Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:05
blah

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

I have been low carbing for just over a year. My dh has finally joined me. Up until then when he wanted to go for chinese buffet I went ...I had some chicken and veggies etc.. Not totally low carb. but not horroble either. Now that he has started to this WOE of eating he never wants to go to a restaraunt. Sniveling that there in nothing there that he can eat. I finally asked him how he thought I felt for the last year. So now I make him go to restaraunts because life is to short to have to eat your own cooking every single day. On a good note he now cooks as many low carb meals as I do.

The other thing I gotta get off my chest.....If my husband had ever hinted, suggested,or implied that I need to lose weight or go on a diet I would have skidded his ~$$ to the curb faster than you can say "Bob's you Uncle". I know that sounds a bit harsh but if you don't think I'm perfect at 270 you don't need me at 150.

Neen
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 10:16
Registered Member

Stats: 223/185/170 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Here! Here!

I totally agree with you!! If my DH EVER suggested that I wasn't perfect for him just the way I am, we'd have serious issues. But he such a sweetie, he applauds me when I tell him I've lost even one pound, and says if I stay the way I am for the rest of my life that's fine with him too. He totally accepts me the way I am, he just wants me to be happy. He has been "mostly" supportive in my WOE, but doesn't care to join me, and even gets upset because he's gaining weight eating the stuff I make low-carb (because he eats that PLUS the high-carb stuff)! I told him, if he would just do Atkins with me, he wouldn't have these problems!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 17:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/180/134 Female 5'4
BF:Size 12
Progress: 22%

My long term boyfriend supports Atkins, but here and there he sticks in little things about how it's not healthy or doesn't work. He gave it a try for about 2 days was a little tired and quit because he felt that it must be unhealthy. I tried to explain he would feel a little off a little while. He only has 15lbs to lose, but he thinks he will do it by barely eating and running tons. Oh well his choice. When I lose about 10 lbs he says that it's water since I don't exercise it cannot be fat. I try ot tell him if I go down 2 clothing sizes it's not water. I carry water but not that much! He's happy with how I am and doesn't think I need to lose weight, but he just doesn't understand this diet I even gave him a book(which I doubt he read). He forgets I'm on the diet daily asking if I want this high carb food or that high carb food. That really helps, not!
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 08:40
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins/General
Stats: 144//135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default My hubby has been LCing his whole life...

SO many people have looked at my hubby (we are in our early 30's) and wonder how he has managed to stay so trim and muscular...literally, sometimes it is irritating how good he looks!

I thought he was just lucky, BUT I know why now...he has been eating low-carb practially his whole life and has never been a sweets person. In addition, he has worked out consistently since age 15 approx. 3-4 times per week.

He is VERY supportive of what I am doing...though it is quite easy for him to be! He almost put BBQ sauce on our steaks last night, and I was like, wait a second, how many carbs are in it? And he was surprised to see that there were 15 grams per serving!!!

I think he is shocked that I have stuck to my modified Induction for 8 days (modified meaning I have caffeine and 25-30 grams of carbs a day). I could tell at first he thought this was another one of my "good intentions to lose some weight but then falling off the wagon" scenarios. I have lost 5 pounds and he can see the difference physically and mentally...I just feel so great!

Anyway, good luck to you!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 11:40

Plan: My own plan!
Stats: 176/163/135 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 32%

My fiance is always supportive. He always lets me decide where we go out to eat and if he buys junk he hides it so I don't see it in the kitchen. He even stopped buying choc chip ice cream and starting buying peach because he knows I don't like peach and I won't get into it. It so nice to have someone in my life that is so considerate!

I even thought about trying to get him on Atkins but there is no way he will give up mountain dew, gatorade or pizza. When we cook at home, he eats what I cook. Burgers with no bun, fish and veggies, chicken on the grill etc... But I know he just won't go for no sugar/no caffeine in his diet!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 11:55

Stats: 191.5/160/135 Female 5'3
BF:39.8%/?/27%
Progress: 56%

My partner asked me to bring some cookies to her from the pantry (she's not lazy-- our apartment is so small only one person fits in the kitchen at a time), and I wanted to just hand her the package (and not handle the cookies myself-- avoiding temptation). She complained, because she doesn't want to be tempted by the whole package, and then didn't understand why it made me grumpy!

But that's just a little thing. She's mostly supportive, but a little upset that she can't do it too (doctor's orders), since she is more overweight than I am.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 18:56
"Louisiana Lady"

Stats: 429/408.8/200 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 9%

My husband is not doing LC with me. He claims to support me, but eats all kinda junk around me~~
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 01:41

Plan: Low Carb - My Way!
Stats: 261/177/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi! I'm the new kid on the block. I'm in my 2nd week and so far my DH has been good. We were in the store the other day and he was choosing himself a snack and said "do you want one?" I said "what was that?" he said "Nothing!" LOL

Maybe I've been fortunate, but I have no desire whatsoever yet to eat any junk. I am just thrilled to be doing this. He has always hated me dieting, but doing it this way... I'm not grumpy! Hmmm could that be because I'm not hungry? Anyway... only problem is the 14 year old keeps asking me if I want a piece of toast each and every time he makes himself some. He has started catching himself, but it really has bothered me a bit. I hope it stays this way! Good luck to everyone!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 07:58

Stats: 191.5/160/135 Female 5'3
BF:39.8%/?/27%
Progress: 56%

My newest problem is that if I get in a bad mood (I'm broke and in law school, bad moods happen) my partner blames in on atkins, because I was grumpy my first two days of induction. So now I don't want her to see me in a bad mood, and suppressing a bad mood makes me grumpy... grrr...
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 22:59
Registered Member

Stats: 135/130/115 Female 5ft 7 1/2in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by notgivnup
My husband is not doing LC with me. He claims to support me, but eats all kinda junk around me~~

Ditto! It's so annoying. My husband came home w/ chocolate chip cookies and a gallon of ice cream the other night. Uh... Hello? I made him hide the cookies.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 14:11

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

My hubby thinks he is doing Atkins but he is not. He won't bother to read the book. He has lowered his carbs quite a bit - what choice does he have when I do the cooking? But, he still eats things I can't have, and he also loses more weight than me without really trying. Grrrrrrr. My daughter only has one kidney so she has to a controlled carb diet, which means that there's always some extra carbs for her. My son, well, he's 21 and while he doesn't ridicule me for my WOE, he doesn't support it either. He's kind of neutral.