Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 07:32
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Protein Power Pals: Monday, March 22

Wonderful Monday.. Crisp, clear, sunny and cool this morning!! Welcome to the protein power thread... have a seat, grab some water, share, learn and laugh ( ok, cry and whine too!) along with us!

Dr. appt this morning, barter reflexology session, then teaching class this afternoon.. traffic home...then I have the bible study I do at the assisted living program tonite at 630, which may allow me about 1/2 hour at home... when will i get all my stuff done??? (waaaaaaah!) Oh.. yeah..this is my DAY OFF!

Have a wonderful day all!!!

Edited to add at 10:10 am:

Eating breakfast, between dr and reflexology apt, and HAD to share this:

DR: Dawn .. you need to celebrate.. we have VICTORY! NO MORE INSULIN FOR YOU YOUNG LADY!

Woohooo...and lost 4 lbs since the last dr visit there. He said, Your public enemy #1 is insulin, and you beat it! He was also fine with the increase in cals, just cautioned me to keep an eye on it, and again, encouraged walking.

What should I reward myself for this? Other than the obvious rewards that I already am reaping.. I just realized I didnt set a reward for achieving this goal!

Ok, gulps last bite...have to fly.....

Last edited by simplydawn : Mon, Mar-22-04 at 09:10.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 10:13

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Dawn - Good news!!!! I am so happy for you!

Yesterdays menu:

B - 2 eggs over easy, 5 strips very crisp bacon, 2 cups coffee w/H&H splenda

L - 2/3 cup Keto Krispies w/ 1/2 cup carb countdown milk

S - (before movies) 1/2 carbwise bar

Movies - diet pepsi (saw Passion of Christ, very emotional and moving)

D - Chicken Club Salad, almond accents, light ranch dressing

Dessert - 2 Strawberries, 1 carton Carb Option Dannon lite yogurt......YUCK! Tasted like chalk
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 10:24

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Only have a second.

Dawn, GREAT NEWS! I'm thinking you ought to bump that tattoo up as your reward!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 10:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Dawn - wow, you're doing really good! How about a good book to read for a reward?

I weighed this morning, the scale was talking to me, funny thing, it's ignored me for years, I'm down 5 more pounds! My dh even said my clothes are starting to hang.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 11:04

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Way to go Dawn

Ellie, I looked at that yogurt and decided to keep eating my stoneyfield plain and put davinci vanilla syrup in it to sweeten it.
Did find a keeper, though-LeCarb Chocolate Dairy Drink. Yummy for when you want something chocolate that won't give you the runnies.I made a protein shake with it for lunch yesterday, boy was that good!

Busy at work, so might drop in later.
Elaine
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:25
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's incredible Dawn! I love hearing about all the good things that this WOE brings to others. Congratulations!

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Dawn, that's fantastic!! Weight loss is a nice perk, but to me, real success is when people can take control of their health.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Dawn-
Being off insulin is AMAZING!! Congratulations!!
E
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:43

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Quote:
What should I reward myself for this? Other than the obvious rewards that I already am reaping.. I just realized I didnt set a reward for achieving this goal!
start a savings account for new cloths for what ever goal you want and put $ in it for every time you used to have to take a shot

Last edited by unitydkn : Mon, Mar-22-04 at 15:26.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 14:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 384/142/135 Female 5 ' 5 1/2 "
BF:
Progress: 97%

Unity - oh, I love your idea about starting a savings account and adding money for weight loss! I'm going to talk to my dh and see if he'll add to one for me too. I can't wait until the day I can shop for clothes in some teen sizes instead of twenties!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 15:29

