Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 05:33

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Monday, April 5

Good morning! Rise and shine!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 05:41

BF:

My first day of "clean PP" went well. I was a little hungry at bedtime, but stuck it out and didn't have anything I didn't plan on. Today will be similar, food-wise. I'll post tonight.

And, drumroll please . . . down to 166 this morning. This tells me that the 168 for the past few days was water retention, but why would I be retaining water?

And, another drumroll please . . . no wine or alcohol all week! (Well, maybe one sip of DH's one night.)

I think clean PP will work well for me. I'm still reading on the CALP board, thought. An awful lot of people have lost serious pounds on the plan. I've asked several what they typically eat, and they mention pizza, desserts, etc. Some are losing a steady 2 pounds a week!

I guess it just goes to show that everyone is different. I just felt lousy for the two weeks I tried it -- carb fog?

It's embarrassing, though, to give up on a plan after only two weeks because (in my best whiney voice) "I don't feel good." People say that all the time about Atkins, for example, and I've always felt like saying (in my best drill instructor voice) "Suck it up, Marine! It will pass!"

At least I can say the CALP is now in my repertoire. It didn't work for me this time, but maybe another time it will. Such is life.

On a personal note, my friend at work sold my car for me yesterday! I'm going in to work late this morning so I can stop at the bank and pick up the title from the safety deposit box. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner -- after all, I knew it would be sold sometime. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Have a great day! I'll try to pop in tonight again.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 06:21

BF:

I said . . .

WAKE UP!

Don't make me come in there!

#4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:25
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Bawdy...

Don't be embarassed..I think its wise of you to listen to your body.. and if it was making you feel like crap..maybe it would have kicked in and 'worked' eventually.. but............in the meantime... you would not feel your optimum best, and you have alot going on right now, to not be feeling up to par.

Congrats on the: no wine.. (grins) and selling your car!!

Hi to everyone.........

off and running..sunny day.. chilly..but nice..
2 hours training this morning..
class this afternoon,
Couple massage tonite-outcall.. first time carting the table in my new car..

Wont be home til probably near 9.. have a great day!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:56

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu was not LC yesterday - I did a very intense hike and didn't want to risk having a problem with the KUD in the middle of nowhere.

Weight was 175 lbs this AM - legs are tender and swollen from hike. Skin on legs is tight so they are retaining water.

Couldn't possibly enter this in FitDay

Breakfast:
8 egg beater omelet with 3 oz cheddar
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
about 40% of a Banquet Homestyle ham / Cheese Bake dinner (contained potatoes)
1.5 cup LC mixed veggies -steamed

Snack - about 1 lb of trail mix & 3 ozs of beef jerky

Dinner: (stir-fry)
Wendy's spinach - chicken salad with ranch dressing - ate croutons

About 150 oz water & 30 ozs coffee

Exercise: 8.6 mile hike over rough terrain with 10 lb pack
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Good Morning everyone!

I'm finally feeling better from my bladder infection. Geez, I was just miserable! I'm glad that's over.

I didn't feel like eating while I was sick. I did eat some, but not as much as I should of, so I need to weigh, cause I feel thinner.

I went to a family picnic Saturday. My husbands family. They had a carmel cake that smelled sooo good. I was strong and didn't have any. My sil doesn't like me dieting, so she brought over a great big piece of the cake later. I know she thought I'd eat it, but my dh ate it! lol, I don't know why she can't just be happy for me that I'm loosing weight. I'm always happy for others that loose weight. I know she wants to loose some weight, but she's never dieted, just skipped meals and then she lost a lot with phen phen. Aw well.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 10:47
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Song.. some people just cant face others doing what they know they should be doing, so while they sabatoge themselves, they also will sabatoge others..

Some on purpose, some subconsiously..

Just smile and do like you did!

My mom: sent me an easter package.............

Peeps and Jelly beans.

Sugar... Sugar..

Anyone hear the words I am DIABETIC? Need I say more?

I love her. buttttttttttttttttt..fill in the blank..ok..off to afternoon classes.. stopped in to grab some lunch..
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 10:50

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

down a pound...may it stay where it went
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 14:22

Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone!

I am at 148.5 today, start day of TOM, which is where I was last month at this time. Traditionally this is my highest weight day of the month, so that is encouraging to me.

