Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 14:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 62
BF:
Progress: 3%

I wore the teflon off of 3 of them and will never own another one. I prefer our outside grill, and we use it year round, unless we're somewhere with too much snow to get to the grill. I might try another one in the future, but it won't have George's name on them.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 17:01
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

I like using mine for veggies and burgers ... i prefer to roast, grill or pan-fry cuts of meat as I like them really juicy ... i found that they got a bit dry in the Foreman ...

But they are great for getting out all of the excess greasiness out of burgers!!!!

Lindy
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 17:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

We have the big double one and use it for everything. I especially love asparagus and cabbage that has been grilled on it. Bacon comes out perfectly. I gave one to my parents for Christmas too.

Orchid
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 19:43
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, thanks to all of you I spent time today looking for the gizmo that attaches to my propane tank so I can start bbq'ing again!

Fired up the gas grill tonight and had amazing pork chops. *slurp*
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 20:03

Stats: 136/127/125 Female 66 inches
BF:32/25/20
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbnit
Another tip for cleaning the grill.

When I want to marinate the meat, or use bbq sauce, I quickly line the grill with alluminum foil before I turn on the grill. SO when you are through, there is no cleanup. Its great!

I will try that too! Never thought of it, I just used mine to make stuffed burgers, I hate to clean it!!!! Last year I used that dawn spray on it, left it sit a couple of days cuz I was moving, had to throw it away cuz the spray ate the teflon off!!!! So don't use that!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 20:13
Registered Member

Stats: 185/178/155 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Thumbs up

We love our Foreman grill. Grilling is one of our favorite things to do, but when you live in Michigan grilling in the winter isn't very easy to do. So, we use George instead. Dh hates cleaning it, but I don't mind it. What difference does it make if I clean that or if I have to clean grease spatters off the stove and counters?!

I'd like to get a Foreman grill that has the adjustable temperature on it. Ours is an older model (my inlaws gave it to us), so it doesn't have that option.

dalejr8fan ~
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 20:21

Stats: 136/127/125 Female 66 inches
BF:32/25/20
Progress: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalejr8fan

I'd like to get a Foreman grill that has the adjustable temperature on it. Ours is an older model (my inlaws gave it to us), so it doesn't have that option.

dalejr8fan ~

Hmmmmmmmmmm, never saw one of those, and mine is only 4 months old!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 21:01

Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%

I really enjoy my Hamilton Beach grill. I owned two Foreman's beforehand and then I went with the Hamilton because I got more grill surface for the price. Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference between the two brands. I guess I have become use to the fact that I will have to replace the grill due to the excessive use. Walmart and KMART sell them at a reasonable price. The idea of the aluminum foil may help pro-long the life of my grill so I will start trying that out. But all in all, I have to say, the idea of using basically two "flat waffle irons" to cook meat and veggies was ingenious. The worse convenience cooker I ever bought was an electric hotdog cooker many years ago. It only took a day to figure out that this was a bad idea. The two times I tried it (the second time was to see if I was dreaming), the hotdogs tasted as if they had been electrocuted. If you can imagine, biting into a hotdog and it felt like you had a small spark of electricity hitting your tongue. It was kind of like someone shuffling their feet on the carpet and without warning, they touch you and (BUZZ) static electricity. The store got that rascal back the very next day.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 21:17

Stats: 141.5/119/105 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I use mine for shrimp. I toss them in a tiny bit of olive oil and old bay seasoning, lay them on the grill, close the top and there done in about a minute. I prefer burgers on the outside grill but shrimp burns outside. Definitely going to try the portabellos on it. I didn't think of that!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:02
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 260/240/142 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Drake, could you possibly be talking about a "Hot Diggity Dogger"??

We have one way in the back of the cupboard. WAY in back! LOL!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 22:30

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 0%

We have had a G Forman grill since it first came out and we love it. Yellow squash and onions with a bit of seasoning is great too.
I use it too make quesadillas for our daughter. (not me)Any leftover meat and some cheese in a tortillia and it's a hit with her. I cut it into triangles and put sour cream on the plate.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 01:33
Registered Member

Stats: 343/244/225 Male 6 ft 1 in
BF:
Progress: 84%

Isnt it funny that all these people who are LC'ing and are using the Foreman are using an appliance that was designed to cut the fat?
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 02:03

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 328/255.0/150 Female 5' 6"
BF:52%/43%/20%
Progress: 41%

I love my GF too! I was about to toss it after the first time I used it. My steaks turned out GROSS! Fat turned bright yellow and it was totally well done in all of 6 minutes. I use the bbq for steaks now, but love the GF for Chicken breasts, veggies, hotdogs. I'm gonna have to try it for burgers soon!

ps... the foil thing really does work! I spray the foil with Pam so the meat doesn't stick, but it makes clean up super easy!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 06:04

Stats: 249/232/196 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 32%

Its amazing the amount of fat thats not going into your body this can only be a good thing
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 06:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

I bought mine a few eyars ago,and they make incredible roasted peppers!!!!