Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 05:57

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Protein Power Pals: Tuesday, March 30

Good Morning!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Tue, Mar-30-04 at 06:07.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 06:17

BF:

How's everyone today? I feel a bit like a beached whale. Overdid the food over the weekend. I was adhering to the CALP plan, but stretched my hour a bit on both Sunday and Monday and I'm feeling lousy today. My belly feels all distended, but yesterday was the first time in a week that I've been able to get my rings off. Weird.

The pantry and fridge are both about empty, so grocery shopping needs to be on my list today.

On Sunday, we went out for my birthday dinner (I toasted yours, too, Lissette!). We started out with the most wonderful French bread. I don't know what they do differently at this restaurant (which is just in the next town over), but it's soft and warm on the inside and light and crispy, but not hard, on the outside. Slathered with butter, and I was in heaven!

Then the entree was a blackened swordfish steak -- maybe 3/4" thick, but about the size of 2 or 3 decks of cards. Over top was a clear light sauce made from Mandarin oranges. YOu know how they often come in those small cans in the store? They must have used 2 cans. I didn't eat any of the oranges, but the sauce over the blackened fish was amazingly good. When I put the first bite into my mouth, I couldn't help it but I moaned out loud. The people at the next table both looked over and laughed! Kind of a "When Harry Met Sally" kind of moment!

It was accompanied by fresh green beans. The only other side dishes they have are potatoes au gratin (too thick for me) and rice pilaf, which is bland, so I just had the beans. And strangely enough, this restaurant doesn't have regular dinner salads. It's a French restaurant, and if you ask for a salad, they give you a humungous bowl of just Romaine lettuce, but AFTER your main course. So, I do without.

Then for dessert I had a slice of a wonderful cheesecake with blackberry glaze over top. Strangely enough, nothing was too overly sweet. After LCing for so many years, things tend to taste really sweet, but not this.

So that was my "reward" meal of the week. I think I'll shoot for one over-the-top meal a week, and the rest of the week stick with good, natural foods.

Elaine, are you around? How are you feeling?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 07:49

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

My menu was a bit low in calories yesterday, but OK. I don't have much of an appitite right now.

Started watching my calorie per pound intake in mid February to try to drop some weight for the hiking season - began at 177lbs. I made it to 172 lbs in six weeks before doing the serious hiking recently. Weight is 174 lbs today - new measurement figure are awesome - buns are down 3" in past six weeks, waist is down 1", chests is down 1" - thighs are up 1.5 inch, calves are up 1", upper arms are the same. Calories per pound yesterday 1271 / 174 = 7.03 (aiming for around 8 to 9.5 for weight loss).

Total calories: 1271
Fat: 69 gms 620 cal 50%
Sat: 16 gms 140 cal 11%
Poly: 16 gms 147 cal 12%
Mono: 30 gms 268 cal 22%
Carbs: 50 gms 153 cal 12% ECC: 38 gms
Fiber: 12 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 118 gms 470 cal 38%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Forgot to eat

Snack:
4 TBS Peanut Butter

Dinner: (stir-fry)
8 ozs lean beef strips, 1/2 of 1 lb package of stir-fry veggies, 1 cup peppers and onions - homemade sauce - garlic, ginger, red peppers, soy sauce, corn starch, water

About 120 oz water & 30 ozs coffee

Exercise: 2.1 mile walk around my very steep and hilly neighborhood

Last edited by Orang : Tue, Mar-30-04 at 08:18.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 08:04
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Not feeling very positive today, so rather than bemoan my lot in life, I will keep it short...

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world
at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of
a very important person which almost went unnoticed
last week.
Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey",
died peacefully at age 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him
into the coffin.

They put his left leg in. Then the trouble started.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 08:29

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplydawn
Not feeling very positive today, so rather than bemoan my lot in life, I will keep it short...

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world
at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of
a very important person which almost went unnoticed
last week.
Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey",
died peacefully at age 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him
into the coffin.

They put his left leg in. Then the trouble started.

pretty good Dawn! I remember doing that song at our roller rink! (I was stylin with my pink and white stripped pom poms on my skates!)

Bawdy, you should be a menu writer, I swear my mouth was just watering (hope my computer is alright!)

Orang, Good to see you post! And with your health problems "DON'T FORGET TO EAT!" I know that you have alot of people depending on you but take care of yourself!!!

Elaine, HOPE you are doing fine, please write once you feel up to it!

Well off to go a-choring now!

