Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 09:53
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Protein Power Pals: Sunday, April 4 (again?)

Wierd.. I did post to my own journal, and some others this morning, and began this thread.. maybe some glitches with the new set up here?

All my witty sayings, gone.. gone..gone..

Oh what a life........what a life............
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:18

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning!!

did everybody remember to set their clocks ahead???

spring ahead!!

i am off to do some grocery shopping and pay some bills. catch you later.

oh, yea, the scale says 199 again!!! wooo hooo. one of these days it will stop saying 200!!!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:23

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Did anyone else have trouble getting on the site this morning? DH left for Vegas this morning, wish I could have gone too. He will be back Wed night. Sun is out today so I don't have that stay in bed feeling. I have been craving pizza for weeks so I decided to make some low carb pizza (deep dish pizza recipe). While very high in fat/calories is was good

Yesterday's menu:

B - morning starts cereal (1.5 servings), 2/3 cup CCD milk, 2 cups coffee w/H&H

L - Before gym - 1 carbwise bar

Gym - 45 minutes elliptical machine

S - 6 pistachios

D - 2 cups mixed greens, 5 grape tomatos, lite blasamic vinegar dressing, 2 large slices deep dish pizza topped w/pepperoni, onion, & red bell pepper

S - 3 spoonfuls SF ice cream

Bawdy -
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 10:25

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

We don't have daylight savings here The only thing that changes here is that all of our shows will now come on at different times
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 11:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

I spent soooo much time this morning writing a post, only to find that it no longer exists!!!! That makes me very mad

Weight is down to 148.5 today. I did my second day of cardio yesterday. It was much harder than the first. The only reason I made it was b/c DBF was there coaching me along. Today and tomorrow will be rest days. I've never made it beyond this point in the past with cardio routines. I'd get motivated but never beyond a couple sessions. I'm curious to see what the results will be if I stick to it this time, both physically mentally. It's going to take everything I have to stay motivated, though.

I read this book yesterday called The Body Code, which basically divides everyone into one of four body types, each with their ideal nutrition/exercise plan. I wasn't expecting much by it, but it seemed interesting, so I gave it a whirl. At first, I thought I was a "warrior" b/c I've always thought that I am a mesomorph, with a fair amount of muscle. I always assumed I wasn't an ectomorph b/c they are skinny or an endomorph, b/c they are usually pear-shaped. After reading all the descriptions however, I decided I was actually a "communicator", to a tee. Communicators are actually ectomorphs, which surprises me, b/c I don't think of myself as thin. But then I read further that overweight communicators take on an apple-shape (yep that's me). So many other characteristics described me as well: long, thin limbs; tendency to take on excess weight in the middle of the body; tendency to be cold all the time; cravings for sugars, caffeine, and grains; blood sugar fluctuations; moodiness; easily irritable; often overachievers. It was crazy how true this all was of me. I guess in a way I am not too surprised about being an ectomorph b/c I do have very long arms and legs that are quite thin, and a borderline small bone structure. And although I have some muscle in my legs, I've never been known for having any upper body strength. So then I go on to read that the ideal diet for communicators is lean meats, veggies, and monounsaturated fats like nuts. Sound familiar???? The prescribed exercise routine is moderate aerobics, mostly for recovery from stress, and moderate strength training. From reading this, I decided that it would be best to completely cut out caffeine and give up artificial sweeteners. I feel much more balanced and content throughout the day without both. I keep going back to them, b/c I crave them, but I think they increase my insulin and then I get snacky the rest of the day. I just found this book interesting b/c it seemed to describe me so well, at least nutritionally in how I seem to do best.

Bawdy-Your post yesterday and in your journal encompasses everything I've been feeling lately. Sometimes I think we have to stray in order to realize where we belong and renew our motivation. At first I was mad at myself for trying CAD, but I have let it go. It was something I needed to do at the time, and I learned from it. I feel rejuvinated again toward Protein Power, and it sounds like you are as well. Here's to new beginnings!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 12:17

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I lost my post, too. It was so witty and fun!

They upgraded their software on this site this morning, and had to bring the system down afterward for some reason and lost everything from around 5:00 am EST to 10:00 am EST.

Today is my first day of clean PP. (That didn't come out right! )

I'm doing as recommended, with 7 to 10 carbs per meal (7 if you do snacks) and at least the minimum protein (27 for me).

So far, so good. I had 2 eggs and 2 egg whites fried in butter and a slice of LC toast with butter for breakfast. And a few cups of black coffee (puts hair on your chest!). About an hour ago I had 1/2 cup of blackberries with 1/4 cup of half-and-half. I'm only now getting hungry for lunch (almost 2:30).

Tonight I'll post my menu and my numbers.

Have a great day!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 14:40

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Sounds like you guys are having a weird day. So am I. My appetite came back with avengence. I went from eating a handful of this or a couple forkfuls of that and maybe some jello to major hunger.That's why I didn't want to change my stats because I suspected there would be a rebound.Hopefully it will right itself now that I've given my body adequate food.I'm not weighing again yet.

"First day of clean PP"-I don't know what you wrote earlier,Bawdy, but that'll do

Today is the first day I don't feel like I am on the planet Zog. I am actually awake and alert and not falling asleep. From what I understand, getting over this is like one step forward and two back, so I assume I may be back on Zog at any given time.

Hi to everyone.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 15:13

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

As promised, here's my menu for the day:
Breakfast: 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites fried in 1 pat butter, 1 slice LC bread with 1 pat butter, several cups black coffee

Snack: 1/2 cup blackberries with 1/4 cup half-and-half

Lunch: 3 cups Romaine/spinach, 1 medium tomato, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinagrette, 3 ounces roast pork

Dinner: 4 ounces roast pork (I made a lot so there would be leftovers), 1/2 cut green beans and 1/2 cup summer squash with 2 pats butter

Snack: 1/2 cup SF jello with 1/4 cup Redi-Whip (guessing on the 1/4 cup)

And lots of water. The numbers come to:
Calories: 1,208
Fat: 76 grams (56%)Carbs (fiber deducted): 30 grams (12%)
Protein: 86 grams (29%)

My calculated minimum protein requirement is 27 grams per meal, or 81 grams for the entire day. So everything looks good, and it feels like I'm eating a lot of food.

Elaine, how is Zog this time of year? When I was there last spring (when I broke my back and was on muscle relaxants and pain killers), the sky was a beautiful shade of vermillion and turtles were flying back home from their winter's stay in Gorphin. It was lovely.

#9   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 15:19

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

palm sunday
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-04, 17:50
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4