about women's cycles acclamating to each others.

Working out was sooooooo hard today. I had no motivation. DBF had to practically drag me kicking and screaming. The only machine that I could palate was the bike, so I did 20 minutes on that. My heart rate was up, so I guess I will still getting the same benefit, but I kinda feel like I was slacking off. Oh well, the heart rate doesn't lie, and all workouts aren't going to be great. In the past, I would never have even gone today, so I should focus on what a big deal it is that I pushed through.

Kat-Good to see you. Post whenever you can. Sounds like you have your hands full being a wonderful daughter. That's exciting about the bathing suit. I just got one last week from an outlet store, one of those Miracle suits, that makes me look a heck of a lot better than I actually do Hey, no one has to know but me, right?

Unity-Great job on all the losing! You are doing great.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 17:32

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Unity - good job!

I went to the chiroprator this morning. Sure made my back feel better. I'm going to go in once a week for a few weeks. That should take care of it for a while.

I'm really hoping I start feeling better tomorrow. My parents will be here tomorrow night, and my mom likes to do a lot of running around and shopping. I need energy!
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 20:29

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Well it was back to the gym for the first time in months, and it went well. I did a different workout, more of a circuit. Basically, 2 exercises per body part for 2 sets - 1st set 15 reps, 2nd set 12 reps with a heavier weight, and until failure. You go one round of chest/back, then repeat, and so on for shoulders, triceps, and biceps. It was different, and challenging as there was no rest between exercises, only between circuits. I thought I would be much weaker than I was, but I could still lift quite a bit So, next time I will up the weights.

Dawn...haha!! Dentist was no fun, especially since I will need 2 crowns Oh well, I guess it could have been worse!!

I upped my carbs today to about 50, not counting veggies. I will probably throw a few more in there. I am still afraid to add too many since I have been doing so well as it is now.

Robin