HAVE A GOOD ONE TODAY!!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 08:53

BF:

Ya got me on that one, Dawn!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:04

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 255/230/140 Female 5'6
BF:63%
Progress: 22%

Well, kinda bummed here. DH's vacation got cancelled. He works on a government contract, working on systems on navy ships (he is retired navy). They are forcing him to go on a trip during the time frame of our vaca, during easter week. Needless to say, everyone was quite bummed, and he was rather mad. They do this constantly....throw trips at him at the last minute, expecting him to put his life on hold. He will be looking for other work I think....or I should say I hope. With my hours, and his travel, it is crazy. I guess employers these days don't give a hoot about peoples lives outside of work.

I have been tracking my eating again....really need to stay in that habit to keep on track. I also have been tracking my daily expenses........its amazing how fast those cups of coffee/diet sodas/lunch out, etc add up!! I know I need to control that, so maybe a reality check will work.

Have a good day all!

Robin
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:41

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning PP friends Didn't have a great day yesterday and though I didn't track it I know my calories were too high as I spent the afternoon stress eating. Tried to recover by eating lighter at dinner. I am off today I am going to go workout early and then take DD shopping. My tan is coming along nicely and will probably start decreasing next week. I find it very relaxing. I am also loving my short hair! It feels so good to have it off my neck as it is been very warm here....high 90's. I think we are expecting some 100's this week Had an awesome night a yoga, I am feeling much stronger and limber. I have really noticed a hugh difference in my lower back which was one of the reasons I started yoga. When starting out many of the floor poses hurt and one in particular I couldn't do. While lying on your back, pull your knees to your chest and gently rock back and forth....it was exruciating to say the least. Well I did it last night with no pain at all

Yeserday's menu
B - 1 egg scrambled w/1 TBS SF ketchup, 4 oz ham, 3 cups coffee w/H&H

S - 7 pistachios, 1/3 carbwise bar (not hungry just ate it)

L - chef's choice chicken premivera, 2 cups salad greens w/almond accents & ceasar parmasan dressing, 44 oz diet pepsi

S - the rest of the carbwise bar, 15 more pistachios, a small piece of a SF candy bar, 1 glass of CCD choclate milk

15 ab class, 1 hour yoga

D - Salad - 2 cups romaine, 5 oz chopped grilled chicken, 1 oz shredded mexican cheese, almond accents, lite blasamic vinegar dressing

S - 4 sliced strawberries w/whipped cream

Elaine - Praying for you and your speedy recovery

Bawdy & Shelly - glad to here you both had happy birthday's

Renee - praying for you and your family Hoping to see you post again soon.

Michele - You really should give yoga a try! It is fun!

Dawn - Funny clip...almost fell for it

to everyone
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 09:46

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

good morning all...

i am off to hug the fish today. no time for goofing off this morning.

catch you all later!!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 11:56

BF:

Ellie, you said your tan is coming along nicely. How long have you been tanning? I'm just starting to show, and I've gone 7 times already. I'm using a high-powered booth, and the maximum is 8 minutes. I've done 4, 5, 6, 5, 6, 7, and 8 minutes in that order. I'm using an accelerator (it's even a self-tanner).

What do I have for skin? Cow hide?

I'm showing only a little bit of color. In fact, no one at work has even noticed I'm tanning. The attendant even asked if any of the lotions or cosmetics I'm using have a sunscreen added to them. I said no, but double-checked anyway. Not one thing I'm using has a sunscreen.

I rarely wear sunscreen (and look for lotions and cosmetics that don't contain a sunscreen), partly because I don't seem to need it and partly because I don't like smearing chemicals on my body every single day of the year.

In the summer, it takes me around 3 to 3 1/2 hours to mow the lawn (riding mower). I wear a hat so my scalp doesn't burn, but other than that I use a sunscreen only when it's extremely hot. And I never burn or even tan much.

Is it weird to lose your ability to tan as you age? I used to burn somewhat easily, but now it's hard for me to get any color at all.

Weird.

By the way, I'm taking Friday afternoon off for a pedicure and a facial! I'm having my first Aveda facial -- they use all Aveda products. Little by little I've been switching over from the Victoria Principal line to the Aveda line. Their products smell so nice, and I like that they're "natural."

So that's my "off-topic" discussion for the day!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:14

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Bawdy - I started about a week and half ago, Thursday March 18. I have gone everyday except Sundays and tan in a regular tanning bed. I started at 7 minutes and am now up to 9 minutes. I also use an accelerator with a bronzer. I am not sure why you are having such a hard time. Also, remember where I live I tan very easily and have olive skin. Maybe you would have better results in a regular tanning bed? Enjoy your facial! I had one about a year ago....wonderful!