Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 01:49

Plan: paleo
Stats: 145/132/123 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default paleo

Hi there, everyone i have been experimenting with low carb on and off for 4 years now and for some stupid reason i think i can go off and eat the carb way and get away with but no, no, no. I am trying to lose 3 -4 kg and want to eat only pure food as i feel packaged low carb stuff just can't be good for you, my question to you guys is does anyone have success doing paleo and having just one morning organic coffee and i had a binge on macadamias yesterday will that effect weight loss for the week? Great to be here and look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Camilla
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 13:33

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Welcome Camilla. Since you have a little bit of weight to lose I don't think a morning cup of coffee and bingeing on macadamia nuts will hurt too much. There are many, many more terrible type things to binge on that shall remain unnamed. I drink anywhere from 1-3 cups of real coffee per day and it doesn't seem to hurt me. If I could get macadamia nuts here I'd love it but I can't find any. Sending for them by mail is cost-prohibitive. Anyway, good luck to you Camilla and I hope we hear lots from you in the future.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 21:39

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

IN the greater scheme of things, I wouldn't worry too much about your one cup of coffee. It is best that you're trying to get away from packaged junk. Once you do that and feel comfortable for a while, maybe then you might try to give up coffee only if you want to be a pure Neanderthin follower.

Also, macadamia nuts are some of the best nuts to have. They are high in fat and low in carbs. Therefore, I wouldn't worry about the binging.