Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/gastric bypass
Stats: 278/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 94%
Unhappy Gastric bypass kickback

Would like a buddy who is on on Atkins program also. Glad I found this site. Dont feel quite so alone! Need to loose another 29 lbs

Last edited by Hugaby : Fri, Apr-02-04 at 17:40.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/190/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome to the forum!
WOW, congratulations on your success!!
Have you only been doing Atkins since February? You've done amazingly well! You should be very proud of yourself!!

One of the best suggestions given to me when I joined this forum was to start a journal. It's a place where new friends can drop in, see how your doing, give suggestions and offer support.

Please feel free to drop in on mine. Look forward to seeing more posts from you.

Last edited by marankath : Fri, Apr-02-04 at 18:01.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 18:45
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks I started Atkins at 161 on 2-17 now 144 on 4-2-04 is that too slow?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 05:33

Plan: Moderate carbs
Stats: 155/151/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hiya!

When did you have you surgery? I had mine in June of 2000 and now am finding some weight creeping back so am doing low carb to lose/control it.

Welcome to the forums
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 06:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/194/125 Female 5`5"
BF:?
Progress: 37%
Thumbs up

Hi glad to meet you. I am new here also. It is a big help to have all this support I was on atkins about 4 years ago and lost 43 lbs. Than I gradually went back to my old way of eating and you know what happened next, gained it all back, plus. I don`t think I would have had I had a support forum to go to like this. Good luck, you`ve been doing great so far!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 07:07

Plan: Atkins 72 Version
Stats: 175.5/123.5/115 Female 5'3 I grew an Inch!
BF:??/21%/19-20%
Progress: 86%

welcome aboard!!! Sounds like your loss is awsome!!! Keep i t up!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 11:04
Bad Girl Queen

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 388/388/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

You are in the perfect spot for support and motivation no matter
what LC diet your on! This place is addicting, but the good kind. LOL

Best of luck to ya!!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:36
Registered Member

BF:

Had my surgery Dec 2001. Went all the way to 137 and gradually increased eating and calories and was at 161. Started Atkins at 161 and as of today am at 141. Goal 115. Gastric bypass was helpful but I still suffer with some kickbacks of eating the wrong way and things. Pasta and Rice big no no's make me deathly ill. Thank god! because they were my favorite things to eat and full of carbs. I love bread so Atkins has been very difficult for me. Am learning how to eat without carbs. Am having some problems with the meat! I have had trouble digesting it since surgery. Toomuch fat makes me sick to my stomach. So Veggies are my friend.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/128/112 Female 5'1''
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi

Welcome to the forums. I can sympathise with the bread thing! I used to have a couple of pieces of toast and a huge baguette every day! And a bag of chips. Not good. I found it very hard to give up but now after about 6 months of on-off diet I can look at or smell toast and resist.

Congratulations on the weight loss and hope you make your goal soon.

Tammy
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 07:51

Plan: Moderate carbs
Stats: 155/151/145 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%

Well unfortuatley not much makes me ill (darn it I wish it DID! lol) although if I eat too much fat in one sitting it will upset me a bit. Pre-low carbing too much carbs or sugar at once would make me feel like I was having a panic attack. Get all sweaty and heart going a hundred miles an hour for about 15 minutes and then I would almost literally pass out. Would actually lay down and fall right asleep for about an hour. Weird.

The lowest I got down to was 139 but my friends said I look unhealthy at that weight. I am muscular so at 139 they said my cheecks were all sunk in and stuff and my hip bones showed through my stretch pants hehe.

Highest I got back up to was, like you, about 160-165, and THAT made me a size 12. Regular dieted back down to about 150 but started overeating again bleh.

So now am at about 152 (I only weigh about once every 2 weeks now cuz I don't wanna know all the time lol) and losing again slowly. I don't do strict Atkins. I modified a plan that suits me better about 30-60 carbs a day depending on what I am doing. If its a day where I will be doing an intense workout I eat higher carb or I get like achey muscles. But I still eat mostly natural, unprocessed foods. No bread (except for an occasional low carb tortilla), rice, sugar, blah blah I get most of my carbs from veggies and dairy (cheese, yogurt)

Sorry you have trouble with meat. I know you probably already know this but maybe cook it a lower temp for longer period of time so it falls apart and is easier to chew up good?

Well good luck. I know we can all do this we just have to hang in there and make it work however we have to.

Oh P.S.... You should start a journal here. I just put dumb stuff in mine that I think is relevant to me but I find it helpful to be able to re-read/add to it throughout the day to keep me on track.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 08:28

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Gastric bypass wow. . don't have any idea what your limitations are. The 20 lb lost on low carb is the high end of loss for that time period. I would worry about not being able to digest meats-lack of protein call cause loss of lean body mass. You are much smaller now and your caloric needs are smaller. Keep up a good vitamin intact-try a liquid and maybe whey shakes for protein.