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%

Bawdy...*BIG SIGH*...I would still have to come up eith a 1000+ to get surgery....with 3 boys I just don't think it will work.....................................hmmm do you think extreme makeovers would want me??...lol
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:30
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone,
I know I've been rather scarce around here lately, but I do pop in a couple of times a day to read. I guess I'm a bit like Wendy. I just cannot keep up with everyone. When I got back from Mexico in Jan. there were so many new people--for which I'm very happy. And many more since then. Please don't take this the wrong way. This is great! My poor brain just cannot keep up with who's who and what's going on in their lives. And it seems rather self-serving of me to just blather on about my own life.
Having said that I had to let everyone know I am just fine. No need for a trip to hunt me down up here. You wouldn't like the weather anyway. High of about 25 today, although it was sunny. We've had a blizzard within the last week though. But warmer weather is on the way!!
Elaine, I wanted to wish you well before your surgery and let you know that I will be praying for you. And here's hoping Renee gets home safe and sound from her hiking expedition. And Dawn!!! Truly amazing. I know I was a case of diabetes waiting to happen--very strong family history and then I started having hypoglycemic episodes. My father was an insulin-dependent diabetic for the last 25 years of his life and suffered nearly all the complications that diabetics suffer (other than kidney failure), so I can greatly appreciate how big a deal it is to get off insulin. And Songberrie, your weight loss is absolutely astounding. It took me 8 months to lose that amount. You just keep it up!
I think I'm going to be easing back into maintenance again. I had started a month or so ago (using a combination of Sugarbusters and GI Diet). Then my one son came home after 2 months visiting his missionary brother in Mexico and he had gained 15 lb. and wanted to go back on Protein Power. I stayed on more fruit, but otherwise pretty well went back to PP. I had lost one pound on my maintenance program and another a week or so ago on PP. So just 4 more to go! Anyway the first time my son was on protein power in Nov. and Dec. last year, it took him 6 weeks to lose 5 lb. I couldn't figure it out. Young healthy, active male. Mind you, he didn't have a huge amount to lose. This time, it's working much better. He's lost 12 lb. in 3 weeks and in fact he weighed in where he works out and has lost 10 lb. since he started there 2 weeks ago today. You know what I think the difference is? He's eating more carbs. And not really on purpose. He is working a factory job and takes a lunch to work. I bought him Hunt's Juicy Gels to take in his lunch. I didn't realize there were 2 varieties--a regular and a sugar-free sweetened with Splenda. I thought they were all Splenda sweetened. Bought a new supply last night and just happened to glance at the nutritional info after I got them home. Nearly died! 24 gm of carb. WHAT!???? Here I'd bought both kinds and he had consumed 6 of the regular ones in his lunch in the past 2 weeks. So we've decided he loses much better at slightly higher carbs. Won't be feeding him any more of the sugar sweetened Juicy Gels, but he and I both feel he can afford to be more generous in healthy carbs. He still wants to lose 20-25 lb. I think that would make him awfully gaunt, but we'll see. I made some whole wheat muffins tonight that I had made a month ago and boy, were they good. I've never been a LC baking fan, and these are the real thing.
I need to update my profile again. Another reason for posting. Best wishes to everyone. Keep up the great work!
Marjorie
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 19:05

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Greetings from the frozen north. Weather is about like it is for Marnie, 25 degrees, very windy, but sunny.

VERY busy day at work today and I'm exhausted. I also got my headache back. I've been fighting this headache for going on three weeks now. It will go away for a day or two, and then be right back.

Got my hair cut again tonight. She did a great job, even if it is a little shorter than I like to go.

Day 2 of CALP was good for me (details in my journal). I'm still not to the point where I've lost my appetite, but getting there. Tonight for dinner I had planned on a salad, chicken, beans, a roll, and a glass of wine. I didn't have the beans or the wine for two reasons: too lazy to cook the beans, and the wine didn't sound like a good idea with the headache. Also, I find that I'm stuffed with what I did eat. Really shouldn't even have eaten all that I did. I'm a little uncomfortably full. Live and learn.

I'm going to go lie down on the couch now and cuddle up in the crook of DH's arm. Then it's off to bed early to see if I can knock this headache out of me.

See you all tomorrow morning. I'll be up early so I'll probably start the thread (unless Unity starts it tonight!).

Nighty-night!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 21:31

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Dawn, that's WONDERFUL news! Actually that beats a weightloss story! GOOD FOR YOU!! So can you feel a difference on how you feel now to when you started this woe??

Marnie, GOOD to see you post! We miss you around here! And NO you are not self-serving, we do like to read about what is going on in your neck of the woods!

Bawdy,hope you wipe out that migraine tonight! Hope the calp goes well for you! Keep us posted!

Elaine, is the lecarb dairy drink anything like the hoods carb countdown? I was drinking to much and I have a hunch that it is partly behind my gain and stall, So I have cut WAY back! I do miss the chocolate, maybe once I get to maintenance. (got to be positive!)

Well I just got finished with my treadmill workout and need to go shower off and go to bed!

HELLO to Ellie,Wendy,Robin, Renee,(hope you had fun!),Unity,SongB,and to everyone else here! GOOD NITE!!