Bawdy-I'm the one who feels embarassed! Here I go and parade in here about how wonderful CAD is, convince you to change what you are doing and join me, and then give up within 3 weeks. I feel really bad about that. I really do think that CAD does work, but you have to follow the plan, and I was just being too liberal during my RM's. Rather than fixing them, I went back to what I know works, Protein Power. I think I am like you, in that I am not completely writing off CAD, but I just feel like it's not something I can handle right now. Maybe I'll try again this summer? Or maybe I'll see if I can have one CAD per week or month? I haven't decided. Right now all I know is that I need to eat cleanly, 60g of carbs, no breads or sugars till I get back to where I was. Then I can reevaluate whether or not to try it again. I think vacations and too much eating out will do damage no matter what plan you are on.

I still do feel bad, though. I think in the future I am going to keep more things to myself, b/c I don't want to mess up other people's progress.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 16:01

Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Dawn - I had a friend who was very allergic to chocolate and every Valentines Day her dh would give her a big box and she'd end up in the emergency room with him, until a dr asked her dh if he was trying to kill her or what? lol, aw well, at least your mom was thinking about you.

We went to Wal*Mart today to get Easter candy for the kids. I fouund some low carb candy, but I still have a hard time understanding things about this stuff. Here's my question - Ok, the front of the package says 3 grams net carb per serving, the back says - carbs 21 grams (7%) Fiber 2 grams (6%), so you subtract the fiber from the carbs which is 19 grams, but the front of the package says 3 grams?? I've noticed the low carb bars are like this too. So confusing! Oh, the sugar alcohol is 16 grams, I've heard that sugar alcohol is bad?? (These were Sweet'N Low Sugar Free Chocolate Wafer Bars, 3 to a serving, I ate one for now.)

Here's another question - what's everyone fixing for Easter?

We're having -

Ham
Broccoli
Layered green salad, maybe 7 layer salad with something instead of the peas
Jello salad
Corn bread (for the starch addicts)
Cheesey mashed potatoes (for the starch addicts)
Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream, I'm having it without the cake
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 16:23

BF:

Hi, all! Dawn, I'm not embarrassed at all about trying a new plan and then coming "home" to PP. I learned a good lesson. And Wendy, don't feel bad. I know now that it's not for me, at least at this time. Nuff said.

Song, your Easter menu sounds good. We don't celebrate Easter. As a matter of fact, I was in the dry cleaners the other day, and the cashier said "Have a nice holiday next week!" to the person in front of me. I had to ask her what holiday was next week. I thought she was referring to Patriot's Day (a holiday here in New England, and I get the day off) and was going to correct her that it's not until the week after!

Oh well, DH doesn't know what months Halloween and Valentine's Day fall in, and I don't know when Easter is. I guess we deserve each other!

I was driving home and thinking about Elaine. Poor Elaine. She posted yesterday morning about living on the planet Zog because of her meds. Then her post got wiped out in the recover they had to do! She probably thinks she dreamed that she posted to us!

I wrote her back to ask how the weather was on Zog this year. When I was there last Spring (after breaking my back and being on tons of muscle relaxants and pain killers), the sky was a beautiful vermillion and the rose-breasted snapping turtles were winging their way home from their winter hibernation on Gorphin.

#12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 20:05

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Just a quick hello.....very busy day Yesterday was a strange day for me food wise, was hungry all day and didn't make the best choices. Didn't cheat but might as well have I am going into my last week of pills so that could explain alot. Actually, the past three weeks have been the best yet as far as spotting goes...here is hoping

Dawn - My Mom has the same issues as she is also diabetic. My brother always sends food baskets filled with things she can't eat Last year I sent here a basket with all sugarfree goodies....they weren't the greatest but aleast she could eat it

Bawdy - Menu looks good

Wendy - Don't be so hard on yourself

Orang - Missing you

Elaine - Hope you return from the land of Zog soon

Song - Menu looks good, don't know if we are going to a Easter dinner yet.

Unity - Congrats on the pound lost

#13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 05:28

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Bawdy, I am back from Zog.
Ate so much on Sunday when my appetite came back full force that I got sick yesterday and didn't eat anything all day.Maybe it was Planet Carb.
I was back up to 214.5 on the scale yesterday so I assume that is from adding food back into my life. It's starting to get a little nicer in these parts so maybe I can walk outside a little.

Guys, don't beat yourself up about CAD/CALP. You don't know if you don't try. In order to know what works you need to know what doesn't.

Later,guys.