Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-28-01, 10:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/198/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default STAYING ON INDUCTION...I NEED HELP

I just completed my 3rd week of induction. To date I have lost 10 lbs. I have not started exercising yet..but plan on starting a walking and weight program very soon. I seem to have a problem eating more (sounds stupid I know, considering how I got myself at this point), I average approximately 15 grams a day..drink anywhere from 70 plus ounces of water a day, and no more than 2 oz. of cheese a day..I will have 2 slices of bacon a day and an egg for b/fast....perhaps some almonds for a snack....lunch is usually tuna w/mayo...or more eggs...and dinner is some sort of meat with about a cup of spinach.

I need some advice, help and any/all suggestions on how I can improve upon what I am eating..what I have read here..is eating less can and or will cause a stall? If possible I would like to avoid that as much as possible.

I'm a bit frustrated...so any assistance woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 02:11
Registered Member

Plan: SMD
Stats: 160/151/135
BF:
Progress: 36%

Try taking a good long look at the foods you CAN have and get creative. There is a recipe forum here you might want to check out. It takes a while to figure out different ways to eat the food that's allowed. Think of it as a challenge. Maybe take a look of some of the LC cookbooks that are out there.
If all else fails and you entertain the thought of stopping, look in the mirror after you get out of the shower--works for me!

You'll be fine!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 03:28

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hello

i guess it gets on everyone's nerves abt what to eat after a few wks of induction....

As everyone agrees we need to get creative in combining the right foods for our daily intake, in order to lose pounds further.. perhaps you should pick a day which you will go to the supermarket and search for goodies that are allowed on the diet. And perhaps bringing a calculator along when u need to know how much carbos for any foods u decide to get.

Try searching for any possible snacks that is low in carb...coz at least they can be eaten with just a tear of the packet.... Or if you are already tired of red meat, try seafood.... do some food rotation. so at least you wont want to puke at the thought of "eggs in the morning again" etc...

For me, i found some japanese snacks that are quite low in carb content....dried anchovies with almond nuts. or even some seasoned seaweeds. or if there are any mushroom crunchies available in the USA....

But if you still think that it is still limiting, perhaps you can take some slightly higher carb foods but note its quantity....always check their carb content...so it wont exceed abt 20g a day..

If you wish to check out new tasty food combinations, you can always check the low carb recipes on this forum.

And also always take small meals every 3-4 hrs...to balance insulin level. Lastly, drink more water! Gets rid of excess water

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 14:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

You may want to try making either chicken salad or ham salad then using pork rines to scoop the dip up. Make sure U use real mayo and not imitation. Something else U should be able to include occasionally now is some cut up fresh strawberries and cream. I dont even use any sweetners on it and I find this a very filling dish.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-01, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/213/145
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default snack and food ideas

After a couple of weeks on the induction, my third week was bugging me because of the limited choices. I spent the first two weeks eating meat/poultry, string cheese, salads, and home-sliced ham w/flavored cream cheese roll ups.

I found recipes for beef jerky at a website through this forum. Thinly sliced flank steak, dipped in a mixture of soy sauce, lemon pepper, and garlic salt. Baked on a cake rack for 6-10 hours at 150 degrees. These are yummy and fun to make (I make them with the kids).

Beef stroganaff (no flour coating) is yummy too. The family gets noodles and I get all meat and sauce (of course I get more meat than they do too). This and a salad with diet jello for dessert!!!!

I make bacon by the package and keep some in the fridge to snack on between meals.

This is a great "eat like a king" diet for me. Right now I seriously miss my glass of juice - orange or cranberry - but so far this is my drawback.

Congrats on the 10 lbs and good luck on the future....

Mary
Roseville, CA