Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 12:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/157/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 62%
Question some days i can't even eat 20 carbs!!

Anyone else having problems with not even getting up to 20 carbs a day? I know it is slowing my weight loss down. The first few days I could barely stay under 20 and no I add up my totals for the day and get like 12 or even 8 once. I am totally full, I have eaten all day muchin on cheese snacks and eating at least two big meals of chicken , salad, lots of fat too. I love mayo and cream cheese. So far i see that i am doing fine, I am losing slowly, I feel totally engergized, I am also working out 30 mins or cardio a day and 20 mins of weights. Between working out and work I am going all day. I bring my snaks to work and drink so much water i am growing gills Anyone in the same boat? haha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 12:54

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

It's really important for you to eat your vegetables (do I sound like your mother yet?) Make sure you eat the full three cups of salad (or salad and other veg) every day! Eat them as between-meal snacks if you'd like, or eat them first, before the protein.
But don't stint on the greens.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

As long as you're getting adequate vegetables it's OK to be lower than 20 net carbs. But as Patricia said, it's really unhealthy to get all your carbs from cheese, splenda etc and skimp on the veggies. The Atkins book suggests 3 cups of vegetables during induction but I would treat that as a minimum, not a maximum. You really can't eat too many fiber-rich vegetables, within your daily carb allowance of course.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 13:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/157/140 Female 55
BF:
Progress: 62%

more veggies it is. I am not eating enough after reviewing my journal. Thanks *HUGS*