Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 00:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%
Default LCing Military wives

Hello everyone,
The more I read the more I see military wifes in the group. I just want to say Hello to you all (USN wife here). I know that some of us may have extra stress on top of life in general as our husbands and loved ones venture off to protect this great nation. I just want to extend an extra hug and wish of support for you all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 02:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

I hope that you are leaving messages in the journals of the military wives you espy. Have you popped into AFWife's journal yet?
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 07:37
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

As one of those military wives I say welcome aboard!! USAF here!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 13:06
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Me too....big hugs to everyone!!! Is everyone's spouse home...or out? We're finally on shore duty (navy)!!!! It's nice to meet him once again . Forgot what he looked like

I think we should make a special section for military!!! It would be neat to see if anyone else is lcing in our areas!! And great support for our spouses go away....that's a real tough time to diet. Wonder if they'd let us do that???

Well take care....and anyone that wants to chat is more than welcome to come to my journal!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:27

Stats: 144/117/115 Female 5' 3.5
BF:
Progress: 93%

Howdy! Can I join in? My husband is retired Navy, I endured 3 long deployments with little kids and babies. He's now a DOD employee and is on an extended work assignment in San Diego. He left at the beginning of January, not supposed to come home until end of May. I've decided it's not an easy life! I did go see him a few weeks ago, and he was really pleased to see my progress with the weight loss. That was fun to be able to surprise him a bit. (I had started Atkins last fall, so he did see some of my progress before he left.)
Anyway, nice to meet you all. Stop by my journal, and start one yourselves!
Another way to connect is to go to Support Groups and just start a new Thread. In fact--I'll go do that! See you there!

Peach
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:33

BF:
Default Military Spouses

Hey Folks!
This forum is for Military Spouses! Military life has its own stresses and issues. Let's support each other through rough times!

As for myself, I'm married to a retired Navy man, now a DOD employee. He still goes away for extended work assignments to other shipyards. We're in the middle of a 5 month "deployment" right now, in fact.

So, how 'bout you? How do you think the stresses of military life have impacted your eating habits?

Peach
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:41
Registered Member

Plan: ckd 24 hr carb up
Stats: 240/234/? Female 5'6"
BF:

Hi,

I'm a 28 year old homeschooling mom of three (5, 3, and 2). We're on our last tour in Hawaii and have about 2 1/2 years left. I've been through three deployments....and lots of time with him just out period. I'm sooooo glad that this is the last tour!!!

I used to be in the Navy myself, and my hubby's been in 7 years now. He's a nuclear electrician's mate and currently works in the shipyard here.

I love to chat....so come visit me anytime!!! I'll also subscribe to this so I can check in here too. Glad to see someone made this thread!!! It's hard being a military spouse...and incredibly hard to get through the deployments....it will be nice to do the supporting for once!!!!

Take care!!

Katrina
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:03
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Whaddya know, two mil wives threads started on the same day! I merged them together. Enjoy, ladies!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:08

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Mili here, too. Army stationed in Hawaii. Been thru Bosnia with DH leaving 2 months after 1st son was born and 1 year hardship tour in Korea with 2 kids under my hood.
I must say I just started the lowcarb way and he has been with me the whole time to support me but what I find hard to do is trying to cook low carb and having to cook for the kids at the same time. (there are plenty of NO NO foods in the house for the kids).
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:19
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE WIFE HERE!

DH fixes the communication and navigation systems on all the aircrafts. COM/NAV they call it.

Stationed in England till 2007.

God bless our Military.

We need to support each other!

Hugs to all,
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 15:42
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachagirl
So, how 'bout you? How do you think the stresses of military life have impacted your eating habits?

Peach

It hasn't impacted me negatively on the contrary....when we moved here is when I decided I needed to do something about my weight.

Everyone dresses so nice here I felt so ugly. I wanted to look good too. I told DH, if we are gonna live here then I need to look good too.

Plus the fact that I was extremly uncomfortable in the plane ride here cause I couldn't fit well in the seat. That's what really did it for me.

Because we travel so much due to this military life, I want and need to be comfortable. Our next plane trip is summer 2005 when we go to Spain, I plan on being at goal way before then and fitting just right in that plane seat.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 18:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 62
BF:
Progress: 3%

another AF wife here. glad to see others here who know how difficult it can be. We're stationed at Randolph now but will be moving to Andrews this summer.

Difficulties for me dietwise: I tend to pig out when he's TDY. I eat poorly, no real schedule, no real meals. I'd just eat crap. He'll be away most of next week, so I'm already planning so I stay on track.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 18:28

Stats: 275/247/175 Female 5'10
BF:39/36/24or less
Progress: 28%

WOW, I am sooo excited to see so many military wives! I am 27 years old, Hubby is US Navy! We are stationed in Everett. We lived in Hawaii last (where our buitiful daughter was born) he was 10hours late for her birth (waiting for the tide!). He has left on his deployment and it is my goal to be the best looking wife on the peir when he pulls in! I actualy find it hard to eat right when he is home. Steak and tater guy! So I am giving this a shot! I hope it will be easy to stick with when he returns!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 23:00

BF:

Okay, what I'm really trying to do is start a group. I think if we go to "Buddies, Challenges, Groups" we can have our own group. I'll go there now and get it started.

Peach
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 10:23

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%

I know this is WAAAAY off topic, but I just wanted to thank you wonderful military wives for providing support for your husbands. IMHO the people in the military don't get the recognition they deserve for protecting and defending or country and our freedom. I am not a military wife, but I have an awesome brother who is a Ranger in the Airborne Infantry and I am so proud of him! So here's my salute to our protectors and the "tentpoles" that hold up the fort. Thank you!