Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 21:52
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Talking Celery is edible again!

I'm trying to cut down on peanut butter, and cream cheese isn't doing it for me anymore... but I found a substitute for Ceez Whiz (a "cheese product" that ends with a "Z" is NEVER good...lol) I used the Carb Options Cheddar sauce for a dip and thought I had died and gone to Heaven!

It's too thin to "stuff" in the celery, but as a dip, it works great. At 2 carbs a quarter cup, instead of 3 or 4 for two tablespoons of Cheez WHiz, quite a carb savings as well.

It helped me resist the urge to overindulge in the trail mix I made from sunflower seeds, almonds, pepitos (the inside part of pumkin seeds) and Russel Stover sugarfree "M&M's".
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 21:58
Slowly I turn

Plan: Atkins restart 3-17-10
Stats: 195.5/170.6/135 Female 5'5
BF:48%/37%/20%
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
I'm trying to cut down on peanut butter, and cream cheese isn't doing it for me anymore... but I found a substitute for Ceez Whiz (a "cheese product" that ends with a "Z" is NEVER good...lol) I used the Carb Options Cheddar sauce for a dip and thought I had died and gone to Heaven!

It's too thin to "stuff" in the celery, but as a dip, it works great. At 2 carbs a quarter cup, instead of 3 or 4 for two tablespoons of Cheez WHiz, quite a carb savings as well.

It helped me resist the urge to overindulge in the trail mix I made from sunflower seeds, almonds, pepitos (the inside part of pumkin seeds) and Russel Stover sugarfree "M&M's".

That cheddar sauce sounds good. AND, I did not know Stover's made sugarfree m&m's..... I will keep them in mind if I need them in the future! Thanks for letting me know~!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 22:07
Fully Caffeinated

They're actually called "Tidbits Candy coated milk chocolate" Legal technicalities... but they are JUST like M&M's. They also have jelly beans that are identical to sf Jelly Bellies (right down to the pear flavor, my favorite) at a fraction of the price.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 22:11
Slowly I turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
They're actually called "Tidbits Candy coated milk chocolate" Legal technicalities... but they are JUST like M&M's. They also have jelly beans that are identical to sf Jelly Bellies (right down to the pear flavor, my favorite) at a fraction of the price.

Jelly beans too? WOW....that will be great to have in the house for Easter. I have to go shopping for that type of stuff soon. Thanks!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 22:17
Fully Caffeinated

Only fair to warn you that the jelly beans are sweetened with Lactitol, just like the Jelly Bellies...and have quite a "lingering effect" if eaten in excess.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 15:47
Slowly I turn

My girlfriend called me the other day. doing atkins 8 months...said she had eaten a little too much sugar free candy.......was in an awful way.................she did not make it to the bathroom.............................Poor girl...LOL.......good friend of mine....she told me because she knew she could tell me that type of thing.........OMG. A GREAT REMINDER to me, not to eat more then one serving of any sugar free candy.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 16:03
Fully Caffeinated

Thank goodness I've never been hit THAT hard! That would be a real learning experience.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 16:25

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 270/210/150 Female 65 inches
BF:50?/VERY/22
Progress: 50%

I keep hearing about rs sf candy, and I was hopeing to be able to find some variety for an easter treat, but there are no super walmarts withing 50 miles of here, and no where else seems to have much selection. the cvs has a couple, but not many. I guess mabey it is for the best b/c I am cutting out processed foods anyway and it is tempting when I hear about M&Ms.... ;-)
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:10
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 279/267/160 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

bekkers, you might want to take a closer look at the candy in the easter aisle. Where I live the SF is almost nondistinguishable from the regular and they are shelved side by side.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:11
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 279/267/160 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I even found a SF Easter Bunny!!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 17:26

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 270/210/150 Female 65 inches
BF:50?/VERY/22
Progress: 50%

Thanks Karen! I actually have been specificaly checking the easter sections, but in all the stores I have been to, the sf is mixed in with the regular candy, although, there is a special lc section, but it is mostly the same, just more $! There have not been ANY actualy easter shapes, eggs, etc... without sugar in the easter section. I was actually really surprised! I mean, they have some other sf candy, so they must have customers who are interested, but no eggs!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 20:18
Fully Caffeinated

I got mine at a "regular" Wal-Mart, and the Jelly beans at an Osco Drug. I've seen quite a bit at regular grocery stores, too. It's best to have blinders sometimes, though! Sometimes when I'm trying to cut down, I see it everywhere. When I'm LOOKING for it, it's nowhere to be found!

I'll convince myself that celery is better. BTW, I tried the Carb Options sauce as a dip with pork rinds. It did the trick!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 12:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/140/140 Female 5' 4.5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Potatofree, if you like parmesan and artichoke dip, try some celery stuffed with it. It's DELISH! I had it for dinner last night, in fact. I get a large container of spinach, parmesan & artichoke dip at Costco. It's in the cold section, by the cheese. Heat a bit up and dip your celery in to it or stuff the celery with it. The kind at Costco is incredibly rich - WAY better than the kind they serve as an appetizer at places like TGIFridays etc. I think it is 1 g carbs per 2 tbsp, but a little goes a long way.

Mmmm mmm good